Bring Back Boris?

Started by patman post, May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 13, 2023, 12:49:48 PM
And you cant blame them for being so . It is an improving picture though with increasing quotas in years to come (apparently) but like most of the 'deal' the remainer tories have agreed on our behalf it falls well short of what was expected
It is no good have an increased quota you can sell, and or involves costly regulation making it not profitable.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 13, 2023, 08:23:02 AM
I know several commercial fishermen who voted Brexit and are incandescently angry about being shafted by Brexit.
And you cant blame them for being so . It is an improving picture though with increasing quotas in years to come (apparently) but like most of the 'deal' the remainer tories have agreed on our behalf it falls well short of what was expected 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 12, 2023, 10:25:28 PM
Except I clearly don't.  Many that voted leave are now deeply ashamed of doing so, 
I know several commercial fishermen who voted Brexit and are incandescently angry about being shafted by Brexit.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 12, 2023, 03:04:56 PM
The mistake you make is to put every Brexiter into one single lump of stuff.  Just because Boris and Sunak do not want Brexit to work, does not mean it was a bad idea.  It reminds me of a child who wants a toy, but a jealous brother smashes the toy and hands it over, and says haha that's what you wanted.
Except I clearly don't.   Many that voted leave are now deeply ashamed of doing so, most Brexiters want to make the best/least worst out of the deal we have with the EU and then there's the swivel eyed loons that still delude themselves that completely cutting ourselves off from the EU will be just fine. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 12, 2023, 04:20:18 PM
Nick before the end of this year a large tranche of regulations on imports and exports to the EU which Boris signed up to, and the government has been kicking down the road will be implemented several years late. This will add substantially to costs.
It isn't a prediction it is fact.

2022-06-15_Border_Operating_Model__1_.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)
I don't have the time nor inclination to read all that, seeing as you've already done so, please post the relevant bits.

Especially these 'years late regulations'. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 12, 2023, 03:43:46 PM
Of which you have NO proof.
What is going to happen then Smurf? Put you predictions in the prediction thread if you're that confident.
Nick before the end of this year a large tranche of regulations on imports and exports to the EU which Boris signed up to, and the government has been kicking down the road will be implemented several years late. This will add substantially to costs.
It isn't a prediction it is fact.

2022-06-15_Border_Operating_Model__1_.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 12, 2023, 07:20:52 AM
Later this year the bad effects of Brexit are going to get a lot worse.
Of which you have NO proof.
What is going to happen then Smurf? Put you predictions in the prediction thread if you're that confident.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 12, 2023, 09:13:34 AM
Tell us when you've honoured that promise of UK firms trading freely with the EU and you'll have a point.  Until then your position is more hysterical than historical.

The mistake you make is to put every Brexiter into one single lump of stuff.  Just because Boris and Sunak do not want Brexit to work, does not mean it was a bad idea.  It reminds me of a child who wants a toy, but a jealous brother smashes the toy and hands it over, and says haha that's what you wanted.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2023, 10:17:04 PM
Brexit is now just about to turn up, and truck driving is in the up. Historical figures coming from hauliers now.
Tell us when you've honoured that promise of UK firms trading freely with the EU and you'll have a point.  Until then your position is more hysterical than historical.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2023, 10:17:04 PM
Brexit is now just about to turn up,
Later this year the bad effects of Brexit are going to get a lot worse.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 11, 2023, 06:10:23 PM
No they've lost the Red Wall because the voters there realised what a con Brexit and wider Borisism was.  You'll catch up too one day
Brexit is now just about to turn up, and truck driving is in the up. Historical figures coming from hauliers now. 

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 11, 2023, 06:10:23 PM
No they've lost the Red Wall because the voters there realised what a con Brexit and wider Borisism was.

No, they realised Boris doesn't want to deliver the things that Brexit was for, i.e. reducing immigration, and being independent of the EU.  And many others realised Boris is a globalist tyrant who thinks it's ok to break the Nuremberg Code by coercing people into experimental injections.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on May 11, 2023, 01:38:30 PM
And?

Seriously?  You asked for "Evidence for Labour wanting open borders."  Defending free movement is defending open borders.  Are you in denial?  The only difference with Tories is the Tories won't admit it, which means it's a slower process as they flounder about pretending to stop immigrants.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2023, 04:22:15 PM
AND, why do you think they lost the Red Wall? Because they refused to back Brexit: that makes them a Remain party and therefore endorse what Scott said.
No they've lost the Red Wall because the voters there realised what a con Brexit and wider Borisism was.  You'll catch up too one day

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2023, 04:22:15 PM
AND, why do you think they lost the Red Wall? Because they refused to back Brexit: that makes them a Remain party and therefore endorse what Scott said.
They lost the red wall because Boris lied. (They won't get fooled again.)