Main Menu

Good News!

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 24, 2023, 07:46:10 PM
Can't you not identify Nato, EU, Ukip, UN, IMF, AA, PTSD, etc...
He thinks he's scoring points, when in fact he's just making himself look a fool. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 24, 2023, 08:02:21 PM
The point is the convention is to use the full version of the acronym at first use followed by the acronym. (Plus Nick gives the impression of not being employed.)
Impression of not being employed? This should be a laugh, please explain. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 24, 2023, 07:19:36 PM
I did make my point. (Acronyms are by convention supposed to be used in full at first used followed by the acronym. Otherwise I do not have a clue what you are on about.)
You didn't make a point, you were trying to suggest there was stuff in the article that others hadn't seen. As for your acronyms, if you'd read the article you'd see that they were outlined in it. And if you don't know what they are then this thread is way beyond you. 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 24, 2023, 07:46:10 PM
Can't you not identify Nato, EU, Ukip, UN, IMF, AA, PTSD, etc...
The point is the convention is to use the full version of the acronym at first use followed by the acronym. (Plus Nick gives the impression of not being employed.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on May 24, 2023, 07:19:36 PM
I did make my point. (Acronyms are by convention supposed to be used in full at first used followed by the acronym. Otherwise I do not have a clue what you are on about.)
Can't you not identify Nato, EU, Ukip, UN, IMF, AA, PTSD, etc...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 24, 2023, 06:59:26 PM
Make your point, if you have one, instead of making insinuations. I'm doing work for JLR atm, they're opening new EV lines in other locations already. Wolverhampton for one.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 24, 2023, 05:35:45 PM
Did you read ALL of that report?
Make your point, if you have one, instead of making insinuations. I'm doing work for JLR atm, they're opening new EV lines in other locations already. Wolverhampton for one. 

BeElBeeBub

Yeah.  From what I can see it looks like the new JLR battery plant will be in the UK not Spain.

I'm assuming the £800m sweetner the UK waved under their nose helped.

I'd rather the UK didn't have to pay to get JLR and others to come here and they just flocked to the UK because of our strong economy, stable government and near frictionless access to one of the largest markets on the planet.

Failing that a massive bung will do.

What would have been really embarrassing would be if they went with Spain despite the huge pile of cash we emptied out in front of them......

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65698529

A bit pricey but good news none the less (assuming all goes to plan)
Did you read ALL of that report?

BeElBeeBub

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65698529

A bit pricey but good news none the less (assuming all goes to plan)