Right To Protest Gradually Being Outlawed

Started by Scott777, May 04, 2023, 06:05:19 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 08, 2023, 10:07:19 AM
So wouldn't it be a good idea for the police to make that clear in advance?  Especially when they have no legal authority to so proceed.

And for them to apologise promptly and make a donation to the volunteer group?

oh silly me they'll be too busy covering up for their raping colleagues won't they pretending 'lessons have been learnt'.
Investigations are ongoing , I'll keep my powder dry on whether an apology is in order. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 08, 2023, 09:53:20 AM
Im not saying that at all , the girls  can have as many rape alarms as they like today and for the end of all time . They just couldn't pick a free  one up over the day or so before the coronation as it was suggested activists were asking for them to disrupt the procession . . .
So wouldn't it be a good idea for the police to make that clear in advance?  Especially when they have no legal authority to so proceed.

And for them to apologise promptly and make a donation to the volunteer group?

oh silly me they'll be too busy covering up for their raping colleagues won't they pretending 'lessons have been learnt'.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 08, 2023, 01:05:14 AM
FFS SW what you are saying is a police force with a notorious reputation for raping women is allowed to remove one of the few protections women have using a false interpretation of the law.

It's not a good look
Im not saying that at all , the girls  can have as many rape alarms as they like today and for the end of all time . They just couldn't pick a free  one up over the day or so before the coronation as it was suggested activists were asking for them to disrupt the procession .
Quote from: patman post on May 07, 2023, 11:03:16 PM
So it all leads back to a speculative story in the Mail on Sunday, which paid an ex-grenadier guard to speculate on what might happen if the scenario including animal rights and Stop Oil activists used rape alarms to scar the horses. After that, govt personnel and police used the speculation to cover OTT police actions hours before in Soho.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12003081/Extremists-vile-plot-spook-Kings-horses-rape-alarms-cause-injuries-deaths.html

Don't tell me you really believe all his arse-covering and excuse fabrication — or do you...?
It doesnt matter if I believe it or not . The fact was though it having been suggested as a course of action by activists plod had a duty to act on it .

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2023, 08:11:31 PM
Nor was anyone else in High Wycombe 50 years agoYou obviously didnt see reports from over a month ago that suggested activists were planning to throw rape alarms at the horses during the possession . Quite rightly taken seriously by plod so they ...

1 Arrested and detained for the duration known activists
2 Arrested and detained for the duration people handing out rape alarms .

We dont know how serious the threat was or the involvement of individuals in supplying and assisting people in carrying out that threat . You are only guessing that plod have overstepped the mark
FFS SW what you are saying is a police force with a notorious reputation for raping women is allowed to remove one of the few protections women have using a false interpretation of the law.

It's not a good look

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2023, 10:44:37 PM
Its not hard posty , google is your friend  .Maybe not as long ago as I recall but long enough to give fair warning that steps would be taken ect .

Government taking coronation security threats 'very seriously' after reports rape alarms will be thrown at horses | UK News | Sky News

So it all leads back to a speculative story in the Mail on Sunday, which paid an ex-grenadier guard to speculate on what might happen if the scenario including animal rights and Stop Oil activists used rape alarms to scar the horses. After that, govt personnel and police used the speculation to cover OTT police actions hours before in Soho.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12003081/Extremists-vile-plot-spook-Kings-horses-rape-alarms-cause-injuries-deaths.html

Don't tell me you really believe all his arse-covering and excuse fabrication — or do you...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on May 07, 2023, 08:40:12 PM
I for one, didn't. But then I wasn't looking. Now I am, and I still can't see any references older than a couple of days.

With all the brass, drums and woodwind, playing at military marching tilt, would the horses notice any particular difference?

In the old days, rolling a handful of marbles or ball bearings along the road was supposedly the way to get horses skittish without hurting them...
Its not hard posty , google is your friend  .Maybe not as long ago as I recall but long enough to give fair warning that steps would be taken ect . 

Government taking coronation security threats 'very seriously' after reports rape alarms will be thrown at horses | UK News | Sky News

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2023, 08:11:31 PMYou obviously didnt see reports from over a month ago that suggested activists were planning to throw rape alarms at the horses during the possession .
I for one, didn't. But then I wasn't looking. Now I am, and I still can't see any references older than a couple of days.

With all the brass, drums and woodwind, playing at military marching tilt, would the horses notice any particular difference?

