Main Menu

Cuba

Started by Nick, April 21, 2023, 03:38:31 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 01, 2023, 11:27:07 AM
And when I gave you one you just went all ridiculous pretending that every source that disagrees with your vision of Cuba must be propaganda.

If you love Cuba and its ways so much why don't you shove off there? 
I don't love Cuba at all. All I asked asked for was a credible reference. (Which was NOT forthcoming.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on May 01, 2023, 06:02:59 AM
Nick all I asked for was a credible reference to back up your contention. (Which you could not provide.)
And when I gave you one you just went all ridiculous pretending that every source that disagrees with your vision of Cuba must be propaganda.

If you love Cuba and its ways so much why don't you shove off there?  

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 01, 2023, 03:47:06 AM
Ah, so are some on this site that say I was talking BS about queuing for days going to apologise? Not a chance.
Im now back in U.K. but our taxi driver that took us to the airport said he had no idea why the queues were so long.
Nick all I asked for was a credible reference to back up your contention. (Which you could not provide.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 30, 2023, 06:16:39 PM
Not good, Cuba's run out of fuel so has cancelled May Day, are they going to blame Nick?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-65442845 
Ah, so are some on this site that say I was talking BS about queuing for days going to apologise? Not a chance. 
Im now back in U.K. but our taxi driver that took us to the airport said he had no idea why the queues were so long. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Not good, Cuba's run out of fuel so has cancelled May Day, are they going to blame Nick?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-65442845  

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 26, 2023, 09:31:30 AM
Hard to believe it's 100% but those sanctions are less than constructive.  But then Cuba still owes compensation for the nationalisation of USA owned companies that triggered the sanctions.

There's a solution to be had if both sides tried being intelligent, won't hold my breath. 
Obama undid quite a few of the sanctions but DT just put them back. Apparently there are a few notes in Cuba with Obama's face on then, quite rare I believe, but I've not seen one unfortunately. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 22, 2023, 01:39:14 PM
No it wasn't.
Oh yes it was, and that's why you have disappeared, thinking it will be forgotten about. It won't. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 26, 2023, 06:32:22 AM
This is 100% down to USA sanctions, 70 years after the event, but strangely enough they don't seem to hold any grudge towards the USA and speak about wanting to go there. Apparently there are a few rare CUP notes with Obama on them, not seen one though.
Hard to believe it's 100% but those sanctions are less than constructive.  But then Cuba still owes compensation for the nationalisation of USA owned companies that triggered the sanctions. 

There's a solution to be had if both sides tried being intelligent, won't hold my breath.  

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 25, 2023, 10:34:09 PM
Depressing that.

One of my (perhaps odd) likes in life is when in a new to me country is go to a supermarket as you get to understand a lot about the real country from what they buy and how they present it to customers.  And that image certainly gives a message about Cuba their dictators should be ashamed of.

Macron's finest moment was when he described Hollande's lurch to the far left in France as 'Cuba without the sun'  and no one was under any illusion that was a good thing.
This is 100% down to USA sanctions, 70 years after the event, but strangely enough they don't seem to hold any grudge towards the USA and speak about wanting to go there. Apparently there are a few rare CUP notes with Obama on them, not seen one though. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 25, 2023, 07:09:42 PM
What empty shelves actually look like. And this is in the centre of Habana.

J

. . .
Depressing that.

One of my (perhaps odd) likes in life is when in a new to me country is go to a supermarket as you get to understand a lot about the real country from what they buy and how they present it to customers.   And that image certainly gives a message about Cuba their dictators should be ashamed of.

Macron's finest moment was when he described Hollande's lurch to the far left in France as 'Cuba without the sun'  and no one was under any illusion that was a good thing.

Nick

What empty shelves actually look like. And this is in the centre of Habana.

J

Unlike the shelves of Redruth Tesco during Covid. 

Nick

This guy seems popular. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on April 22, 2023, 08:29:25 PM
I'm wondering how much the con artist scammed him for
Apparently he went to the Embassy. Imagine the conversation !!

Ive come for a visa. 
What is the purpose of the visa. 
Just in case I get diverted. 
NEXT lol

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on April 22, 2023, 07:53:09 PM
To get a USA visa you need to supply a reason for the visit and a port of entry, neither of which you had, basically you've been found out, same as the special job on the other thread which you ignored.
I'm wondering how much the con artist scammed him for

Nick