Who is the worse politician in the UK?

Started by Borchester, April 28, 2023, 03:20:04 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on May 01, 2023, 10:41:18 PM
Depends what you mean as worst. Someone can be a skilful politician but use that skill to do an enormous amount of damage.

My nomination, on that basis, for worst politician is someone who failed to even be elected as an MP but that didn't stop them from harming our country. That politician is Nigel Farage.
Union Flag The harm as you see it quackers could heve been avoided with like minded people in government 

HDQQ

Depends what you mean as worst. Someone can be a skilful politician but use that skill to do an enormous amount of damage.

My nomination, on that basis, for worst politician is someone who failed to even be elected as an MP but that didn't stop them from harming our country. That politician is Nigel Farage.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

patman post

Is there any definitive answer?

Answers (here and in another place) appear to simply be lists of the politicians individual posters dislike the most.

Personally, I regard the majority of them as nonentities incapable of accomplishing anything useful. Picking the worst is impossible.

But I can name those who I believe have positively impacted my life by their achievements (and I would include some who died before I was born)...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 01, 2023, 02:27:28 PM
Does this mean you now think Boris is innocent
You must be joking he is near the top of the worst.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 01, 2023, 06:23:26 AM
The current crop of politicians in Britain of all political parties are lackluster shower, not capable of running a "party," in a brewery. Also the level of corruption and criminality is disgraceful.
Does this mean you now think Boris is innocent 

papasmurf

The current crop of politicians in Britain of all political parties are lackluster shower, not capable of running a "party," in a brewery. Also the level of corruption and criminality is disgraceful.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on April 28, 2023, 03:20:04 PM
I can't say that I find any of them particularly bad.

To me the real problem is that politicians have an urge to be up and doing and interfering in matters that usually solve themselves if left in the care of time.

That said, what is your take on the matter ?
I dunno , just when you think one of them has climbed out of the swamp they inevitably dive straight back into it . It would be a road to dissapointment to expect anything else as would to choose the worst as they are sure to be outdone by another as quickly as night follows day

srb7677

Nadine Dorries, Priti Patel, Suella Braverman, Liz Truss, Kwazi Kwarteng, Jacob Rees Mogg, Boris Johnson, Keir Starmer, Wes Streeting, Nigel Farage, Dominic Raab, Diane Abbot, Peter Mandelson, John Mann....i could go on, the list is endless,.

A much tougher question to answer would be who is the best politician in the UK. i cannot think of a single one where the word "best" would not be a misuse of the word.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Unlucky4Sum

To me the real problem is that politicians have an urge to be up and doing and interfering in matters that usually solve themselves if left in the care of time.

Boris Johnson, Diane Abbott, David Lammy, Jeremy Corbyn, (30p) Lee Anderson, Christopher Chope, Ester McVey, Maria Miller are all self serving utter disgraces as MPs

That said I've met various MPs and most have been good and well meaning, my MP Huw Merriman (Tory) is a decent enough bloke

Nick

Are we talking genes here? If we are, Angela Rayner has got be up for that. She also is bitching that her boyfriend is not being put forward as a candidate. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !