50 year old rust bucket barge being converted to house illegal immigrants.

Started by papasmurf, May 10, 2023, 10:09:34 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 11, 2023, 03:01:02 PM
11https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-66476538

Asylum seekers moved off barge they were forced onto.

I reckon, it would have been cheaper to put all the asylum seekers up in center parcs than let this lot manage the system

Malevolence tempered only by incompetence
Legionella found on board, you could not make it up.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-66476538

Asylum seekers moved off barge they were forced onto.

I reckon, it would have been cheaper to put all the asylum seekers up in center parcs than let this lot manage the system

Malevolence tempered only by incompetence

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on August 08, 2023, 04:00:19 PM
In this instance the lawyers, there are also plenty of instances of politicians being crooks.
Whilst some lawyers are crooks (and politicians!). Not all lawyers are crooks.

Bear in mind it's not the lawyers who are preventing people being put on the barge (or deportation flights). 

It's not the lawyers who are granting asylum applications.

It's the courts and the home office.

The lawyers are just arguing their client's cases. If the home office is acting within the law, there is nothing the lawyers can do.

It just so happens the home office tends to break the law alot.

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 08, 2023, 03:54:26 PM
Not sure what this means

The lawyers are crooks or the politicians are crooks! 😁
In this instance the lawyers, there are also plenty of instances of politicians being crooks.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on August 08, 2023, 03:26:53 PM
Is frankly rubbish, they are crooks plain and simple. Precisely zero to do with politics.
Not sure what this means

The lawyers are crooks or the politicians are crooks! 😁

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 08, 2023, 03:21:47 PM
 "Lefty lawyers" 
Is frankly rubbish, they are crooks plain and simple. Precisely zero to do with politics.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 08, 2023, 12:42:20 PM
Its often said that asylum claims should be made before the good folk of the Middle East and Africa arrive on our shores but what people forget is that most of them are economic migrants who would fail with a request for asylum while overseas . By arriving in the UK illegally they seem to  improve their chances of staying here by some distance with very few deported  or held  in detention centres .
And if they failed the claim mailed abroad, then they could be deported immediately upon arrival without the UK breaking it's asylum commitments.  

Those with a successful claim, would have documents to come to the UK. At that point they could hop on a ferry (form £40) or a cheap flight, rather than paying £££ to people smugglers for a leaky boat ride.

The Tories are responsible for the shambles by continuously prioritising populist "illegal immigrants" rhetoric over actual solutions.  And they have no incentive to do anything becuase it's a vote winner for them.  The more half baked schemes they put up that fail, the more energised their base. "Lefty lawyers" etc is all.campaign fuel for them.

They are playing their voter base like a fiddle. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on August 08, 2023, 08:32:50 AM
It's almost as if it would be cheaper to have a well resourced system that could speedily hear claims and fairly decide them.

Better yet, if these claims could be made before the applicant gets to the UK, we wouldn't need to bother with all this pantomime.

Still it gives the government a great campaigning tool.  Step 1. Create a mess
Step 2. Get masses angry at the mess
Step 3. Tellasses only you can fix the mess
Step 4. Get voted in, do what you really want.
Step 5. Don't fix the mess so you can go to Step 1
Its often said that asylum claims should be made before the good folk of the Middle East and Africa arrive on our shores but what people forget is that most of them are economic migrants who would fail with a request for asylum while overseas . By arriving in the UK illegally they seem to  improve their chances of staying here by some distance with very few deported  or held  in detention centres .

BeElBeeBub

It's almost as if it would be cheaper to have a well resourced system that could speedily hear claims and fairly decide them.

Better yet, if these claims could be made before the applicant gets to the UK, we wouldn't need to bother with all this pantomime.

Still it gives the government a great campaigning tool.  Step 1. Create a mess
Step 2. Get masses angry at the mess
Step 3. Tellasses only you can fix the mess
Step 4. Get voted in, do what you really want.
Step 5. Don't fix the mess so you can go to Step 1

Streetwalker

So getting back on track of the 55 or so that were supposed to board the boat yesterday only 12 made it . The others supported by the human lawyers refused the offer of a berth on the boat for various reasons including some with 'the fear of water '

We can only hope that fear in others in the future manifests itself while they are on the beach in France 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on July 20, 2023, 07:39:39 AM
It is you who don't seem to have a clue, you need to remove your rose tinted Brexit spectacles.
It's like debating with a 4 year old, and like I said you don't even know what's been said, so I'll explain again. 
Of your 600K immigrants, 400K were either from HK or Syrian. So no, it wasn't just lax border controls, it was a one off show of compassion. I await your next childish retort. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 20, 2023, 10:55:14 AM
If that's the case why was so much time and trouble spent by Brexiteers on convincing the electorate that Leaving the EU would give back the UK control of its beaches, prevent 75 million Turks invading, and once again raise the UK to being a world power?
If the electotate were convinced of that it should have been a 99% vote for leave . That it was 52% would suggest not as much time was spent on such matters as you recall 
Quote from: BeElBeeBub on July 20, 2023, 12:47:51 PM
Thus, brexit is done. We have left the EU.

We could rejoin the SM/CU and brexit wouid still be done as the referendum only asked if we wanted to leave or remain.

Any Leaver moaning that this isn't the brexit they voted for shoukdnshut up as the referendum asked if we wanted to leave or remain in the EU, nothing else

Give it a rest Bellbud  ,it was well documented that leaving the EU meant leaving the SM and the CU . The leaflet posted to every household in the land by Remain said so 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 20, 2023, 01:25:55 PM
I never listened to the propaganda, which was mostly hysteria broadcast by  Pappy's from his home planet Zog. 
Borchester just SHUT THE F@@@ UP, cease and desist abusing and attacking me. You are effing mad to make that comment.

You are nasty. Unacceptably so.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on July 20, 2023, 11:19:07 AM
But taking back control of our border was much repeated propaganda, and getting immigration down to 10000 a year.

I never listened to the propaganda, which was mostly hysteria broadcast by  Pappy's from his home planet Zog. The entire debate seemed to be between various looney tunes brought on by various media outlets to fill in a few minutes of air time or an inch or two of newspaper space.

I, and most of the folk I know, voted to reclaim the UK's sovereignty. As I have said before, the UK is rich and people from poorer nations will always find a way to slip past border restrictions. I did believe a lot of the economic forecasts,accepted that famine would stalk the streets of the UK and was pleasantly surprised to discover that has been restricted to Cornwall.

So, at the risk of repeating myself ad nauseam, as long as our laws are made by the dimwits at Westminster rather than those of Brussels, I am easy

Algerie Francais !

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borchester on July 20, 2023, 11:03:34 AM

Dunno and nor do you.

The point is that the referendum asked if we wanted to leave or remain in the EU, nothing else.

Thus, brexit is done. We have left the EU.

We could rejoin the SM/CU and brexit wouid still be done as the referendum only asked if we wanted to leave or remain.

Any Leaver moaning that this isn't the brexit they voted for shoukdnshut up as the referendum asked if we wanted to leave or remain in the EU, nothing else