Nigel Farage: Brexit has failed

Started by patman post, May 16, 2023, 12:15:32 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 21, 2023, 08:02:35 PM
The UK population in 1975 was 56m. In 2016 it was 66m. Doesn't seem that much of a swing...
No but Ducky is trying to play games with percentages, that is the point. 

And as I've pointed out many times, the difference between leave and remain in 2016 is more than gave the SNP 52 seats in parliament, if we want to talk about margins. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 20, 2023, 07:36:46 AM
In 1975 17,378,581 voted to remain in the EEC. In 2016 17,410,742 voted to leave the EU so stop playing pathetic games with percentages. More voted leave in 2016 than voted to remain in 1975.
The UK population in 1975 was 56m. In 2016 it was 66m. Doesn't seem that much of a swing...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on June 19, 2023, 10:37:37 PM
The 2016 referendum was hardly the 'biggest mandate'. 51.89% voted 'leave' and 48.11% voted 'remain'. In 1975 there was a similar referendum on our membership of what was then the EEC, or 'Common Market' Only 32.77% voted to leave then, with 67.23% voting to remain.

Farage is the arch-demon, the initial cause of Brexit. The phases were:
1) Anti EU agitation by UKIP, and Farage in particular, together with Tory Eurosceptics led by Bill Cash.
2) David Cameron, scared of UKIP, which had no seats at Westminster, called a referendum on our EU membership
3) All the leave campaigners spread misinformation about the EU and ridiculed the remainers.
4) The referendum campaign unfortunately coincided with a brief but large influx of refugees into the EU from the east.
5) Boris Johnson, for his own political ends, changed from supporting remain to supporting leave at a crucial moment.
6) The referendum result was very close.
7) The Brexit Process harmed our country.
8} Being outside the EU is continuing to harm our country.

As a result of the refugee influx of 2016, the EU strengthened its external border controls. Ironically, those strengthened controls now affect us.

Nobody can now say, honestly, that leaving the EU has benefited the UK in any way whatsoever. And low the prime minister who played such a big part in Brexit is a disgraced liar, an ex-MP who's banned from the Houses of Parliament.
In 1975 17,378,581 voted to remain in the EEC. In 2016 17,410,742 voted to leave the EU so stop playing pathetic games with percentages. More voted leave in 2016 than voted to remain in 1975. 

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 16, 2023, 04:37:21 PM
Farage is as he has since day one said he doesn't trust them to and blamed the Tories for not delivering on the biggest mandate from the public any UK government has ever had .

The 2016 referendum was hardly the 'biggest mandate'. 51.89% voted 'leave' and 48.11% voted 'remain'. In 1975 there was a similar referendum on our membership of what was then the EEC, or 'Common Market' Only 32.77% voted to leave then, with 67.23% voting to remain.

Farage is the arch-demon, the initial cause of Brexit. The phases were:
1) Anti EU agitation by UKIP, and Farage in particular, together with Tory Eurosceptics led by Bill Cash.
2) David Cameron, scared of UKIP, which had no seats at Westminster, called a referendum on our EU membership
3) All the leave campaigners spread misinformation about the EU and ridiculed the remainers.
4) The referendum campaign unfortunately coincided with a brief but large influx of refugees into the EU from the east.
5) Boris Johnson, for his own political ends, changed from supporting remain to supporting leave at a crucial moment.
6) The referendum result was very close.
7) The Brexit Process harmed our country.
8} Being outside the EU is continuing to harm our country.

As a result of the refugee influx of 2016, the EU strengthened its external border controls. Ironically, those strengthened controls now affect us.

Nobody can now say, honestly, that leaving the EU has benefited the UK in any way whatsoever. And low the prime minister who played such a big part in Brexit is a disgraced liar, an ex-MP who's banned from the Houses of Parliament. 
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

papasmurf

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 17, 2023, 10:53:18 AM
I'll be retired and living at my Villa in Goa by then, won't affect me in the slightest.
It will effect your state pension.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 17, 2023, 10:45:21 AM
As the Brexit vote showed, voter perceptions need have little to do with reality.

When the election comes, the electorate will vote (or not vote) according to how it feels. At the moment, the electorate feels battered by what's happened over the most recent years of Tory rule — and, like they dumped Churchill in '45, many are likely to desert the Tories at the next general election...
Labour will undoubtedly get in, I'm quite looking forward to it. They'll get a term to show the electorate what they can do, and they will fail miserably.
I'll be retired and living at my Villa in Goa by then, won't affect me in the slightest.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 16, 2023, 11:15:58 PM
What an appalling piece of Alf Garnet like stereotyping
No, I live in the real world, If you don't recognise this to be true, clearly you don't.

UC rolled out between 2013-2018.

SHOCKER!!

patman post

Quote from: Nick on May 16, 2023, 10:03:30 PM
OMG Pat, how many individual posts have I done that show strikes across the EU, it has nothing to do with Brexit. Do I really need to show you proof again? Go and look at my how many things post, it's all in there.
As the Brexit vote showed, voter perceptions need have little to do with reality.

When the election comes, the electorate will vote (or not vote) according to how it feels. At the moment, the electorate feels battered by what's happened over the most recent years of Tory rule — and, like they dumped Churchill in '45, many are likely to desert the Tories at the next general election...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on May 17, 2023, 08:16:46 AM
Most of the retired people I know would give the government's request to go back to work a two fingered salute and a sex and travel message.
I certainly would, might have worked for few more years at the time but once I retired that was it.  Worked and saved hard for nearly 40 years so I could.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 17, 2023, 08:37:38 AM
As mentioned previous we move in different circles . Regardless of Government requests most people do some work if only to fill the days they are not on the golf course . The cash comes in handy to pay the window cleaner and it stops the old woman barking orders,something about  about digging up dead bushes.

Anyway Ive got a door to paint :)
The majority of retirees I know carry out some kind of voluntary unpaid work.  (When it comes to the village where I live it would not function without the "waiting for God," volunteers.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 17, 2023, 08:16:46 AM
Most of the retired people I know would give the government's request to go back to work a two fingered salute and a sex and travel message.
As mentioned previous we move in different circles . Regardless of Government requests most people do some work if only to fill the days they are not on the golf course . The cash comes in handy to pay the window cleaner and it stops the old woman barking orders,something about  about digging up dead bushes.

Anyway Ive got a door to paint :)