Turned away for not having the correct ID - but back to the polling station in minutes

Started by SKY News, May 06, 2023, 07:02:12 AM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on May 07, 2023, 08:33:37 AM
There is no doubt a significant number of councils did not put the legally required voter ID information on polling cards.
And yet you still cannot name one.  Are you canvassing on behalf of the 'Make Cornish Residents Look Stupid' party because you're doing a great job for them.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 06, 2023, 10:29:12 PM
I had six in my house st one point, are you suggesting as the blue shrimp did that people get sent different polling cards?
There is no doubt a significant number of councils did not put the legally required voter ID information on polling cards.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 06, 2023, 06:49:44 PM
So why would a website talking about 2023 elections use previous year's image?

I can't find a polling card showing the instruction to have Photo ID...
I had six in my house st one point, are you suggesting as the blue shrimp did that people get sent different polling cards?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

You've been given the legally required template that shows it

As for why that council left a 2021 image on their notice that wasn't a polling card maybe you can ask them but it's clearly an image of an October 2021 illustrative card

Streetwalker

Maybe thats because your in London and we haven't had an election since the rule about ID came in 

patman post

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 06, 2023, 03:20:03 PM
That's because that's a pic of an October 2021 polling card not a May 2023 one
So why would a website talking about 2023 elections use previous year's image?

I can't find a polling card showing the instruction to have Photo ID...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 06, 2023, 02:57:23 PM
Quite despite many councils not being aware it is law to state voter ID is required on polling cards. (There a row brewing about it.) The Tories still got their backsides kicked.
Yet more rubbish that you can't prove. How would a council not know the electoral rules. It's been news for months, you really need to keep up. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on May 06, 2023, 03:12:34 PM
I can't find anything official that says that. Horsham District Council website shows what a polling card looks like but, although the website says:

All residents voting in person at the May 2023 elections will be required to show an acceptable form of ID to be able to vote. This does not affect postal voting,

the poll card has no such info...

https://www.horsham.gov.uk/council-democracy-and-elections/elections/find-your-polling-station
https://www.horsham.gov.uk/council-democracy-and-elections/elections/upcoming-elections
That's because that's a pic of an October 2021 polling card not a May 2023 one

patman post

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 06, 2023, 12:10:04 PM
Quite, for those of us that also look at other forums we know his idiot comment was disproved with evidence but being wrong doesn't seem to deter Smurf.

Feel free smurf to provide evidence of any May 23 poll card that didn't have the Voter ID needed warning of it. 
I can't find anything official that says that. Horsham District Council website shows what a polling card looks like but, although the website says:

All residents voting in person at the May 2023 elections will be required to show an acceptable form of ID to be able to vote. This does not affect postal voting,

the poll card has no such info...

https://www.horsham.gov.uk/council-democracy-and-elections/elections/find-your-polling-station
https://www.horsham.gov.uk/council-democracy-and-elections/elections/upcoming-elections
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on May 06, 2023, 02:57:23 PM
Quite despite many councils not being aware it is law to state voter ID is required on polling cards. (There a row brewing about it.) The Tories still got their backsides kicked.
Well going on then show us where this 'row about it' is supposedly brewing.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 06, 2023, 02:48:38 PM
It failed spectacularly if the. requirement for photo ID was meant to stop anti Tory votes...
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 06, 2023, 12:23:56 PM
Nick it was NOT written on the card in all cases THAT is the problem. ( Naf all information from the electoral registration officer when I renewed my wife and I's registration.) I have been following the saga of the lack of direct dissemination of the need for all on the electoral register to have ID when it was first suggested. Several million people have been disenfranchised because of the lack of directly informing people. The people effected and young people and/or disabled people.
It is a national scandal.
It failed spectacularly if the. requirement for photo ID was meant to stop anti Tory votes...

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 06, 2023, 01:30:17 PM
Smurf is just a sad liar

These are the poll card templates required by law to have been used in these elections

Like you say, if they're that thick to not adhere to the rules, do we really want their input?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 06, 2023, 12:23:56 PM
Nick it was NOT written on the card in all cases THAT is the problem. ( Naf all information from the electoral registration officer when I renewed my wife and I's registration.) I have been following the saga of the lack of direct dissemination of the need for all on the electoral register to have ID when it was first suggested. Several million people have been disenfranchised because of the lack of directly informing people. The people effected and young people and/or disabled people.
It is a national scandal.
Utter bollocks as usual. All polling cards are the same.