Bring Back Boris?

Started by patman post, May 05, 2023, 12:24:03 PM

« previous - next »

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 18, 2023, 09:05:15 AM
More personal attacks and false one to boot, seems you're trying to deflect from the core point here.

Can you find one dishonest statement by the recognised Remain campaign yes or no?  Because you've been given loads of seriously false statements by the recognised Leave campaign.

What is the "recognised Remain campaign"?  There was this bloke called Dave, recognised by many as the PM, and he campaigned to remain.  You continue to be dishonest by deflecting from certain campaigners, to only some of the campaigning that you "recognise".  Do you not recognise who Dave was?  Was he just a bloke in a pub?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 18, 2023, 12:27:26 PM
Really? I did a post a week or so ago outlining that the freight industry is at an all time high, which means the movement of goods is at a high.
But you neglected to mention profits are down, or non existent because of delays, extra costs and non-tariff barriers.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 18, 2023, 11:37:02 AM
What long term benefits? (None are evident yet.)
Really? I did a post a week or so ago outlining that the freight industry is at an all time high, which means the movement of goods is at a high. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 18, 2023, 11:10:34 AM
How many times, I NEVER MENTIONED THE PUBLIC BEING TOLD ANYTHING OF THE KIND. I said leavers on here said they would be happy to take the short term hit, for the long term benefits.
What long term benefits? (None are evident yet.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 18, 2023, 09:11:38 AM
Nick second reminder: can you or can you not back your boast that the public were told pre vote that the years after Brexit would be problematic?
How many times, I NEVER MENTIONED THE PUBLIC BEING TOLD ANYTHING OF THE KIND. I said leavers on here said they would be happy to take the short term hit, for the long term benefits. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 18, 2023, 09:05:15 AM
More personal attacks and false one to boot, seems you're trying to deflect from the core point here.

Can you find one dishonest statement by the recognised Remain campaign yes or no?  Because you've been given loads of seriously false statements by the recognised Leave campaign.
How many do you want?

"A vote to leave would represent an immediate and profound shock to our economy. That shock would push our economy into a recession" – George Osborne, May 2016

"So my judgement, as home secretary, is that remaining a member of the European Union means we will be more secure from crime and terrorism." – Theresa May, April 2016

Unlucky4Sum

Nick second reminder: can you or can you not back your boast that the public were told pre vote that the years after Brexit would be problematic?

And have some more evidence of those problems as our relative Wealth of Nations rating plummets https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/business-economics/wealth-of-nations-index-shows-exceptional-drop-for-britain-348454/ 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 18, 2023, 06:08:05 AM
As I said a scenario lapped up and hyped up by remainiacs .
That was backed by analyses and precedent you cannot actually refute.  In fact all you've got is juvenile 'remainiac' jibes.

Maybe you should try intelligent debate instead of following the path of the Brexshitters 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 18, 2023, 07:17:18 AM
No, you didn't properly read what I said.  I didn't say there was no official remain campaign.  There were many campaigns by many groups and individuals.  I provided Cameron being dishonest.  He campaigned to remain.  You still haven't explained why you criticise leave campaigners, while ignoring the deceits of remain campaigners.  Do you admit, you can't justify it, and you are a dishonest hypocrite?
More personal attacks and false one to boot, seems you're trying to deflect from the core point here.

Can you find one dishonest statement by the recognised Remain campaign yes or no?   Because you've been given loads of seriously false statements by the recognised Leave campaign.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 17, 2023, 09:28:30 PM
The one being dishonest was you supposing there was no official remain campaign.  Seems an apology for posting that crap as supposed fact is way beyond you.

And you are still abysmally failing to back your assertion that remain campaigned dishonestly and in sad denial that your beloved leave campaign told lie after lie after lie.

Lets face it, if Leave had gone ballot stuffing you'd still say it was justified.     

