Bring Back Boris?

Started by patman post, May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on May 14, 2023, 08:45:02 AM
But Brexit hasn't screwed the economy, it is Covid and Putin that that has done that.

Article here.

https://pol-tics.com/brexit/5/like-i-keep-saying/6613/new#new

I don't give a F@@@.

I don't recall a time when the media was not squealing that the economy was not going arse over tea kettle down the hill into the poor house. By that sort of reckoning we are now heading back to the 21 Century BC when we not only lived in caves, but that the roof leaked.

And none of it is worth jackshit because Brexit is about being British and Remain is about giving Brussels a blowjob.

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 14, 2023, 08:43:27 AM
The fact remains that there are not numerous polls on this forum showing leave voters are embarrassed that they voted leave. It's another of Smurfs made up lies, one that he will cling onto and never show evidence of.
Well deal with this then https://www.whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/in-highsight-do-you-think-britain-was-right-or-wrong-to-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

W
ith that last poll last week saying 62% now think we were wrong to leave and only 38% still agreeing with you it does show a lot of Leave voters have decided they were conned by the likes of you and your heroes.  You must be so proud at this.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 13, 2023, 09:38:46 PM
None of the Brexiters I know trusted the government to run a pie cart in Battersea High Street. We expected it to screw up the economy because that is what they have been doing since
Prasutagus sold Norfollk out to the Romans.

Brexit was not about money but sovereignty.

The remainers however, were only interested in how much which makes one wonder how they maintain their amateur status.
But Brexit hasn't screwed the economy, it is Covid and Putin that that has done that.

Article here. 

https://pol-tics.com/brexit/5/like-i-keep-saying/6613/new#new
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on May 14, 2023, 08:16:27 AM
Why would a government that wants to be in the EU, give you a genuine unbiased poll?
The fact remains that there are not numerous polls on this forum showing leave voters are embarrassed that they voted leave. It's another of Smurfs made up lies, one that he will cling onto and never show evidence of. 

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 13, 2023, 06:33:56 PM
Nick they has been so many polls on the subject posted on the forum.  You have ignored everyone of them.

Which Leave voters have turned against Brexit? | YouGov

Why would a government that wants to be in the EU, give you a genuine unbiased poll?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 13, 2023, 08:23:02 AM
I know several commercial fishermen who voted Brexit and are incandescently angry about being shafted by Brexit.

You mean, shafted by Boris and Sunak.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 12, 2023, 10:25:28 PM
Except I clearly don't.  Many that voted leave are now deeply ashamed of doing so, most Brexiters want to make the best/least worst out of the deal we have with the EU and then there's the swivel eyed loons that still delude themselves that completely cutting ourselves off from the EU will be just fine.

And yet you do lump everyone together by talking about "promises".  Normal voters did not make promises, nor have the power to deliver anything.  You naively assume politicians represent them.  Irrespective of deals or "cutting ourselves off", the EU is about centralisation of power, and control.  Here is a founding father of the EU project, Walter Hallstein.  He was a Nazi.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 13, 2023, 08:15:05 PM
That would be the same You Gov company that entusiastically called a 55-45 margin for remain a week before the referendum and even on the night held on to a 52-48 right up until they were proven wrong .
yes it's amazing what last minute swings a week of illegal campaigning can produce while Remain stopped because they alone respected the spending rules

Borchester

Except I clearly don't.  Many that voted leave are now deeply ashamed of doing so, most Brexiters want to make the best/least worst out of the deal we have with the EU and then there's the swivel eyed loons that still delude themselves that completely cutting ourselves off from the EU will be just fine.

None of the Brexiters I know trusted the government to run a pie cart in Battersea High Street. We expected it to screw up the economy because that is what they have been doing since
Prasutagus, Norfollk out to the Romans.Brexit was not about money but sovereignty.

The remainers however, were only interested in how much which makes one wonder how they maintain their amateur status.

Prasutagus sold Norfollk out to the Romans.

Brexit was not about money but sovereignty.

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Nick they has been so many polls on the subject posted on the forum.  You have ignored everyone of them.

That would be the same You Gov company that entusiastically called a 55-45 margin for remain a week before the referendum and even on the night held on to a 52-48 right up until they were proven wrong .

Nick

Please quote a previous post showing a poll on the subject. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 13, 2023, 05:11:46 PM
What a stupid observation. So what you're saying is because I work away I know the mood of 17.5 million people less than U4S who is in the U.K., utter shit.  Show me a poll that says (MANY) people are ashamed that they voted leave. The fact that you didn't add one to your last post tells me there isn't one.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 13, 2023, 04:39:48 PM
Nick, it is somewhat more than that. But as you are out of the country more than in it, how would you know.
What a stupid observation. So what you're saying is because I work away I know the mood of 17.5 million people less than U4S who is in the U.K., utter shit.  Show me a poll that says (MANY) people are ashamed that they voted leave. The fact that you didn't add one to your last post tells me there isn't one. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 13, 2023, 04:01:26 PM
That is totally made up based on chats down the pub, you need to post stats that many people are ashamed of their vote.
Nick, it is somewhat more than that. But as you are out of the country more than in it, how would you know.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

That is totally made up based on chats down the pub, you need to post stats that many people are ashamed of their vote. As for cutting our self off, we've gone from being in a cartel of 430 million people to reconnecting to the world, circa 7 billion people. And when we join the CPTPP we will be in a TRADE agreement with a block bigger than the EU.