The scooter has just been repaired

Started by Borchester, May 22, 2023, 01:51:21 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on May 22, 2023, 02:17:44 PM
Quite. As far as I am concerned most questions can be answered with yes, no and how much for cash. :)
If I can't help ,I usually know someone who can.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on May 22, 2023, 01:54:15 PM
Where I live runs on social favours, barter, and volunteers.

Quite. As far as I am concerned most questions can be answered with yes, no and how much for cash. :)

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on May 22, 2023, 01:51:21 PM
The bloke collected it on Friday, fixed it, dropped it off this afternoon and charged me £70 accordingly, which is a sight quicker and cheaper than I expected.

On Saturday I was dropped off at the allotment and a neighbouring plot holder asked if I knew of anyone who would cut her grass for a reasonable rate and I said yes  and no. All my mates are thieving bastards who would take the pennies off their dead mother's eyes, but that she was welcome to use my lawnmower, which she did and gave me the resultant grass clippings. I used the latter to fill 5 tubs in which I have planted 10 Desiree tubers. Not exactly the fields of Albany I admit, but considering that the whole business was done with me sitting in a garden chair well, dogs bollocks, I am content.

Plus advantageous deals with the council and mortgage company are in the pipeline and one way and another things are pretty good.

How about you guys ?
Where I live runs on social favours, barter, and volunteers.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

The bloke collected it on Friday, fixed it, dropped it off this afternoon and charged me £70 accordingly, which is a sight quicker and cheaper than I expected.

On Saturday I was dropped off at the allotment and a neighbouring plot holder asked if I knew of anyone who would cut her grass for a reasonable rate and I said yes  and no. All my mates are thieving bastards who would take the pennies off their dead mother's eyes, but that she was welcome to use my lawnmower, which she did and gave me the resultant grass clippings. I used the latter to fill 5 tubs in which I have planted 10 Desiree tubers. Not exactly the fields of Albany I admit, but considering that the whole business was done with me sitting in a garden chair well, dogs bollocks, I am content.

Plus advantageous deals with the council and mortgage company are in the pipeline and one way and another things are pretty good.

How about you guys ?
Algerie Francais !