No, you didn't properly read what I said.  I didn't say there was no official remain campaign.  There were many campaigns by many groups and individuals.  I provided Cameron being dishonest.  He campaigned to remain.  You still haven't explained why you criticise leave campaigners, while ignoring the deceits of remain campaigners.  Do you admit, you can't justify it, and you are a dishonest hypocrite?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 17, 2023, 08:00:18 PM
BS

The UK needs food imports, only the Dover and other ferry links provide it at an acceptable rate/cost.  With no deal the flow would have ground to a halt and no the EU nations weren't going to do a Berlin style airlift for us.  Interest rates would have gone through the roof and major exporting employer after major exporting employer would have announced redundancies because they were leaving the UK. 

Civil unrest would have followed with probably a fair few of the more gobby leavers being lynched. 

This is why Boris realised on or around Dec 20th 2019 that he had to blink and sign that deal.

As I said a scenario lapped up and hyped up by remainiacs . 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on May 17, 2023, 09:18:53 PM
I see, so you want to split hairs between the so called "official" campaign and campaigning in general, for some reason.  Maybe you missed the point.  You were criticising the leave campaign, because you think it influenced people to make the wrong decision, resulting in Brexit.  I'm criticising the campaigning which influenced people to vote to remain.  It doesn't matter whether it was official or not.  The PM was in an influential position, and he campaigned (in his own words) to remain.  So not only are you splitting hairs, but trying to change the subject, and creating a strawman by referring to "the man down the off licence."  I don't think the PM is a man down an off licence.  Stop making a dishonest argument.
The one being dishonest was you supposing there was no official remain campaign.  Seems an apology for posting that crap as supposed fact is way beyond you.

And you are still abysmally failing to back your assertion that remain campaigned dishonestly and in sad denial that your beloved leave campaign told lie after lie after lie.

Lets face it, if Leave had gone ballot stuffing you'd still say it was justified.       

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 17, 2023, 07:51:06 PM
If there was a Nobel Prize for bollocks that post of yours would win it.

Those people that actually applied intelligence to read about the history of Brexit know that there was an official remain campaign.  that Britain Stronger in Europe was named by the Electoral Commission as the official lead campaign

The man down the off licence you may have heard talking about remaining doesn't count

Here have a look at the various official campaigns materials on Brexit  https://digital.library.lse.ac.uk/collections/brexit/2016 and see if you can find what you allege Remain said.

I see, so you want to split hairs between the so called "official" campaign and campaigning in general, for some reason.  Maybe you missed the point.  You were criticising the leave campaign, because you think it influenced people to make the wrong decision, resulting in Brexit.  I'm criticising the campaigning which influenced people to vote to remain.  It doesn't matter whether it was official or not.  The PM was in an influential position, and he campaigned (in his own words) to remain.  So not only are you splitting hairs, but trying to change the subject, and creating a strawman by referring to "the man down the off licence."  I don't think the PM is a man down an off licence.  Stop making a dishonest argument.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2023, 04:26:16 PM
I never mentioned any recognised leader, but seen as you've said it I'll find you one.
How's it going?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 17, 2023, 02:49:33 PM
That old chestnut ?  Planted by the EU when WTO was suggested ,lapped up  and hyped up by the remainer establishment as a disarster scenario .
The EU were crapping themselves that we might just call their bluff and walk away ,no article 50 , no £40 billion ransom payment , no EU courts ,no EU laws .  What do you think they were going to say , thats a good idea see you later ? 
BS

The UK needs food imports, only the Dover and other ferry links provide it at an acceptable rate/cost.  With no deal the flow would have ground to a halt and no the EU nations weren't going to do a Berlin style airlift for us.  Interest rates would have gone through the roof and major exporting employer after major exporting employer would have announced redundancies because they were leaving the UK.  

Civil unrest would have followed with probably a fair few of the more gobby leavers being lynched.  

This is why Boris realised on or around Dec 20th 2019 that he had to blink and sign that deal.