Turned away for not having the correct ID - but back to the polling station in minutes

Started by SKY News, May 06, 2023, 07:02:12 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 10, 2023, 04:52:49 PM
You're the one with Rose tinted specs, mine are blue.
The only colour on my spectacles is to protect my eyes from UV light.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 09:46:50 PM
Your problem Nick is you need to take your rose tinted Tory spectacles off.
You're the one with Rose tinted specs, mine are blue. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2023, 09:22:34 PM
I think you need a new vocabulary, same old bollox time after time.
Your problem Nick is you need to take your rose tinted Tory spectacles off.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 07:15:44 PM
I think you need a disability awareness course as matter of urgency.
I think you need a new vocabulary, same old bollox time after time. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 09, 2023, 06:39:20 PM
Think you need a sense of humour transplant.
I think you need a disability awareness course as matter of urgency.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 10:31:33 AM
That is NOT disability awareness. I would also point out a blue badge can only legally be used if the disabled person is with the vehicle.  (They not necessarily the driver. Misuse is rife.)
Think you need a sense of humour transplant. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 10:31:33 AM
That is NOT disability awareness. I would also point out a blue badge can only legally be used if the disabled person is with the vehicle.  (They not necessarily the driver. Misuse is rife.)
Disability has gone mad, Greg Davis was told he qualified as disabled cause he is 6' 8". Think am going to identify as disabled and get a blue badge. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 06:16:18 AM
Nick, young and disabled people the worst effected but they are not the only groups. Plus frankly you really need to go on a disability awareness course, (as do all Tory MPs.)
Young people are thick and don't read things properly, what excuse have disabled people got?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 09, 2023, 10:27:06 AM
Im well aware of the disabled ,I can't get in the golf club car park for blue badges some days

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 09:57:47 AM
You need a disability awareness course as well. (Seriously.)
Im well aware of the disabled ,I can't get in the golf club car park for blue badges some days 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 09, 2023, 09:55:25 AM
Disabled people have the option of postal vote or vote by proxy . Its not hard , those that find problems voting in person should use those methods . Those that don't use those options amd then complain about not being able to vote are playing the 'Im a victim' card and should be flogged for wasting everyones time .
You need a disability awareness course as well. (Seriously.) 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 09, 2023, 06:16:18 AM
Nick, young and disabled people the worst effected but they are not the only groups. Plus frankly you really need to go on a disability awareness course, (as do all Tory MPs.)
Disabled people have the option of postal vote or vote by proxy . Its not hard , those that find problems voting in person should use those methods . Those that don't use those options amd then complain about not being able to vote are playing the 'Im a victim' card and should be flogged for wasting everyones time .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 09:47:05 PM
Ah, so now councils are deliberately print polling cards without the correct information just for disabled and young people. I'd be inclined to think that disabled people have such a tough time that they triple check everything before leaving the house.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 06, 2023, 12:59:49 PM
And now proof that yet again the Smurf was posting complete made up BS because facts don't suit his agenda but he likes telling lies

Behold I give you the The Voter Identification (Principal Area, Parish and Greater London Authority Elections) (Amendment) Rules 2022

Page 72 to 74 make it clear that by law all polling cards have to contain a detail warning about Voter Identification

Having read the first few pages, what the hell is all that about anonymous voter id ?? Isn't that an oxymoron
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 10:10:43 AM
The information is still being collated, the problem is being obscured by the wall to wall coronation bullshine.
I have had a number of emails from organisations doing the collating. Disabled people and young people are the worst effected.
How many councils did not comply with the legal requirement has not yet been collated.
Ah, so now councils are deliberately print polling cards without the correct information just for disabled and young people. I'd be inclined to think that disabled people have such a tough time that they triple check everything before leaving the house.