Bring Back Boris?

Started by patman post, May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 20, 2023, 09:56:10 AM
"The Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) is the part of the European Union's (EU) security and defence policy (CSDP) in which 25 of the 27 national armed forces pursue structural integration"

"On 7 September 2017, an agreement was made between EU foreign affairs ministers to move forward with PESCO with 10 initial projects."

It is you that's the liar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Structured_Cooperation
Read your own link before you yet again throw your insults

'PESCO is similar to enhanced co-operation in other policy areas, in the sense that integration does not require that all EU member states participate.'

So no pan EU army just a further development of the protocols for 2 or more nation task groups that the nations have been able to have and have had for yonks.

Oh and after the article 50 so had it been some compulsory EU army we'd have bene able to veto it were it not for our voluntary disuse of the veto post Art 50

Do try harder next time

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 19, 2023, 08:12:58 PM
Oh and you're lying your sorry arse off over the EU Army.  For a start there isn't one over 7 years after your Leave buddies said there was one being created. 

"The Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) is the part of the European Union's (EU) security and defence policy (CSDP) in which 25 of the 27 national armed forces pursue structural integration"

"On 7 September 2017, an agreement was made between EU foreign affairs ministers to move forward with PESCO with 10 initial projects."

It is you that's the liar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_Structured_Cooperation
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 19, 2023, 05:31:19 PM
Oh I think it did.  Corbyn by being officially Remain snaffled just about the final Remain one on one interview TV spot before the vote.  He then repeatedly said how we should see immigration as a positive thing.  He knew what he was doing.
Here's a word for you: HYPOCRITE.  I know it's one of those funny words which no bugger can spell, but you may find it useful to describe yourself when meeting new people for the first time.  Just say: hello, I am Unlucky4sum, hypocrite.  😉
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 20, 2023, 12:17:53 AM
Says the poster who claimed that he didn't post reply 115  

As for your apparent claim that I'm some previous banned poster here you are wrong.  If you PM me I'll tell you exactly how I 'stumbled' across this forum.  But if you look in your InBox at my message to you on April 2nd at 11.28 pm you will see I told you exactly who I am.  Look in my profile you'll see the email address matches.

Maybe just accept you've made a series of aggressive posts in this thread making at best questionable assertions.  So I've challenged them.  It's called debate.

I didn't post reply #115, there is no claim about it. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 19, 2023, 09:16:55 PM
Can we actually see that posters are not who/what the claim to be?

I hope so because there are several I'd like to confirm my suspicions about...
Yes I can. I can see people with more than one account, where they are, what their IP is, who there ISP is and or their mobile provider. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 19, 2023, 09:07:07 PM
The only thing that has been proven is you are not who you say you are. You allegedly stumbled across this site which is absolute BS, how about you provide your previous handle then we can continue the conversation knowing your previous standpoint.
Says the poster who claimed that he didn't post reply 115   

As for your apparent claim that I'm some previous banned poster here you are wrong.  If you PM me I'll tell you exactly how I 'stumbled' across this forum.  But if you look in your InBox at my message to you on April 2nd at 11.28 pm you will see I told you exactly who I am.  Look in my profile you'll see the email address matches.

Maybe just accept you've made a series of aggressive posts in this thread making at best questionable assertions.  So I've challenged them.  It's called debate.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 19, 2023, 09:07:07 PM
The only thing that has been proven is you are not who you say you are. You allegedly stumbled across this site which is absolute BS, how about you provide your previous handle then we can continue the conversation knowing your previous standpoint.
Can we actually see that posters are not who/what the claim to be? 

I hope so because there are several I'd like to confirm my suspicions about...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 19, 2023, 08:12:58 PM
Nick so far we've proven you are numerically challenged, boast a lot about what you suppose people knew when they voted but can't remotely back it, think you can imagine anyone you like was part of the Remain campaign when they weren't and yet you have the fucking cheek to call me two faced.  Oh the irony.

Oh and you're lying your sorry arse off over the EU Army.  For a start there isn't one over 7 years after your Leave buddies said there was one being created.  But go on see if you can finally back up one of your boasts and show us where Remain said there never would be one.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 19, 2023, 07:53:36 PM
Oh, so Corbyn is officially remain but the Chancellor and Home Secretary are not? Your two facedness os off the scale, how as bout you admit there were lies on both sides but you lost: maybe because the truths about the EU were repugnant. Another lie was the fact that there would never be an EU army. 
Nick so far we've proven you are numerically challenged, boast a lot about what you suppose people knew when they voted but can't remotely back it, think you can imagine anyone you like was part of the Remain campaign when they weren't and yet you have the fucking cheek to call me two faced.  Oh the irony.

