Irish election

Started by T00ts, February 07, 2020, 11:37:01 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Sinn Féin seems to be gaining substantial support, so Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil may find themselves unable to arrange their usual coalitions. And that might just get the impetus needed to achieve a united Ireland...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I caught the last part of a debate/discussion on Sky All Out Politics. They were in Ireland and there were 7 people presumably representing different parties standing for election tomorrow. Things that struck me:-

1 They all talk at once, talking over each other so nothing is heard clearly. It must be catching!

2 There was almost the same disagreement as here with some on the benefit or otherwise of the EU.

3 There were the same worries about health and housing being inadequate. They have 1000s homeless.

4 There was a stated division between young and old on the way forward. Sinn Fein popularity up with young.

5 There were concerns about how Brexit was going to impact them.

6 They seem concerned to maintain friendship with UK as their closest allies and friends

I'm sure there was more but it all seemed vaguely familiar. Looking at the way they all interacted I see no way with their PR that they can manage to govern. It looked a mess. I shall be very interested to see how it's resolved. It seems all is not so rosy over the water after all. It explains some of the desperation evident here.