DD Productions...the new (old) shed...

Started by DeppityDawg, February 06, 2020, 08:12:37 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=18755 time=1584351345 user_id=49
Hazmat suits needed after all ladies and gentlemen, that's me been sent home from work to self isolate for a week  :oops:  :o  :cry:  :roll:

So in other words, gin and tonics crashed.out on the sofa watching Netflix?

Bright Young Thing

Hazmat suits needed after all ladies and gentlemen, that's me been sent home from work to self isolate for a week  :oops:  :o  :cry:  :roll:
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=18555 time=1584214264 user_id=49
So now I'm thinking Vinnie Jones with a jesters hat on, like that chappie from Rentaghost.....  :lol:  :lol:  :hattip  :hattip

Vinny who? Actually my favourite line is Clint Eastwoods in Grand Torino.

"Get off my Lawn...."  :lol:

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18554 time=1584213188 user_id=50
If it wasnt for me injecting some humour into this place, we'd all be slitting our fecking wrists  :lol:

So now I'm thinking Vinnie Jones with a jesters hat on, like that chappie from Rentaghost.....  :lol:  :lol:  :hattip  :hattip

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell post_id=18552 time=1584212500 user_id=48
Bugger off and get some beers.

If it wasnt for me injecting some humour into this place, we'd all be slitting our fecking wrists  :lol:

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=18509 time=1584175937 user_id=50
Wotcha Doll. Aye, I'm getting confused in my old age. Don't tell Cromwell about the hazmat ffs. He'll have the shed closed down for 6 months. It's all Tony Blair's fault I tells ya  :lol:

Bugger off and get some beers.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=18508 time=1584175702 user_id=49
Just posted half an hour ago me old mucker, dementia setting in early is it??

Hoover is being sanitised, any one entering the shed from today onwards has to have a full hazmat suit and goggles. I shall provide straws to poke through for alcohol consumption.

Wotcha Doll. Aye, I'm getting confused in my old age. Don't tell Cromwell about the hazmat ffs. He'll have the shed closed down for 6 months. It's all Tony Blair's fault I tells ya  :lol:

Bright Young Thing

Just posted half an hour ago me old mucker, dementia setting in early is it??

Hoover is being sanitised, any one entering the shed from today onwards has to have a full hazmat suit and goggles. I shall provide straws to poke through for alcohol consumption.

DeppityDawg

Where is BYT anyway? She's not posting and I demand an explanation.

Also, this place is a shit tip. Get the fecking hoover out woman.

DeppityDawg

There are some posters who just make you feel........

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=15815 time=1581173685 user_id=49
Jobs for the boys and all that.....on you go.

I'm off for a posh nosh up and maybe a few glasses of something sparkling to celebrate my old man's 80th. Leave the armchair clear for me to return later, and beware I may be in a garrulous sense of humour.

Bright Young Thing

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15809 time=1581160929 user_id=50
Still waiting for you to put the gin down and pick the fecking hoover up  :lol:

Anyway. I'm off down the bookies.

Jobs for the boys and all that.....on you go.

I'm off for a posh nosh up and maybe a few glasses of something sparkling to celebrate my old man's 80th. Leave the armchair clear for me to return later, and beware I may be in a garrulous sense of humour.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15805 time=1581158216 user_id=50
https://i.ibb.co/wBKXnjK/F88k-Off.png">

:lol:

Didn't look hard enough  ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coir-Door-Mat-60-x-40-F-CK-OFF-Rude-stencil-style-Coconut-doormat/283519421717?hash=item4203130d15:g:fP0AAOSwS~ldSZi-">//https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coir-Door-Mat-60-x-40-F-CK-OFF-Rude-stencil-style-Coconut-doormat/283519421717?hash=item4203130d15:g:fP0AAOSwS~ldSZi-
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=15696 time=1581024821 user_id=49
PS - too tired to think up a witty post but rest assured I will return tomorrow with  nice bottle of pink gin and some mixers. Get the hoover out Dawg, and Oli, get that armchair repaired (properly this time please, duct tape and WD40 DO NOT fix everything!)

Still waiting for you to put the gin down and pick the fecking hoover up  :lol:

Anyway. I'm off down the bookies.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=15804 time=1581158083 user_id=89
I have handled a real Thomson, numerous Brens, and I have to agree. Most infantry weapons up until recently are very heavy, even without any ammo in them. Stick a 100 round drum magazine on a Thomson and it heavy to pick up let alone fire.

What does worry me is visually replicas are impossible to differentiate from the real thing

In some cases even picking up they have a similar weight and feel.

After handling a variety I think they should require a licence to own.

We used the L4 variant Bren gun (rechambered 7.62 NATO) in NI a lot. It was a little lighter than the GPMG on long patrols, and you could get away with less ammo weight (mags, not disintegrating links, which are cumbersome). Still fecking heavy though. Never used a Thompson, out of my age range really. Technically speaking, it was never really accepted by the British Army as an infantry weapon anyway. Too over engineered and too expensive to mass produce, with an odd calibre that meant yet another different round to carry. In endurance and efficiency terms, ammo commonality is king. The more weapons that use the same round, the better.