Right To Protest Gradually Being Outlawed

Started by Scott777, May 04, 2023, 06:05:19 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 10:10:56 AM
Rounding up the "usual suspects," when they might, (in the police's opinion,) cause trouble, commit crime it just plain wrong. Yet another step towards Britain becoming a police state.
Anyone could now be arrested on a whim. (It could be you next.)
No it won't , I dont put myself in any situation where that might be an outcome 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 09, 2023, 10:06:37 AM
I give up Butt KickJust when you think plod have grown a pair they go and waste all the good work by giving the authority back to the protesters . There was a clip on the news last night with regard the slow moving oil protest

Officer '' can you please walk on the pavement sir so the cars can get past ''
Protester  ''no''
Officer '' ...................................................Chicken
Rounding up the "usual suspects," when they might, (in the police's opinion,) cause trouble, commit crime it just plain wrong. Yet another step towards Britain becoming a police state.
Anyone could now be arrested on a whim. (It could be you next.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 08, 2023, 11:34:19 PM
The police have apologised to the anti monarchy protesters they arrested

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65527007
I give up Butt KickJust when you think plod have grown a pair they go and waste all the good work by giving the authority back to the protesters . There was a clip on the news last night with regard the slow moving oil protest 

Officer '' can you please walk on the pavement sir so the cars can get past ''
Protester  ''no''
Officer '' ...................................................Chicken

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 08, 2023, 11:34:19 PM

It looks as if the police are going to be sued by some of those arrested.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 08, 2023, 01:18:14 PM
Investigations are ongoing , I'll keep my powder dry on whether an apology is in order.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 08:30:53 PM
I never mentioned them.
So fucking what?  All that means is you butted in on a line of discussion without a clue what it was about

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 08:44:46 PM
I do not have a "left wing lot." I hold all politicians in contempt with the Tories at the top of the pile.

Glad to hear it.  Not sure why Tories head the pile.  What's the difference between Sunak and Starmer?  They tell you different stories, but it all leads to the same goal.  They both have an authoritarian desire to restrict energy.  I expect rationing is on the way.  Both want your taxes to go to the arms industry, the tech and drug industry.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on May 08, 2023, 08:42:34 PM
We can agree on that.  Sadly, it's your left-wing lot which are being used to push the laws through.  Climate alarmists are useful idiots, helping the globalist agenda.
I do not have a "left wing lot." I hold all politicians in contempt with the Tories at the top of the pile.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 05:37:01 PM
Quite, effectively protest is now banned and recently introduced law can mean 10 years Jail.

We can agree on that.  Sadly, it's your left-wing lot which are being used to push the laws through.  Climate alarmists are useful idiots, helping the globalist agenda.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 08, 2023, 08:28:10 PM
You butted into a line of discussion all about that Night Squad, do pay attention

(ie your post 75 quotes 59 from 54 from 41 which was raising just that point)
I never mentioned them. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 08:16:32 PM
Where did I say the Night Squad arrests were justified? I never mentioned them, I spoke only about the ones who went equipped.
You butted into a line of discussion all about that Night Squad, do pay attention

(ie your post 75 quotes 59 from 54 from 41 which was raising just that point)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 08:16:32 PM
Where did I say the Night Squad arrests were justified? I never mentioned them, I spoke only about the ones who went equipped.
You never mentioned them, that is the point.  If the police continue to use "scatter gun" profiling a lot of innocent people are going to get arrested.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 06:02:20 PM
No it wasn't advisory, Cameron said on countless occasions that the outcome would be honoured. Yet more obfuscating tactics from the remain side. Miller used every trick in the book to stop it, she failed and hasn't been seen since.
Oh FFS you've been drinking out of that mug of his again.  It WAS only advisory, that's the law no matter what Tom, Dick or Harry or PM promises to obey the advice.

If it hadn't been advisory it would have been overturned for the illegality

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 08, 2023, 08:11:35 PM
Well clearly that's not true because they arrested Westminster Council's Night Squad that helps protect vulnerable women.  But of course when it's a police force with a side line in raping vulnerable women they would have wanted to use any excuse for that.

Feel free to point out just how those Night Squad arrests were legal?  You've been given the relevant law but strangely you can't find the relevant power and just seem to think the police should just do what the F@@@ they like no matter what the law.  That's actually the baddies' role.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 08, 2023, 06:20:00 PM
The British man who threw several eggs at King Charles III last year said police detained him again during Saturday's coronation ceremony "on suspicion of carrying eggs."
Thelwell told The Guardian he believed police had spotted him from an observation post near the coronation protesters.
"They saw me on their watchtower, and next minute I was in handcuffs and being searched on suspicion of having eggs, I suppose," he told The Guardian. "I didn't have anything in my pockets besides condoms and a lighter, so they had to let me go."
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/patrick-thelwell-eggs-king-charles-coronation_n_645679a2e4b0e58960e4dc9a

Wouldn't a semi firm patting down have solved the problem either way...?
And why do you think he had condoms? Not for their intended purpose.