Raab has resigned

Started by papasmurf, April 21, 2023, 10:06:52 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on April 21, 2023, 02:04:50 PM
As usual you have to advocate violence, which is the last refuge of the incompetent. And as a person that's about 8 stone sopping wet you'd do well to avoid such exchanges.

Pappy probably enjoys it, although as you say, he has never studied the Foundation Series
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 03:18:47 PM
If you bully people you are a bad manager/foreman.
Well it didn't stop about half the so called managers in the outfits i've worked in

i suppose i've been freelance for half my working life so i never had to tolerate it. 

I do recall Radley the ass hole banker in charge of Barclaycard before the crash though. I got an urgent call to join a team of forensic accountants to rip open the accounts at one place he was before that, where he caused a right mess. So when i heard he was taking over i thought i wont be here much longer

He did have the ability to bring out the worst in people though. But i remember one exec meeting where an expert i had worked with several times was basically subjected to several dozen sneering remarks. Now Peter had hauled two energy companies three insurance companies and a bank out of a quagmire and i'd been there with him for half of those and if you asked me to describe him in one word i'd say 'unflappable'

After fifteen minutes of this prick berating him, he stood up and said and i quote 'you know what, i don't get paid enough to put up with this shit' and walked out.

I really wanted to fucking applaud. I should have.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 11:10:01 AM
That is just experience of one area. (Military procurement has needed radical reform since the time of wooden battleships.)
Having read the summary of the review i see one comppaint was utterly dusmissed.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 21, 2023, 03:43:56 PM
Im not saying anyone got bullied .
Putting the fear of God into people IS bullying.

Bullying behaviour can be:

• Physical – pushing, poking, kicking, hitting, biting, pinching etc.
  • Verbal  - name calling, sarcasm, spreading rumours, threats, teasing, belittling.
  • Emotional – isolating others, tormenting, hiding books, threatening gestures,  ridicule, humiliation, intimidating, excluding, manipulation and coercion.
  • Sexual – unwanted physical contact, inappropriate touching, abusive comments, homophobic abuse, exposure to inappropriate films etc.
  • Online /cyber – posting on social media, sharing photos, sending nasty text messages, social exclusion
  • Indirect - Can include the exploitation of individuals.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 03:18:47 PM
Im not saying anyone got bullied . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 21, 2023, 03:15:59 PM
Thats AN  opinion not a fact .  The foreman in many industries isnt employed for being a nice bloke , he is employed because he puts the fear of god into the workforce .

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 02:57:10 PM
Bullying is NOT telling off. Workplace bullies are a menace, whatever the workplace. (As for the armed services bullies risk "fragging.)
Thats AN  opinion not a fact .  The foreman in many industries isnt employed for being a nice bloke , he is employed because he puts the fear of god into the workforce . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 21, 2023, 03:09:23 PM
I was in the forces, and what you call bullying is just forces life. Sounds like you've gone through life wrapped in cotton wool.
Nick bullying is somewhat more than being barked at by an NCO in basic training.  My family and I have a reputation of NOT accepting being bullied going back several generations. As for being wrapped in cotton wool my mother was universally feared for being strict and not suffering fools gladly. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 02:41:51 PM
Nick everyone has a breaking point when bullied on regular basis. 
I was in the forces, and what you call bullying is just forces life. Sounds like you've gone through life wrapped in cotton wool. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on April 21, 2023, 02:52:13 PM
Which is maybe the whole point of the Rabb situation . Who says whats the difference between Bullying  or kicking the troops into line  .  For some that claim being bullied others would take it as encouragment .

Are we really going to live in a country where nobody is allowed to tell off an employee ?
Bullying is NOT telling off. Workplace bullies are a menace, whatever the workplace. (As for the armed services bullies risk "fragging.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 02:41:51 PM
Which is maybe the whole point of the Rabb situation . Who says whats the difference between Bullying  or kicking the troops into line  .  For some that claim being bullied others would take it as encouragment .

Are we really going to live in a country where nobody is allowed to tell off an employee ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 21, 2023, 02:38:09 PM
Cause as a rule, anyone with an ounce of grey matter knows that resorting to violence will get you in deep shit.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 02:29:10 PM
Nick, I am not advocating violence at all, but bullies need to realise you reap what you sow. For instance it is a mystery to me why the likes of Kelvin Mackenzie were never decked or offed.
Cause as a rule, anyone with an ounce of grey matter knows that resorting to violence will get you in deep shit. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on April 21, 2023, 02:04:50 PM
As usual you have to advocate violence, which is the last refuge of the incompetent. And as a person that's about 8 stone sopping wet you'd do well to avoid such exchanges.
Nick, I am not advocating violence at all, but bullies need to realise you reap what you sew. For instance it is a mystery to me why the likes of Kelvin Mackenzie were never decked or offed.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on April 21, 2023, 12:39:20 PM
Yes, plus on TV reality programs like the apprentice. What surprises me is why more don't get decked or offed.