50 year old rust bucket barge being converted to house illegal immigrants.

Started by papasmurf, May 10, 2023, 10:09:34 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 12:31:06 PM
Not really got anything to do with leaving the EU Posty apart from the French no longer feeling abliged to stop them leaving the beach . More to do with the incompetence of the government and its belief that we should be following ancient international law written before the problems of the 21st C .

None of the major players who made the promises are any longer in cabinet positions , they have been hounded out by those who don't give a toss about immigration or for that matter Brexit .
I disagree with most of that. Brexit was achieved by the number of votes won by the promises to cut immigration. And as we're out of the EU, and we've now got control of our own borders, what does it have to do with the French? As a sovereign realm, can't the UK adhere to or break international agreements and conventions as it chooses?

Which cabinet members don't care about Brexit or immigration? From the PM down, they all seem committed to both. Each trade MoU is lauded like it was the greatest thing ever, and the deportation plans are talked up whenever possible...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2023, 08:17:49 PM
I suspect that you were anti everything at age 11 and probably training to be a total nut even before then. However, even if  the British coast was lined battleships tied bow to stern, the immigrants would still get through. They always have and they always will because Britain is rich and they are poor and there you are
Borchester yet again personal abuse of me, another one for the file.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2023, 07:25:47 PM
I have been anti-immigration since I was age 11,(1959) but that is not because I am anti-immigrants, I am anti-Britain being over populated well beyond a long term sustainable level.

I suspect that you were anti everything at age 11 and probably training to be a total nut even before then. However, even if  the British coast was lined battleships tied bow to stern, the immigrants would still get through. They always have and they always will because Britain is rich and they are poor and there you are
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 06:59:33 PM
I don't think anyone bar the extreme right are anti immigration . 
I have been anti-immigration since I was age 11,(1959) but that is not because I am anti-immigrants, I am anti-Britain being over populated well beyond a long term sustainable level.

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 18, 2023, 06:03:30 PM
I don't doubt it. 

Decades of blaming foreigners for every problem in the UK, even self inflicted ones has had an effect.

Just have a scan at some of the language being used.

Look at the language used in the late 30's about Jewish immigration.

Then maybe have a ponder about what your (I don't just mean you JoG, I mean posters here in general) position might have been in the 30's?

Would you be with the daily Mail ranting about people "pouring into the country" calling it an "outrage"?

Or would you be with Sir Nicholas Winton?

Be honest.
I don't think anyone bar the extreme right are anti immigration . What more and more people not only in the UK but across Europe are though are fed up to the back teeth of allowing more and more people into their countries when  houseing ,health services education ,transportation ,energy and water are in short supply for the people that are already here . 

It doesnt compare to the late 30's when there was room at the inn .

Borchester

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 18, 2023, 06:03:30 PM
I don't doubt it. 

Decades of blaming foreigners for every problem in the UK, even self inflicted ones has had an effect.

Then maybe have a ponder about what your (I don't just mean you JoG, I mean posters here in general) position might have been in the 30's?

Would you be with the daily Mail ranting about people "pouring into the country" calling it an "outrage"?

Be honest.

Let us not forget the 1900s when the Tsar's thugs were busy driving the Jews out of the Russian Empire. And when they arrived in the UK they were greeted with newspaper articles describing how they were loaded with gold which they intended to use to buy their way into the white slave trade
Algerie Francais !

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2023, 03:52:59 PM
You should Go to portland and listen to some there

you could start with the ratio of GPs to Population, the wait for an appointment, and the degree to which the home office spin doctors were stunned by the open hostility and hatred the locals expressed not towards the immigrants, but to those spin doctors for dumping 500 bored illegal wannabe colonisers in their rather isolated population centre.
I don't doubt it.  

Be honest.

papasmurf

You could not make this up breaking news, more at link:-

Cruise ships set to house asylum seekers in Liverpool and Edinburgh sent back to owners after finding nowhere to dock | Politics News | Sky News

Tuesday 18 July 2023 16:57, UK
Two giant cruise ships set to house 1,000 asylum seekers were unable to find anywhere to dock and have been returned to their owners, a senior source has told Sky News.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2023, 04:28:05 PM

I am afraid that you will have to build the new houses SW, or be hired as an instructor at one of the new Trade schools necessary to train all the new immigrants. It will be tough spending all that extra money, but you will just have to do your best :)
What "new" trade schools? Thatcher privatised them back in the 1980s and most of them disappeared within a few years.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2023, 03:51:57 PM
Not sure on that ,As papa says it costs time and money to train people up , the government will eventually just let these folk loose to blend in wherever they can . Dont know where they are going to live though .

I am afraid that you will have to build the new houses SW, or be hired as an instructor at one of the new Trade schools necessary to train all the new immigrants. It will be tough spending all that extra money, but you will just have to do your best :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2023, 03:56:13 PM
A question i saw elsewhere.

Have you personally seen the list of so called shortage skills for which immigrants will be allowed in to work for £8/10th of the current going rate ?
No seen, but it has been on various news bulletins today.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2023, 03:52:59 PM

Or Scampton or The Stradey Park Hotel in Llanelli, or Wethersfield Airfield in Essex, to name but a few of the many protests about housing illegal immigrants.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2023, 02:05:44 PM
The skills needed cost £thousands in training to get certification. "Soon pick up skills" is frankly nonsense, there are more that enough cowboy hat, and cowboy boot wearing British "tradespeople," as it is.
A question i saw elsewhere.

Have you personally seen the list of so called shortage skills for which immigrants will be allowed in to work for £8/10th of the current going rate ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 18, 2023, 07:50:10 AM
F@@@ me, some of the comments on here.

you could start with the ratio of GPs to Population, the wait for an appointment, and the degree to which the home office spin doctors were stunned by the open hostility and hatred the locals expressed not towards the immigrants, but to those spin doctors for dumping 500 bored illegal wannabe colonisers in their rather isolated population centre. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on July 18, 2023, 01:13:52 PM
Unskilled folk who risk their lives crossing open seas in leaky boats will soon pick up whatever skills are fashionable.
Not sure on that ,As papa says it costs time and money to train people up , the government will eventually just let these folk loose to blend in wherever they can . Dont know where they are going to live though .