BBC criticises all white royal balconey

Started by Borchester, May 07, 2023, 02:22:11 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2023, 04:45:15 PM
That is utter nonsense: it went from a crowd of people, including heads of states of 25% of countries on Earth to a FAMILY gathering, I'm sure you'd have really appreciated it if they'd dragged a black Person in off the street to placate the woke sisters.
They tried that but it didn't go too well

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 11, 2023, 12:02:20 PM
Maybe the contrast between those attending the coronation in the Abbey and the personnel on the balcony was marked enough to cause a commentator to remark on it...
That is utter nonsense: it went from a crowd of people, including heads of states of 25% of countries on Earth to a FAMILY gathering, I'm sure you'd have really appreciated it if they'd dragged a black Person in off the street to placate the woke sisters. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 11, 2023, 01:36:36 PM
It wasnt noticed by anyone else , nobody else thought what she did bar maybe Diane Abbott  . It was a stupid comment to make and I dare say one she regrets . 
Hardly a hanging offence though and I beleive she has appologised so thats that .

By the way its now reported that it was in fact on ITV not the BBC  , not that it makes much difference .
To be honest, even though I never heard the comment** — and as stupid as the comment appears — I couldn't be sure that "nobody else thought what she did bar maybe Diane Abbott".

** I was commenting on the info in the thread. Our TV was tuned to BBC, and we weren't in front of it throughout the day...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on May 11, 2023, 12:02:20 PM
Maybe the contrast between those attending the coronation in the Abbey and the personnel on the balcony was marked enough to cause a commentator to remark on it...
It wasnt noticed by anyone else , nobody else thought what she did bar maybe Diane Abbott  . It was a stupid comment to make and I dare say one she regrets .  
Hardly a hanging offence though and I beleive she has appologised so thats that .

By the way its now reported that it was in fact on ITV not the BBC  , not that it makes much difference .

patman post

Quote from: HDQQ on May 11, 2023, 11:47:00 AM
Which non-white people might have been expected to appear on the balcony anyway? The only royal who could be very loosely described as 'non-white' wasn't there as a result of a family rift.

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

Which non-white people might have been expected to appear on the balcony anyway? The only royal who could be very loosely described as 'non-white' wasn't there as a result of a family rift.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 03:16:36 PM
I am merely commenting on what appears to be, repeat appears to be a predominance on the BBC of ethnic minority presenters and reporters on the BBC and without hesitation of bothering to check you come back with abuse. (What Cornwall has to do with it I don't know.)
I suggest you watch BBC current affairs/news and other programing to check for your self.
I agree Papa . You can look at the ofcom report and make of it what you will ,it does have some anomolies like taking the UK 'workforce' as a guide to their percentage stats rather than the population as a whole . Prime time TV will show higher pecentage of ethnic actors and presenters than the average .

The thing is nobody really gives a flying , what annoys is that they continuously portray society through their own liberal left multicultral diverse blinkered views 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 08, 2023, 06:34:29 PM
Who presents Cornish news, look-a likes for Poldark, Whitcliffe, or the real Thandie Newton?  On reflection though, Ms Newton might not be so pro kernow s thosvpprin there now...
I am commenting about BBC national News and other programs shown nationally.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 08, 2023, 06:33:42 PM
Selina Scott got that treatment quicker than anyone.
But didn't her wrinkles break through earlier? Stewart had the advantage of a complexion that mostly handles the years better...

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 03:16:36 PM
I am merely commenting on what appears to be, repeat appears to be a predominance on the BBC of ethnic minority presenters and reporters on the BBC and without hesitation of bothering to check you come back with abuse. (What Cornwall has to do with it I don't know.)
I suggest you watch BBC current affairs/news and other programing to check for your self.
Who presents Cornish news, look-a likes for Poldark, Whitcliffe, or the real Thandie Newton?  On reflection though, Ms Newton might not be so pro kernow s thosvpprin there now...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 08, 2023, 03:15:24 PM
It's certainly a change from there just being Trevor McDonald, followed later by Moira Stewart — though the usual sexism still applied, he carried on getting older and greyer whereas she suffered the usual ageism against women and was booted off...
Selina Scott got that treatment quicker than anyone.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 11:13:48 AM
I was watching BBC1 live from about 08.00 hours in the morning of the coronation. About the only white person interviewed was Elton John.
And it was only a few weeks ago you were asking for suggestions of stuff to watch to get away from it. 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 07, 2023, 11:12:40 PM
Never mind — at least they've managed to keep most of the BBC board White and male, though women are nudging 50%...
Did you think someone should be given a gig based on their skin colour? Let's put an unknown boxer in with Manny Pacquiao because their racial profile just happens to deem they are not represented. In fact, whilst we're at it, let's get him to identify as a woman and put her in the ring with a biological woman. It's all going to blow up very soon and put ethnic minorities back a long way.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 08, 2023, 03:02:49 PM
Or in short you are suffering from delusions (because what you think 'seems' to be the case isn't the data supported reality)

How's that Cornwall Flat Earth Society thing going for you?
I am merely commenting on what appears to be, repeat appears to be a predominance on the BBC of ethnic minority presenters and reporters on the BBC and without hesitation of bothering to check you come back with abuse. (What Cornwall has to do with it I don't know.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 08, 2023, 02:43:39 PM
There seems to be a predominance of visibly ethnic minorities when it come to presenters and reporters.
It's certainly a change from there just being Trevor McDonald, followed later by Moira Stewart — though the usual sexism still applied, he carried on getting older and greyer whereas she suffered the usual ageism against women and was booted off...