The disgusting state of British public bogs (toilets.)

Started by papasmurf, May 22, 2023, 04:42:25 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 23, 2023, 06:17:35 AM
Try searching  for Dado tiles (rather than ceramic beading ) might be what you are after

Many thanks
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on May 22, 2023, 11:59:27 PM

And pub loos seem to have insert mirrors with that old fashioned ceramic beading for which I can never find a supplier.

Try searching  for Dado tiles (rather than ceramic beading ) might be what you are after 

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 22, 2023, 07:57:41 PM
Your right Papa ,they are crap

Best bet are pubs and cafes  if you want a fragrent dump and even building sites are cleaner than council bogs

And pub loos seem to have insert mirrors with that old fashioned ceramic beading for which I can never find a supplier.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 22, 2023, 07:57:41 PM

Best bet are pubs and cafes  if you want a fragrent dump and even building sites are cleaner than council bogs
There are still pubs where the only running water in the bogs is your own.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on May 22, 2023, 04:42:25 PM
Over the course of a year during my travels around the country I find the terrible state of public toilets a scandal. Some of them I am forced to use due to age and decrepitude have not been repaired for years.
I got this feeble excuse from one town council, after three out of four cubicle doors in the gents. have been missing for months. (The public toilets are underneath the council office.)  :-

The sizes are non-standard and our Maintenance Supervisor is having massive issues trying to source replacements. He has approached multiple manufacturers and companies who tell us they cannot source the materials.

Best bet are pubs and cafes  if you want a fragrent dump and even building sites are cleaner than council bogs

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on May 22, 2023, 04:42:25 PM
Over the course of a year during my travels around the country I find the terrible state of public toilets a scandal. Some of them I am forced to use due to age and decrepitude have not been repaired for years.
I got this feeble excuse from one town council, after three out of four cubicle doors in the gents. have been missing for months. (The public toilets are underneath the council office.)  :-

The sizes are non-standard and our Maintenance Supervisor is having massive issues trying to source replacements. He has approached multiple manufacturers and companies who tell us they cannot source the materials.

It is an odd thing, but the worse loos always seem to be in DIY stores such as Homebase. B & Q don't have them, which is probably why the stores are dying on their feet.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

I got this feeble excuse from one town council, after three out of four cubicle doors in the gents. have been missing for months. (The public toilets are underneath the council office.)  :-

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe