50 year old rust bucket barge being converted to house illegal immigrants.

Started by papasmurf, May 10, 2023, 10:09:34 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 20, 2023, 11:03:34 AM

Dunno and nor do you.

The point is that the referendum asked if we wanted to leave or remain in the EU, nothing else.
But taking back control of our border was much repeated propaganda, and getting immigration down to 10000 a year.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2023, 10:55:14 AM
If that's the case why was so much time and trouble spent by Brexiteers on convincing the electorate that Leaving the EU would give back the UK control of its beaches, prevent 75 million Turks invading, and once again raise the UK to being a world power?

Your political awareness appears to have sunk to the level of your allotment's turnips, along with that of Therese Coffey...

Dunno and nor do you.

The point is that the referendum asked if we wanted to leave or remain in the EU, nothing else.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2023, 03:41:55 PM
Oh yet more balls.

The referendum asked  if we wanted to leave the EU or remain, nothing else.

I imagine that you want to leave the UK and become a tour guide at Versailles because you have secret dreams that the French police are even more racist than the British and you enjoy being a victim, but that is only a guess
If that's the case why was so much time and trouble spent by Brexiteers on convincing the electorate that Leaving the EU would give back the UK control of its beaches, prevent 75 million Turks invading, and once again raise the UK to being a world power?

Your political awareness appears to have sunk to the level of your allotment's turnips, along with that of Therese Coffey...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 19, 2023, 06:36:02 PM
Pat, you have no idea why people voted leave, to put a definitive reason on it is pure guesswork.
If opinion polls and surveys don't give useful results, there's a lot of money wasted by brighter people that either you or me. 

As a user and commissioner of polling among distinct groups, and basing auctions on their findings, I'm a believer in guidance before making decisions rather than either wet finger in the air, or fingers in the ears and singing tra-la-la...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 19, 2023, 09:21:27 PM
You have no clue what I'm talking about have you?
It is you who don't seem to have a clue, you need to remove your rose tinted Brexit spectacles.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 19, 2023, 08:37:44 PM
It needs repeating as once is not enough for you.
You have no clue what I'm talking about have you?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 19, 2023, 08:26:15 PM
Are you completely senile? This has been answered 3 times in this thread 🙄
It needs repeating as once is not enough for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 19, 2023, 07:53:19 PM
That Brexit would stop immigration got the vote of a significant number of people:- "We will take back control of our borders." What a gigantic porky that has turned out to be with 600000 legal immigrants let in, in the last year.

Net Migration Figures - Hansard - UK Parliament

The Minister for Immigration
(Robert Jenrick)

Net migration to the United Kingdom is far too high. That was already clear from the previous set of official data. The Office for National Statistics has today amended its previous published estimate of net migration for the year ending June 2022 to 606,000.

Are you completely senile? This has been answered 3 times in this thread 🙄 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on July 19, 2023, 06:36:02 PM
Pat, you have no idea why people voted leave, to put a definitive reason on it is pure guesswork.
That Brexit would stop immigration got the vote of a significant number of people:- "We will take back control of our borders." What a gigantic porky that has turned out to be with 600000 legal immigrants let in, in the last year.

Net Migration Figures - Hansard - UK Parliament

The Minister for Immigration 
(Robert Jenrick)

Net migration to the United Kingdom is far too high. That was already clear from the previous set of official data. The Office for National Statistics has today amended its previous published estimate of net migration for the year ending June 2022 to 606,000. 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 19, 2023, 11:41:08 AM
I disagree with most of that. Brexit was achieved by the number of votes won by the promises to cut immigration. And as we're out of the EU, and we've now got control of our own borders, what does it have to do with the French? As a sovereign realm, can't the UK adhere to or break international agreements and conventions as it chooses?

Which cabinet members don't care about Brexit or immigration? From the PM down, they all seem committed to both. Each trade MoU is lauded like it was the greatest thing ever, and the deportation plans are talked up whenever possible...

johnofgwent

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 18, 2023, 06:03:30 PM
I don't doubt it. 

Decades of blaming foreigners for every problem in the UK, even self inflicted ones has had an effect.

Just have a scan at some of the language being used.

Look at the language used in the late 30's about Jewish immigration.

Then maybe have a ponder about what your (I don't just mean you JoG, I mean posters here in general) position might have been in the 30's?

Would you be with the daily Mail ranting about people "pouring into the country" calling it an "outrage"?

Or would you be with Sir Nicholas Winton?

Be honest.
Fg
I've said what i think already

Grandad built bits and pieces of tge replacement for Chain Low and additional bits that went in the Hurricanes and later the Spitfires

i think he should have fucked off to Rhodesia with the rest of the family and left Britain to it.

Because nobody died fighting hitler to let this country become the shithole it is now.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

I disagree with most of that. Brexit was achieved by the number of votes won by the promises to cut immigration. 
Cutting immigration to managable levels was a  vote winner for sure , thats not the same as stopping it though .
 And as we're out of the EU, and we've now got control of our own borders, what does it have to do with the French? As a sovereign realm, can't the UK adhere to or break international agreements and conventions as it chooses?
It can ,unfortunately  the government doesn't have the will to do it
Which cabinet members don't care about Brexit or immigration? From the PM down, they all seem committed to both. Each trade MoU is lauded like it was the greatest thing ever, and the deportation plans are talked up whenever possible...
''Talked up'' being the key , thats all they do , talk about it . The PM is a puppet of the globalists ,installed by them and directed by them ,the only thing he is committed to is their agenda . 

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 19, 2023, 03:23:28 PM
Returned with vigour.

The number voting Leave because of their concerns over immigration outnumbered the Remain vote by more than the difference between Leave and Remain...

https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/39149/bsa34_brexit_final.pdf
Oh yet more balls.

The referendum asked  if we wanted to leave the EU or remain, nothing else.

I imagine that you want to leave the UK and become a tour guide at Versailles because you have secret dreams that the French police are even more racist than the British and you enjoy being a victim, but that is only a guess

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2023, 03:08:31 PM
Balls.

Brexit was won because the Brexiters wanted British laws made in Britain and a lot of remainers like being victims and enjoy being pushed around by Brussels.
Returned with vigour.

The number voting Leave because of their concerns over immigration outnumbered the Remain vote by more than the difference between Leave and Remain...

https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/39149/bsa34_brexit_final.pdf

Borchester

I disagree with most of that. Brexit was achieved by the number of votes won by the promises to cut immigration. And as we're out of the EU, and we've now got control of our own borders, what does it have to do with the French? As a sovereign realm, can't the UK adhere to or break international agreements and conventions as it chooses?

Balls.

Brexit was won because the Brexiters wanted British laws made in Britain and a lot of remainers like being victims and enjoy being pushed around by Brussels.
Algerie Francais !