'Nothing untoward' over speeding awareness course, Braverman insists

Started by SKY News, May 23, 2023, 07:00:09 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 23, 2023, 08:53:19 PM
There are many reasons to think SB shouldn't be home sec, but this probably isn't one of them.

As I read it, she got the speeding ticket, asked some minions to find out if it was possible to do a zoom/one on one given her schedule and circumstances (protection detail).

Minion asked question, got told no, SB took the fine and points.

Frankly, I'd rather the HS spent their time doing their job than doing a speed awareness course, so I would t begrudge her doing a one to one session on her own time if she paid for it.

That said, if it turns out there was more untoward pressure brought to bear, that would be a different matter. I don't see the harm in an internal investigation to pull out the facts and show them.  Going full blown public inquiry (which I don't think has been suggested) would be OTT.
Apparently celebs do one to one courses all the time, it stops the class focusing an a potential mega star. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 23, 2023, 08:53:19 PM
There are many reasons to think SB shouldn't be home sec, but this probably isn't one of them.

As I read it, she got the speeding ticket, asked some minions to find out if it was possible to do a zoom/one on one given her schedule and circumstances (protection detail).

Frankly, I'd rather the HS spent their time doing their job than doing a speed awareness course, so I would t begrudge her doing a one to one session on her own time if she paid for it.

That said, if it turns out there was more untoward pressure brought to bear, that would be a different matter. I don't see the harm in an internal investigation to pull out the facts and show them.  Going full blown public inquiry (which I don't think has been suggested) would be OTT.
Nail hit head

I detest her but the hoo hah over this is just giving her a free pass to survive the next cabinet reshuffle

BeElBeeBub

Borchester

Quote from: SKY News  on May 23, 2023, 07:00:09 PM

Suella Braverman said she is confident "nothing untoward happened" over her handling of a speeding offence amid growing pressure on the prime minister to open an investigation.

Source: 'Nothing untoward' over speeding awareness course, Braverman insists

An investigation into a speeding ticket ?

Christ, we live in quiet times. I think that I will take out a subscription to Sky News so that I can cancel it
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Cant see a lot wrong here myself . Shes not denying anything hasn't said she wont attend a speed awareness course . Bit up herself saying she wants a one on one course rather than a group session so as long as she is paying for it whats the problem? 

The lefties getting out of their prams again 

SKY News

Suella Braverman said she is confident "nothing untoward happened" over her handling of a speeding offence amid growing pressure on the prime minister to open an investigation.

Source: 'Nothing untoward' over speeding awareness course, Braverman insists