Nigel Farage: Brexit has failed

Started by patman post, May 16, 2023, 12:15:32 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 17, 2023, 06:18:36 AM
I wasn't even thinking of people on unemployment benefit but more people like myself who have sort of retired early . Apparently there are thousands of us who have just decided that lifes too short to be at the coal face 5/6 days a week  when you dont have to be
Most of the retired people I know would give the government's request to go back to work a two fingered salute and a sex and travel message.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 16, 2023, 09:50:57 PM
You make the same mistake as other make.  You think the people on unemployment benefit are where the vacancies are.  They are all capable both physically and mentally to carry out unfilled vacancies. Neither is the case.
I wasn't even thinking of people on unemployment benefit but more people like myself who have sort of retired early . Apparently there are thousands of us who have just decided that lifes too short to be at the coal face 5/6 days a week  when you dont have to be 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2023, 10:09:43 PM
Strange how 100's of thousands of them came out of the woodwork and got jobs when UC came in! So you synopsis is way off, the majority are just bone idle, and people like you just make excuses for them cause that's the world you've always lived in. 6 people in my household and they all work, cause they all have self respect and a good work ethic, unlike your scrounging cronies.
What an appalling piece of Alf Garnet like stereotyping 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 16, 2023, 09:50:57 PM
You make the same mistake as other make.  You think the people on unemployment benefit are where the vacancies are.  They are all capable both physically and mentally to carry out unfilled vacancies. Neither is the case.
Strange how 100's of thousands of them came out of the woodwork and got jobs when UC came in! So you synopsis is way off, the majority are just bone idle, and people like you just make excuses for them cause that's the world you've always lived in. 6 people in my household and they all work, cause they all have self respect and a good work ethic, unlike your scrounging cronies. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 16, 2023, 06:34:59 PM
So you think the current states of the economy, health services and strikes have nothing to do with employee and produce shortages and trade difficulties caused by Brexit?

Voters may not be directly linking the effects with a major cause, but it's still impacting people's pockets and Farage popping up every now and again with helpful hints is unlikely to aid Tory seat retention come the next election...
OMG Pat, how many individual posts have I done that show strikes across the EU, it has nothing to do with Brexit. Do I really need to show you proof again? Go and look at my how many things post, it's all in there. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 16, 2023, 07:53:59 PM
 As for shortages there are enough people sitting on their backsides at home ready to be tempted back into the workforce if the money is good enough

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on May 16, 2023, 06:34:59 PM
So you think the current states of the economy, health services and strikes have nothing to do with employee and produce shortages and trade difficulties caused by Brexit?
More to do with employers not adjusting to the new labour market , they have to learn that paying people minimum wage isnt good enough . As for shortages there are enough people sitting on their backsides at home ready to be tempted back into the workforce if the money is good enough 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 16, 2023, 06:23:57 PM
Fair enough but I thought this thread was about Brexit failing ?  What you are describing is the Tories failing .

Voters may not be directly linking the effects with a major cause, but it's still impacting people's pockets and Farage popping up every now and again with helpful hints is unlikely to aid Tory seat retention come the next election...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 16, 2023, 06:23:57 PM
Fair enough but I thought this thread was about Brexit failing ?  What you are describing is the Tories failing .
They are both linked.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on May 16, 2023, 05:56:19 PM
"Not blaming each other — just the usual Tory infighting" — really?

In May 2023, 60 percent of British people thought that the economy was one of the top three issues facing the country, compared with 42 percent who thought that health was one of the top three issues. The ongoing Cost of Living Crisis afflicting the UK, driven by rampant inflation is clearly one of the main concerns of Britons going into 2023. Health is also a major issue for people in the UK. The share of people seeing health as a top three issue in January 2023 was the highest it has been since the Omicron wave of COVID-19 the previous winter. Staffing problems, along with increased demand for services have plunged the NHS into a deep crisis, possibly the worst since its creation in the 1940s. Due to these ongoing problems, it is likely that the economy and health will remain the main issues for Britons throughout early 2023.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/886366/issues-facing-britain/

MPs and ministers are fearing the same fate as over 1,000 Tory councillors, and they still cannot agree a strategy to combat growing voter animosity to a government that keeps announcing initiatives to tackle things that are not the everyday major concerns of normal people. 

Voters are worried about the economy, health and strikes...

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 16, 2023, 04:37:21 PM
They are not blaming each other posty , Farage is as he has since day one said he doesn't trust them to and blamed the Tories for not delivering on the biggest mandate from the public any UK government has ever had .

The usual tory infighting though is to be expected .A few fringe meetings this week with some I hear  preparing letters to Sunak , lets hope they get enough  .
"Not blaming each other — just the usual Tory infighting" — really?

In May 2023, 60 percent of British people thought that the economy was one of the top three issues facing the country, compared with 42 percent who thought that health was one of the top three issues. The ongoing Cost of Living Crisis afflicting the UK, driven by rampant inflation is clearly one of the main concerns of Britons going into 2023. Health is also a major issue for people in the UK. The share of people seeing health as a top three issue in January 2023 was the highest it has been since the Omicron wave of COVID-19 the previous winter. Staffing problems, along with increased demand for services have plunged the NHS into a deep crisis, possibly the worst since its creation in the 1940s. Due to these ongoing problems, it is likely that the economy and health will remain the main issues for Britons throughout early 2023.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/886366/issues-facing-britain/

MPs and ministers are fearing the same fate as over 1,000 Tory councillors, and they still cannot agree a strategy to combat growing voter animosity to a government that keeps announcing initiatives to tackle things that are not the everyday major concerns of normal people. 

Voters are worried about the economy, health and strikes...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Nigel Farage: 'I don't feel sorry for Theresa May. I need to respect my leaders.' - YouTube

Farage says he 'could not trust Boris' after his Brexit flip-flop - YouTube

They are not blaming each other posty , Farage is as he has since day one said he doesn't trust them to and blamed the Tories for not delivering on the biggest mandate from the public any UK government has ever had .

The usual tory infighting though is to be expected .A few fringe meetings this week with some I hear  preparing letters to Sunak , lets hope they get enough  .

patman post

Nigel Farage says Brexit has "failed" economically as the UK's exit has been "mismanaged".
The former Ukip leader said Britain has not taken advantage of the economic benefits leaving the EU offers...
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1770807/nigel-farage-brexit-uk-economy

So now those who led the UK into probably its biggest act of self harm are now beginning to blame each other for what's happening...