Bring Back Boris?

Started by patman post, May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Boris Johnson and his Brexit escapade are the reason the Tory Party and the country are in such a mess. He saw an opportunity to align himself with Nigel Farage's torrent of misinformation about the EU, a move that got Johnson into Number 10. Not surprisingly it's all gone pear-shaped since then, made worse by Johnson's hypocritical behaviour over covid restrictions and his misjudgement in employing Dominic Cummings.

Johnson also showed himself to be a totally incompetent leader, the only thing he got right was the roll-out of the covid vaccinations. That was a major success overall, but the only success.
A faction of the Tory Party might want him back but he won't win them the next election or even improve their chances.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 06, 2023, 12:34:02 PM

Boris is yesterday's charlatan, you need to get yourself a new one.
Plenty of choice for that in the Tory Party.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on May 06, 2023, 12:25:27 PM
No one is perfect, but he pisses off the anti British remainer filth, and that will do for most of us.
Your problem is that 'us' of Borisistas you refer to is a declining niche minority

Boris is yesterday's charlatan, you need to get yourself a new one. 

Borchester

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 06, 2023, 12:19:52 PM
Right first of all I've corrected the link I used to one actually updated recently https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Boris_Johnson

2019 is about as relevant to the next general election as the state of my sock drawer.  Since 2019 Boris has been shown up for what he is:

A kleptocrat,
A serial iiar
A serial rule breaker,
A fool that didn't even understand his own 'oven ready' deal and of course
An enabler of sexual abuse

That such does matter to the niche minority of the public that are Borisistas doesn't matter.  You can't win an election with only fringe support

No one is perfect, but he pisses off the anti British remainer filth, and that will do for most of us.

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 06, 2023, 12:02:02 PM
Here's your poll. 2019 GE result.

Right first of all I've corrected the link I used to one actually updated recently https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Boris_Johnson

2019 is about as relevant to the next general election as the state of my sock drawer.  Since 2019 Boris has been shown up for what he is:

A kleptocrat, 
A serial iiar
A serial rule breaker,
A fool that didn't even understand his own 'oven ready' deal and of course
An enabler of sexual abuse

That such does matter to the niche minority of the public that are Borisistas doesn't matter.  You can't win an election with only fringe support

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 06, 2023, 11:55:29 AM
Feel free to post a poll that shows he has any support outside the core Tory party voters.

This from just this week says you can't: Johnson trustworthiness poll
Here's your poll. 2019 GE result. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 05, 2023, 07:35:30 PM
Boris is the only hope the stories have ATM. As much as you don't like it, the populous do.
Feel free to post a poll that shows he has any support outside the core Tory party voters.

This from just this week says you can't: Johnson trustworthiness poll

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Boris_Johnson

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on May 05, 2023, 07:35:30 PM
Boris is the only hope the stories have ATM. As much as you don't like it, the populous do.
Your right Nick . The problem with the Tory party is the problem with the tory party . Its as long as I can remember been two parties , the half sensible centre right and the social democrats who depending on the mood is which way they lean .
At least Boris gives them direction but as I have alluded he is not the man for those who want to run the show 

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on May 05, 2023, 12:45:37 PM
He's an interesting figure.

Before joining UKIP, he was a Conservative activist who came to prominence as Chairman of the Bow Group. He stood for Parliament as a Conservative at the 1997 election in Glasgow Rutherglen and in 2001in Warwick and Leamington. Campbell Bannerman joined UKIP in 2004,[5] and was elected in 2009. In 2011, he defected back to the Conservative Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Campbell_Bannerman
He was always a tory . Its why he never got elected as leader of UKIP ,the looney tunes , fruit cakes and closet racists saw through him like a sheet of glass . He was a plant by the establishment , an infriltraitor in our midst 

As for bring back Johnson the globalists wont allow it , it took them too long to get their man in 

patman post

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 05, 2023, 12:38:24 PM
So Mr Bannerman doesn't think Boris being exposed as an enabler of sexual abuse was anything to do with it.  Just what I'd expect from someone who only went to the Tories because UKIP kept rejecting him as leader.
He's an interesting figure. 

Before joining UKIP, he was a Conservative activist who came to prominence as Chairman of the Bow Group. He stood for Parliament as a Conservative at the 1997 election in Glasgow Rutherglen and in 2001in Warwick and Leamington. Campbell Bannerman joined UKIP in 2004,[5] and was elected in 2009. In 2011, he defected back to the Conservative Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Campbell_Bannerman

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM
The Bring Back Boris campaign began life in October 2022 with a petition in October 2022...
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/local-election-results-rishi-sunak-blame-losses-boris-johnson-tory-2319306?ITO=msn
...is gathering pace as news of Conservative losing one seat in three they're defending come to light after the local elections.

David Campbell Bannerman, who once served as a Tunbridge Wells councillor and has been flitting around Conservative and further Rught politics since, was interviewed on Times Radio and claimed Rishi Sunak's bringing down of Boris Johnson was the cause of the Tories current problems with the electorate...
So Mr Bannerman doesn't think Boris being exposed as an enabler of sexual abuse was anything to do with it.  Just what I'd expect from someone who only went to the Tories because UKIP kept rejecting him as leader.

patman post

The Bring Back Boris campaign began life in October 2022 with a petition in October 2022...
https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/local-election-results-rishi-sunak-blame-losses-boris-johnson-tory-2319306?ITO=msn
...is gathering pace as news of Conservative losing one seat in three they're defending come to light after the local elections.

David Campbell Bannerman, who once served as a Tunbridge Wells councillor and has been flitting around Conservative and further Rught politics since, was interviewed on Times Radio and claimed Rishi Sunak's bringing down of Boris Johnson was the cause of the Tories current problems with the electorate...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...