Main Menu

Good News!

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on May 29, 2023, 08:33:35 PM
Usual empty post with no substance or evidence, showing you know precisely nothing about Tata.

Maybe it is Pappy's way of saying goodbye.

Farewell old friend and don't let the door catch your arse on the way out :)

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 29, 2023, 09:42:02 AM
Nick I appear to know a lot more about Tata than you do. (Basically due to their appalling track record, I would like to know has the Tory government done a due diligence check before they hand over  large wedge of British taxpayers money.)
Usual empty post with no substance or evidence, showing you know precisely nothing about Tata. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on May 29, 2023, 01:11:58 PM
You know more about everything than anybody Pappy, as you have frequently advised the board.

Tata's problems are very much public domain. That you and others do not know about them frankly is NOT my problem.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on May 29, 2023, 09:42:02 AM
Nick I appear to know a lot more about Tata than you do. (Basically due to their appalling track record, I would like to know has the Tory government done a due diligence check before they hand over  large wedge of British taxpayers money.)

You know more about everything than anybody Pappy, as you have frequently advised the board.

Tata made a pile from Steel and metal bashing because the first thing ant emerging nation was set up heavy industry projects as prestige projects. And by and large, the second thing they did was to run them into the ground. So once the nationalist fervour calmed down a bit, Tata were able to to ask for a reasonable bung to take them off the hands of the various embarrassed  governments. Since that was (and is) cheaper and less electorally dangerous than throwing all and sundry onto the dole, governments have usually been happy to agree.

Why you, with your wondrous knowledge of  the world and how it turns should be surprised at this I do not know, but I have no doubt you will soon advise us.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 25, 2023, 08:34:01 AM
You know nothing of Tata clearly. Another non-statement that's not qualified.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 25, 2023, 01:17:55 PM
Not had anything to directly do with Jaguars since Dad refurbished a MkII twenty or more years ago. But colleagues who have acquired them over the past ten years have some real horror stories of quality and customer service. Similar stories for Range Rover.

At the moment, I'm without a personal car. But my past choices have been Ford, Peugeot, and BMW. Mrs currently loves her hybrid Mitsubishi. Her/our next car is likely to be fully electric, but unlikely to be built in the UK — even if one were then available...
I have an EQB 350, which is currently having the complete battery pack changed as it came up with a warning to evacuate the car (1 year old). I've told Mercedes they can stick it where the ☀️ doesn't shine. It also doesn't do the miles quoted or charge at 150KW as in the spec. I'd seriously wait, the infrastructure isn't there yet.

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 25, 2023, 11:44:13 AM
When you two have finished fucking sqabbling can we get back to the fact that this has been bought with what will be close to a billion pounds of taxpayers bungs to another of Fishy Rishi's rather less than white as the driven snow in both complexion and financial probity pals.

As for JLR or for the hard of understanding Jaguar Land Rover i know quite well what their plans were before they were decimated by EU demands designed to F@@@ them over for their decision to stay in the UK post brexit. As tbe developer of the computerised production lines at what was then a major supplier of their aluminium parts i was brought in to several high level supplier - customer meetings to understand supply and volume ramp up and warehoysing and understandably got wind of many planned projects.

What became of it all post COVID and pist tve Welsh Assemblys fucking insane lockdown and anti post brexit trade practices i have no idea sadly

But i know the history behind Tara and their inability to produce steel at port talbot to the metallurgical quality in tbe old British Steel days when dad and his team if IBM engineers maintained their automated systems too ...
JLR have never used what you call computer controlled production lines, they use PLC's and anyone involved would never use the term computer. They have been controlled by Rockwell for years, and are now turning to Siemens.  

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on May 25, 2023, 12:26:54 PM

I can't see who wants a battery operated Jaguar. The original E types could not be sold in the US because their brakes did not work, but that did not stop people wanting to buy.  Still, inefficient, overpriced and reliant on state subsidies; it is easy to see why it should appeal to the BBC and the three people who still watch it

Not had anything to directly do with Jaguars since Dad refurbished a MkII twenty or more years ago. But colleagues who have acquired them over the past ten years have some real horror stories of quality and customer service. Similar stories for Range Rover.

At the moment, I'm without a personal car. But my past choices have been Ford, Peugeot, and BMW. Mrs currently loves her hybrid Mitsubishi. Her/our next car is likely to be fully electric, but unlikely to be built in the UK — even if one were then available...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65698529

A bit pricey but good news none the less (assuming all goes to plan)

I can't see who wants a battery operated Jaguar. The original E types could not be sold in the US because their brakes did not work, but that did not stop people wanting to buy.  Still, inefficient, overpriced and reliant on state subsidies; it is easy to see why it should appeal to the BBC and the three people who still watch it

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

When you two have finished fucking sqabbling can we get back to the fact that this has been bought with what will be close to a billion pounds of taxpayers bungs to another of Fishy Rishi's rather less than white as the driven snow in both complexion and financial probity pals.

As for JLR or for the hard of understanding Jaguar Land Rover i know quite well what their plans were before they were decimated by EU demands designed to F@@@ them over for their decision to stay in the UK post brexit. As tbe developer of the computerised production lines at what was then a major supplier of their aluminium parts i was brought in to several high level supplier - customer meetings to understand supply and volume ramp up and warehoysing and understandably got wind of many planned projects.

What became of it all post COVID and pist tve Welsh Assemblys fucking insane lockdown and anti post brexit trade practices i have no idea sadly

But i know the history behind Tara and their inability to produce steel at port talbot to the metallurgical quality in tbe old British Steel days when dad and his team if IBM engineers maintained their automated systems too ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 25, 2023, 07:53:19 AM
But not in the thread opener. In any case with several elephants in the room, it is not a good news story. The future of the problematic Tata being the biggest one.
You know nothing of Tata clearly. Another non-statement that's not qualified. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 24, 2023, 08:56:32 PM
They're in the article that you allegedly read.
But not in the thread opener. In any case with several elephants in the room, it is not a good news story. The future of the problematic Tata being the biggest one.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on May 24, 2023, 07:19:36 PM
 . . .I do not have a clue  . . .
Now tell us something we don't know

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 24, 2023, 08:43:30 PM
Nick I am merely asking for the conventions when using acronyms are followed. (One of the basic rules of debate, dissertations and essays.)
They're in the article that you allegedly read. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 24, 2023, 08:20:42 PM
He thinks he's scoring points, when in fact he's just making himself look a fool.
Nick I am merely asking for the conventions when using acronyms are followed. (One of the basic rules of debate, dissertations and essays.)