Right To Protest Gradually Being Outlawed

Started by Scott777, May 04, 2023, 06:05:19 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 06:12:34 PM
The police would have been briefed on who was in town, what they were known for and the powers they had. Getting a copper potentially thrown from a horse and paralysed is serious, plus they'd have been lynched by the crowd also.
Well clearly that's not true because they arrested Westminster Council's Night Squad that helps protect vulnerable women.  But of course when it's a police force with a side line in raping vulnerable women they would have wanted to use any excuse for that.

Feel free to point out just how those Night Squad arrests were legal?  You've been given the relevant law but strangely you can't find the relevant power and just seem to think the police should just do what the F@@@ they like no matter what the law.  That's actually the baddies' role. 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 08, 2023, 06:48:27 PM
We're certainly getting many of its "businessmen" and money...
That is not protecting them from Putin.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 06:20:51 PM
It isn't irrelevant, there were numerous fractious horses on Coronation day. Pre-emptive arrests before any offence has been committed is turning Britain into Russia.
We're certainly getting many of its "businessmen" and money — and haven't couple ended up in the Lords?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 06:17:39 PM
Totally irrelevant. If anything makes my point more valid.
It isn't irrelevant, there were numerous fractious horses on Coronation day. Pre-emptive arrests before any offence has been committed is turning Britain into Russia.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 06:06:22 PM
What a load of crap, they were caught going equipped, it is a criminal offence, so stop talking bollocks.
The British man who threw several eggs at King Charles III last year said police detained him again during Saturday's coronation ceremony "on suspicion of carrying eggs."
Thelwell told The Guardian he believed police had spotted him from an observation post near the coronation protesters. 
"They saw me on their watchtower, and next minute I was in handcuffs and being searched on suspicion of having eggs, I suppose," he told The Guardian. "I didn't have anything in my pockets besides condoms and a lighter, so they had to let me go."
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/patrick-thelwell-eggs-king-charles-coronation_n_645679a2e4b0e58960e4dc9a

Wouldn't a semi firm patting down have solved the problem either way...?

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 06:16:27 PM
With no action from any protester a rider came very close to being  unseated by a fractious horse and knocked a policewoman down in the process.

Police woman rescued by colleagues as kings guards horse backs into rallings #kingscoronation - YouTube
Totally irrelevant. If anything makes my point more valid. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 06:12:34 PM
The police would have been briefed on who was in town, what they were known for and the powers they had. Getting a copper potentially thrown from a horse and paralysed is serious, plus they'd have been lynched by the crowd also.
With no action from any protester a rider came very close to being  unseated by a fractious horse and knocked a policewoman down in the process.

Police woman rescued by colleagues as kings guards horse backs into rallings #kingscoronation - YouTube

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 06:08:24 PM
That's your personal experience, doesn't count for anything as you tell everyone.
It doesn't however a generalised comment was made as if it used to be a common thing for everyone. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 07, 2023, 06:33:09 PM
So you are a fully paid up member of the rape should not be deterred party then?

This action by the Police was way beyond their allowed powers and just shows how some of them are not fit and should be dismissed pronto. 

Even someone with a mental age in single figures would know that possessing a rape alarm is not going equipped to either lock on or tunnel.  When the police go way beyond the law they legitimise people taking action against the police.  Do you really want to go there?

Reference law:

a) the base Act:  https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2023/15/enacted
b) the very recent legal instrument:  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-order-bill-overarching-documents/public-order-bill-factsheet

The police would have been briefed on who was in town, what they were known for and the powers they had. Getting a copper potentially thrown from a horse and paralysed is serious, plus they'd have been lynched by the crowd also. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 07, 2023, 05:32:37 PM
It might have been a regular occurrence where you lived, but even when I lived near the "bandit country" that was and is High Wycombe back in the 1960s,70s and early 80s,  I got stopped about three times, all in the early hours of the morning.
That's your personal experience, doesn't count for anything as you tell everyone. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 07, 2023, 04:26:01 PM
I am afraid arresting all the usual suspects because they might do something puts Britain in the same place as Russia.
What a load of crap, they were caught going equipped, it is a criminal offence, so stop talking bollocks. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 07, 2023, 12:46:44 PM
You've been drinking from Papasmurf's mug haven't you. Unwise

When your senses return you'll remember that:

• It was an ADVISORY referendum
  • It was illegally subverted by the ostensible winning side
  • There was no armed insurrection, obstruction of motorways, hacking of government systems etc etc just legitimate debate and protest IE well short of 'everything'
  • Overwhelmingly 'remainers' accept the result of the 2019 General Election as democratic authority to leave
No it wasn't advisory, Cameron said on countless occasions that the outcome would be honoured. Yet more obfuscating tactics from the remain side. Miller used every trick in the book to stop it, she failed and hasn't been seen since. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on May 08, 2023, 04:30:39 PM
All protests cause disruption.  If not disrupting traffic, then disrupting pedestrians, or the police.  Now the police will decide.
Quite, effectively protest is now banned and recently introduced law can mean 10 years Jail.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 07, 2023, 12:32:33 PM
on days where least disruption would be caused 

Least disruption is still disruption.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on May 07, 2023, 11:44:29 AM
People have a right to protest, but that doesn't mean they have a right to disrupt.

All protests cause disruption.  If not disrupting traffic, then disrupting pedestrians, or the police.  Now the police will decide.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.