DD Productions...the new (old) shed...

Started by DeppityDawg, February 06, 2020, 08:12:37 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

https://i.ibb.co/wBKXnjK/F88k-Off.png">

:lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15798 time=1581155930 user_id=50
Whatever the buzz of "toting" firearms might be, it soon disappears when you have the carry the fecking things together with ammunition for any distance.

I have handled a real Thomson, numerous Brens, and I have to agree. Most infantry weapons up until recently are very heavy, even without any ammo in them. Stick a 100 round drum magazine on a Thomson and it heavy to pick up let alone fire.

What does worry me is visually replicas are impossible to differentiate from the real thing

In some cases even picking up they have a similar weight and feel.

After handling a variety I think they should require a licence to own.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

https://i.ibb.co/9n75z2S/Letter-147.jpg">

:kikass:

DeppityDawg

https://i.ibb.co/HC1Q66V/VizBQ.jpg">

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=15793 time=1581150977 user_id=89
Not at all, I worked for a firearms dealer in the past and that gave me the opportunity to have my photo taken with a wide range of military firearms and other kit.

A friend came around two days ago to take some close up pictures of the side car mountings on one of my side car outfits so I can email the pictures tp someone who wish to make a set of fittings and subframe  for project birthday present for his wife.

The man who took those pictures also has  a big collection of replica firearms some of which he bought with him so he could take some picture of me with them "defending" my brick built barbecue. (That was whilst I wore a British "Tommy" helmet that is a family heirloom of mine.)

Whatever the buzz of "toting" firearms might be, it soon disappears when you have the carry the fecking things together with ammunition for any distance. The old MILAN ATGM weighed about 30lbs. A GPMG about 25lbs, without the ammo, an L16 mortar baseplate another 20. A typical cemo load could be 120lbs, or nearly 55kg. Try carrying that sh*t for 15 miles and see what your photo looks like then  :lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=15772 time=1581110226 user_id=70
Just in your imagination...?

Not at all, I worked for a firearms dealer in the past and that gave me the opportunity to have my photo taken with a wide range of military firearms and other kit.

A friend came around two days ago to take some close up pictures of the side car mountings on one of my side car outfits so I can email the pictures tp someone who wish to make a set of fittings and subframe  for project birthday present for his wife.

The man who took those pictures also has  a big collection of replica firearms some of which he bought with him so he could take some picture of me with them "defending" my brick built barbecue. (That was whilst I wore a British "Tommy" helmet that is a family heirloom of mine.)

DeppityDawg

Ignore him, Smurf. He thinks everyone is as full of shit as he is.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=15728 time=1581083175 user_id=89
Somewhere there are photos of me with an anti-tank missile launcher, and various other weaponry.

(There are also since yesterday some photos of me with various replicas, machine gun, Thomson sub-machine gun, and a Kalashnikov.)

I don't have any room in my sheds and garage for them though.

Just in your imagination...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Sampanviking post_id=15727 time=1581082673 user_id=79
Heavily armed and militant Smurfs is definitely an a notion and image to conjure with!

May need to retaliate by selling RPG's to the Wombles...

The Clangers already have a large Arsenal of Gravity bombs...... you know them, only want things that have impact once dropped.

Somewhere there are photos of me with an anti-tank missile launcher, and various other weaponry.

(There are also since yesterday some photos of me with various replicas, machine gun, Thomson sub-machine gun, and a Kalashnikov.)

I don't have any room in my sheds and garage for them though.

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=15724 time=1581080789 user_id=89
I have no problem at all with people throwing coconuts at me as long as I have  a semi-automatic 12 bore to shoot them in flight.

Heavily armed and militant Smurfs is definitely an a notion and image to conjure with!

May need to retaliate by selling RPG's to the Wombles...

The Clangers already have a large Arsenal of Gravity bombs...... you know them, only want things that have impact once dropped.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=15724 time=1581080789 user_id=89
I have no problem at all with people throwing coconuts at me as long as I have  a semi-automatic 12 bore to shoot them in flight.

Isn't that the same as taking a hammer to crack a walnut?  :lol:  :lol:

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15721 time=1581079733 user_id=50
Drinking? I'm at work! Someone has to keep her in shoes! She's out drinking coffee with her mates.

I'm just having one of those "up" periods. I enjoy them while they last. Anyway, this place needs livening up. I thought about having a fairground type attraction. Throwing coconuts at a Smurf  :lol:

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=15720 time=1581079692 user_id=89
That is why he is banished to the shed.

I don't think the shed will hold him today!

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=15721 time=1581079733 user_id=50
Drinking? I'm at work! Someone has to keep her in shoes! She's out drinking coffee with her mates.

I'm just having one of those "up" periods. I enjoy them while they last. Anyway, this place needs livening up. I thought about having a fairground type attraction. Throwing coconuts at a Smurf  :lol:

Enjoy then - someone needs to be a bit upbeat around here. It's a bit like a morgue at the moment.  :hattip

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=15719 time=1581079264 user_id=54
I can only assume that you are drinking. Mrs Dawg really needs to sort you out.   :lol:  :lol: