Will UK mortgage rates rise or fall ?

Started by Borchester, April 20, 2023, 05:10:46 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 25, 2023, 04:50:20 PM
Nick for a seemingly intelligent person you very ill informed and a very long way out of date.
Your stock post when you're backed into a corner. 
And the fact is I fly minimum 60,000 miles a year and have many visa's. Russia, China, India, USA and none of them are issued just in case my flight is diverted there. You've been found out, be man enough to fess up. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 04:48:19 PM
And everyone knows you're talking bollocks.
Nick for a seemingly intelligent person you very ill informed and a very long way out of date.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 25, 2023, 04:47:08 PM
Other than a sofa in a garden, my comment still stands. (I have explained several times about the Visa for the USA that you appear to have short term memory loss is NOT my problem.)
And everyone knows you're talking bollocks. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 04:44:05 PM
You clearly have no clue about the real world if you think middle class home owners are just as likely to have a sofa in their garden, if they do it will be Rattan and not DFS. You like in cloud cuckoo land where you think you got a US visa just in case and your the only person that could do a specific job, but you won't say what it was cause you know you'll get shot down.
But I'm the one out of date and I'll informed lol
Other than a sofa in a garden, my comment still stands. (I have explained several times about the Visa for the USA that you appear to have short term memory loss is NOT my problem.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 25, 2023, 07:47:41 AM
Nick you are out of date and ill informed as well. Such antisocial people as you describe are just as likely to be home owners and middle class, and very arrogant. (It usually take drastic direct action to stop them being a nuisance.)
You clearly have no clue about the real world if you think middle class home owners are just as likely to have a sofa in their garden, if they do it will be Rattan and not DFS. You like in cloud cuckoo land where you think you got a US visa just in case and your the only person that could do a specific job, but you won't say what it was cause you know you'll get shot down. 
But I'm the one out of date and I'll informed lol

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 24, 2023, 07:43:26 PM
Oh what a shame, the poor cherubs can no long have a sofa in the garden, and have outrageously loud parties until 2am, keeping all the neighbours up. If you think these type of people don't need rules then you're clearly on of them. I shall amend your profile immediately to read Sir Smurf or Chav.
Nick you are out of date and ill informed as well. Such antisocial people as you describe are just as likely to be home owners and middle class, and very arrogant. (It usually take drastic direct action to stop them being a nuisance.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 24, 2023, 05:44:34 PM
That is obvious, there are in work and out of work benefits. (Universal credit is both.) It is no longer obvious what is and is not a council house due to the right to buy. How you could possibly know what ALL the tenants  or if anyone is on benefit unless you are psychic.
Many of the few "council houses," left have taken over by housing associations which have far stricter rules and regulations that tenants have to adhere to than council house tenant did/do.
Oh what a shame, the poor cherubs can no long have a sofa in the garden, and have outrageously loud parties until 2am, keeping all the neighbours up. If you think these type of people don't need rules then you're clearly on of them. I shall amend your profile immediately to read Sir Smurf or Chav. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 24, 2023, 06:19:45 PMI know which houses are council because the Mrs works for the council . 
That gives no access to benefit records.

Streetwalker

That is obvious, there are in work and out of work benefits. (Universal credit is both.) 
Yes thats what I thought , thanks for clarifying . 
 It is no longer obvious what is and is not a council house due to the right to buy.
Not completely but you can take a reasonable guess by looking at the bog standard doors and windows . That however is not the point but 
Quote from: papasmurf on April 24, 2023, 05:44:34 PMHow you could possibly know what ALL the tenants  or if anyone is on benefit unless you are psychic.

I know which houses are council because the Mrs works for the council . The criteria has already been explained 
Many of the few "council houses," left have taken over by housing associations which have far stricter rules and regulations that tenants have to adhere to than council house tenant did/do.
Not on my estate they are not , either private or council here.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 24, 2023, 05:01:43 PM

Now as I say I dont know much about benefits ,

That is obvious, there are in work and out of work benefits. (Universal credit is both.) It is no longer obvious what is and is not a council house due to the right to buy. How you could possibly know what ALL the tenants  or if anyone is on benefit unless you are psychic.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 24, 2023, 01:56:53 PM
The only thing we do know as a fact is that that ^ is just hyperbole as a statement to clarify your 'Round here all the council houses that are left are rented by people on benefits so I guess for one reason or another they dont want to '.

Have you not considered that you might only tend to notice those that match your stereotyping?
Its not stereotyping its fact and indeed the criteria for getting anywhere near the end of the list where you might get one 

To be considered for my council you will need to (amoung other things) be 
Not be able to afford to buy or private rent 
Your current home is in dissrepair and effecting your health
Overcrowded (according to the bedroom standard)
Your dissabled
Homeless
registered as a foster carer

As well as the above priority is given to people who are working on a low income 

Now as I say I dont know much about benefits , but I know enough to know anyone (bar the odd anomally) that fits the criteria for a council house will also fall under at least one benefit entitlement .

Quote from: Nick on April 24, 2023, 04:26:11 PM
When I first came out of the MOB in 89 I was running a SKY franchise, the vast majority of people I visited were council house tenants. I literally had to hold my breath some times the places were that disgusting. And there were small babies crawling around.
The point being they do tend to fit the profile.

Tell me about it . Ive heard all the horror stories from people I know on the maintenance and repairs side  . A few are kept like palaces but as you say Nick not all , some even need a visit from eviromental health before the builders can go in . Absolute filth .  
Some rich drums  are just as bad though , it comes to something when you can't even accept the offer of a cup of tea in Knightsbridge for fear of catching something .

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 24, 2023, 01:00:28 PM
So someone who lives in a two bob  village in Cornwall is telling someone who lives on a council estate in London what the score is with regard who lives in council houses ....OK then ::)
When I first came out of the MOB in 89 I was running a SKY franchise, the vast majority of people I visited were council house tenants. I literally had to hold my breath some times the places were that disgusting. And there were small babies crawling around.
The point being they do tend to fit the profile. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 23, 2023, 08:37:45 PM
I dont know anything about benefits so wouldn't know what ones they are on . I do know that they are single parents or fat bastards and none of them go to work so unless they have won the lotto or something they are living on benefits
The only thing we do know as a fact is that that ^ is just hyperbole as a statement to clarify your 'Round here all the council houses that are left are rented by people on benefits so I guess for one reason or another they dont want to '.

Have you not considered that you might only tend to notice those that match your stereotyping?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 24, 2023, 01:00:28 PM
So someone who lives in a two bob  village in Cornwall is telling someone who lives on a council estate in London what the score is with regard who lives in council houses ....OK then ::)
I am referring to national data NOT one persons ill informed prejudiced view. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on April 24, 2023, 07:59:14 AM
You are so out of touch and out of date is is not worth bothering trying to debate with you. You really do need to keep up with the up to date data.
So someone who lives in a two bob  village in Cornwall is telling someone who lives on a council estate in London what the score is with regard who lives in council houses ....OK then ::)