Oh and you're lying your sorry arse off over the EU Army.  For a start there isn't one over 7 years after your Leave buddies said there was one being created.  But go on see if you can finally back up one of your boasts and show us where Remain said there never would be one.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 19, 2023, 05:31:19 PM
Oh I think it did.  Corbyn by being officially Remain snaffled just about the final Remain one on one interview TV spot before the vote.  He then repeatedly said how we should see immigration as a positive thing.  He knew what he was doing.
Oh, so Corbyn is officially remain but the Chancellor and Home Secretary are not? Your two facedness is off the scale, how about you admit there were lies on both sides but you lost: maybe because the truths about the EU were repugnant. Another lie was the fact that there would never be an EU army. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on May 19, 2023, 03:00:36 PM
Personally, I don't think Corbyn's well known opposition to the EEC and EU affected anyone's views. Expecting him to support Remain after he voted Leave in 1975, and speaking and voting against the EU in 1993, was plain daft.

Tony Benn, a far greater intellect than Corbyn, was also anti EEC and EU. Interestingly, Hilary Benn campaigned to Leave the EEC in 1975, but was a Remainer in 2016...
Oh I think it did.  Corbyn by being officially Remain snaffled just about the final Remain one on one interview TV spot before the vote.  He then repeatedly said how we should see immigration as a positive thing.  He knew what he was doing.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 19, 2023, 01:48:10 PM
I am done with you, you failed to back your supposed points.  Someone please beam Scotty back up to the Starship Brexshitterprise

You mean I haven't backed up my point that you failed to explain why some remain campaigners should be excluded from the sphere of public influence?  No, I think what happened there is you failed to 'back up' your reason to exclude them.  I fully expect you to run away now, having no explanation.

patman post

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 19, 2023, 01:43:37 PM
Overconfidence was certainly a problem, taking a paper picture of a butter knife to a gunfight was another.  Add in the 5th columnist deceit of Corbyn, Cameron's weak negotiation and preference for Tory party unity over attacking Boris and they were in trouble.  Stopping campaigning with a week to go because they respected the rules while Leave just carried on using illegal money and it's surprising they only lost 48:52.
Personally, I don't think Corbyn's well known opposition to the EEC and EU affected anyone's views. Expecting him to support Remain after he voted Leave in 1975, and speaking and voting against the EU in 1993, was plain daft.

Tony Benn, a far greater intellect than Corbyn, was also anti EEC and EU. Interestingly, Hilary Benn campaigned to Leave the EEC in 1975, but was a Remainer in 2016...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 19, 2023, 08:16:37 AM
Yes, yes, George did not fit into your selected category of campaigners, and therefore, no one could possibly have listened to his scaremongering.  You have persuaded me using the great powers of your mind.  Also, banging your head against a brick wall can never hurt at all, because no one has officially set up a legal framework called "The Hurty Head Wall Banging Category", which means walls cannot possibly cause any sensations or injuries to the human body.  Give it a try, you won't feel a thing.  😉
I am done with you, you failed to back your supposed points.  Someone please beam Scotty back up to the Starship Brexshitterprise

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on May 19, 2023, 12:18:44 PM
The Remain Campaign in the 2016 referendum was led by Britain Stronger in Europe, a cross-party lobbying group that was declared as the official "Remain" campaign for the referendum by the Electoral Commission in April 2016.

The problem for the Remain Campaign was overconfidence.

Not one of the 16 or so general pro EU Remain and special interest groups, saw the necessity to combine their efforts into a coordinated campaign.

And in a few ways their confidence appears to have been justified — current opinion polls show it's probable that a proportion of Leave voters simply voted against the government of the day, not the actual proposition...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/
Overconfidence was certainly a problem, taking a paper picture of a butter knife to a gunfight was another.  Add in the 5th columnist deceit of Corbyn, Cameron's weak negotiation and preference for Tory party unity over attacking Boris and they were in trouble.  Stopping campaigning with a week to go because they respected the rules while Leave just carried on using illegal money and it's surprising they only lost 48:52.