In the old days, rolling a handful of marbles or ball bearings along the road was supposedly the way to get horses skittish without hurting them...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 07, 2023, 06:58:28 PM
I got stopped rarely but I am not black.
Nor was anyone else in High Wycombe 50 years ago
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 07, 2023, 06:33:09 PM
So you are a fully paid up member of the rape should not be deterred party then?

This action by the Police was way beyond their allowed powers and just shows how some of them are not fit and should be dismissed pronto. 

Even someone with a mental age in single figures would know that possessing a rape alarm is not going equipped to either lock on or tunnel.  When the police go way beyond the law they legitimise people taking action against the police.  Do you really want to go there?

You obviously didnt see reports from over a month ago that suggested activists were planning to throw rape alarms at the horses during the possession . Quite rightly taken seriously by plod so they ...

1 Arrested and detained for the duration known activists
2 Arrested and detained for the duration people handing out rape alarms . 

We dont know how serious the threat was or the involvement of individuals in supplying and assisting people in carrying out that threat . You are only guessing that plod have overstepped the mark 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2023, 06:15:22 PM
It was only regular for faces known to plod , what the feck were you doing getting stopped 3/4 times in 30 years you naughty boy ?
I got stopped rarely but I am not black.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2023, 02:59:01 PM
Rape alarms have been used in the past to spook the horses on demo's so I guess anyone found with rape alarms were seen as a possible threat , Good to see that nobody with such items got to the front of the crowd .

Well done plod. Put it down to collateral damage
So you are a fully paid up member of the rape should not be deterred party then?

This action by the Police was way beyond their allowed powers and just shows how some of them are not fit and should be dismissed pronto. 

Even someone with a mental age in single figures would know that possessing a rape alarm is not going equipped to either lock on or tunnel.   When the police go way beyond the law they legitimise people taking action against the police.  Do you really want to go there?

Reference law:

a) the base Act:  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2023/15/enacted
b) the very recent legal instrument:  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-order-bill-overarching-documents/public-order-bill-factsheet 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 07, 2023, 05:32:37 PM
It might have been a regular occurrence where you lived, but even when I lived near the "bandit country" that was and is High Wycombe back in the 1960s,70s and early 80s,  I got stopped about three times, all in the early hours of the morning.
It was only regular for faces known to plod , what the feck were you doing getting stopped 3/4 times in 30 years you naughty boy ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2023, 05:24:54 PM
No it doesnt , it puts us in the same place as UK circa 1970 when having your collar felt was a regular occurance
It might have been a regular occurrence where you lived, but even when I lived near the "bandit country" that was and is High Wycombe back in the 1960s,70s and early 80s,  I got stopped about three times, all in the early hours of the morning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 07, 2023, 04:26:01 PM
I am afraid arresting all the usual suspects because they might do something puts Britain in the same place as Russia.
No it doesnt , it puts us in the same place as UK circa 1970 when having your collar felt was a regular occurance and the country was a better place for it .
You and 'beam me up' would be the first to be accusing plod of incompetence if something bad had happened that could have been prevented . 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 07, 2023, 02:50:11 PM
They were all known activists so conspiracy to cause a fecking nusience would cover it .  I dont know if thats one of the new laws but by golly I hope it is .
I am afraid arresting all the usual suspects because they might do something puts Britain in the same place as Russia.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 07, 2023, 09:32:16 AM
For those mentioned in that article I agree but it seems the police arrested the Westminster Council Night Stars (Anti Rape) unit holding them in custody for 14 hours.  That looks a lot like either malicious unlawful arrest or mentally deranged police.  Either way someone probably needs dismissing for this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/metropolitan-police-westminster-city-council-arrest-coronation-b2334184.html

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/news/statement-night-stars-volunteers

'"We are deeply concerned by reports of our Night Stars volunteers being arrested overnight. This service has been a familiar and welcome sight in the West End for a long time and have extensive training so they can assist the most vulnerable on the streets late at night.

"We are working with the Metropolitan Police to establish exactly what happened, and in the meantime, we are in touch with our volunteers to ensure they are receiving the support they need."
Rape alarms have been used in the past to spook the horses on demo's so I guess anyone found with rape alarms were seen as a possible threat , Good to see that nobody with such items got to the front of the crowd .

Well done plod. Put it down to collateral damage