The BBC's chairman has resigned

Started by papasmurf, April 28, 2023, 11:15:07 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on April 29, 2023, 03:03:26 PM
Those suffering from personality and cognitive dissonance on the forum do not include me.

Sounds like the personality and cognitive dissonance speaking :)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on April 29, 2023, 02:48:14 PM
But I sometimes wish to comment and don't always consider politeness need be a constraint when dealing with posters exhibiting personality and cognisance defects...
Those suffering from personality and cognitive dissonance on the forum do not include me.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on April 29, 2023, 02:25:24 PM
If you don't wish to comment politely I suggest you don't bother.
But I sometimes wish to comment and don't always consider politeness need be a constraint when dealing with posters exhibiting personality and cognisance defects...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on April 29, 2023, 01:53:02 PM
So you're the type of person who'd crap in the corner with no other reason than because nobody else has?

That figures, I guess...
If you don't wish to comment politely I suggest you don't bother.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on April 29, 2023, 01:42:33 PM
More or less every other forum I use has a thread on the subject. This one didn't so I started one.
So you're the type of person who'd crap in the corner with no other reason than because nobody else has?

That figures, I guess...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on April 29, 2023, 12:45:10 PM
I have — the £800,000 story been inescapable.

Which is why I wondered what the purpose was of posting the bare bones of a report (without comment) that's been incessantly covered by the broadcast and print news media for most of yesterday and a good part of today...
More or less every other forum I use has a thread on the subject. This one didn't so I started one.

patman post

I have — the £800,000 story been inescapable.

Which is why I wondered what the purpose was of posting the bare bones of a report (without comment) that's been incessantly covered by the broadcast and print news media for most of yesterday and a good part of today...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on April 29, 2023, 11:17:13 AM
So...?
You have not  been following the Boris begging for a £800000 loan story then?

patman post

papasmurf

Another one bites the dust:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-65421762

1 hour ago
The BBC's chairman has resigned on the day a report into his appointment has been published.

Richard Sharp said in a statement that while the report laid out he had breached the governance code for public appointment it supported his case that this was "inadvertent and not material".

Although, he said the matter was still a distraction for the corporation.

The report was looking at whether Mr Sharp properly disclosed details of any involvement in the facilitation of a £800,000 loan guarantee to the then PM Boris Johnson.

Mr Sharp has denied any involvement in the arrangement of a loan.