Main Menu

Good News!

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 31, 2023, 06:42:30 PM
What's better then seeing as how that Mr Fusion in Back to the Future was fiction?

Please don't say Sodium and force me to post agreeing with Papasmurf
I would never put anyone in that position 😉 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 07:24:47 PM
Quite, I can't understand what Nick is on about, just what does he think Tata/JLR are going to use to power electric cars other than Lithium.
I know what they are going to be using, and it isn't Lithium. You think you know everything, have you not had the memo? I guess you'll have to wait until the industry announces it then. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 31, 2023, 06:42:30 PM
What's better then seeing as how that Mr Fusion in Back to the Future was fiction?

Quite, I can't understand what Nick is on about, just what does he think Tata/JLR are going to use to power electric cars other than Lithium.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 04:49:19 PM
Wrong that they need Lithium, you're living in the dark ages.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 04:49:19 PM
Nick, what are you on about, currently it is going to have to be Lithium, mass production of Sodium based batteries is some years away.  (You are so out of touch it is scary as it appears from what you have written your livelihood depends on Tata/JLR.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 04:48:03 PM
Wrong about what? The 80000 tonnes per annum of lithium needed is what JLR would need for the number of electric cars they wish to produce. Only 10000 tonnes per annum will be (in theory if it ever happens from Cornwall)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 04:44:39 PM
Nick I would not trust a direct quote from ANY company when it comes to truth.
It's just been made up then, no one from TATA has said anything then?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 04:36:21 PM
That's where you are wrong, but you'd know that being in the automotive sector. 🙄
Wrong about what? The 80000 tonnes per annum of lithium needed is what JLR would need for the number of electric cars they wish to produce. Only 10000 tonnes per annum will be (in theory if it ever happens from Cornwall) 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 04:38:57 PM
Third party news, where's the direct quote from someone at TATA? Instead of the usual maybe.
Nick I would not trust a direct quote from ANY company when it comes to truth.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 04:34:13 PM
It is on the cards Tata will be pulling out of steel production in Britain.

Tata Steel may stop the blast furnace at the plant in Great Britain — Global steel news (gmk.center)

Tata Steel may shut down Port Talbot blast furnace
Читайте українськоюЧитайте на русском
Halina Yermolenko

The company seeks to learn about the details of steel support by July 2023
The steel company Tata Steel may stop one of the two blast furnaces (BFs) at the plant in Port Talbot (the UK) if the government does not announce support for the decarbonization of steel industry by July 2023. SteelOrbis informs about it.
The company needs to decide whether to extend the service life of the blast furnace, stop it or replace it with an electric arc furnace. The eventual closure of the BF could result in the loss of thousands of jobs and harm UK industry.

Third party news, where's the direct quote from someone at TATA? Instead of the usual maybe. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 04:31:21 PM
[highlight]Nick you can't make electric vehicles without lithium[/highlight], no-one needed to mention it, it is a given.
Nick JLR will need 80000 tonnes of Lithium per annum for batteries.  There will be,  (if it ever get going,) only 10000 tonnes per annum available from Cornwall.
So far the Tata plan is just that, a plan, with a lot of problems to be overcome, including screwing £500 million of of the British tax-payer.
That's where you are wrong, but you'd know that being in the automotive sector. 🙄 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: papasmurf on May 31, 2023, 04:31:21 PM
Nick you can't make electric vehicles without lithium, no-one needed to mention it, it is a given.
Nick JLR will need 80000 tonnes of Lithium per annum for batteries.  There will be,  (if it ever get going,) only 10000 tonnes per annum available from Cornwall.
So far the Tata plan is just that, a plan, with a lot of problems to be overcome, including screwing £500 million of of the British tax-payer.
Or sodium.... Plenty of that off the Cornish coast.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 04:31:14 PM
TATA has been into steel for decades and has done very well,
It is on the cards Tata will be pulling out of steel production in Britain.

Tata Steel may stop the blast furnace at the plant in Great Britain — Global steel news (gmk.center)

Tata Steel may shut down Port Talbot blast furnace
Читайте українськоюЧитайте на русском
Halina Yermolenko

The company seeks to learn about the details of steel support by July 2023
The steel company Tata Steel may stop one of the two blast furnaces (BFs) at the plant in Port Talbot (the UK) if the government does not announce support for the decarbonization of steel industry by July 2023. SteelOrbis informs about it.
The company needs to decide whether to extend the service life of the blast furnace, stop it or replace it with an electric arc furnace. The eventual closure of the BF could result in the loss of thousands of jobs and harm UK industry.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2023, 04:21:52 PM
First off, who mentioned Lithium apart from you?

To make a battery you need 70,000 tons of Lithium? How do you know how many batteries they will be making? Yet more unqualified drivel.
Nick you can't make electric vehicles without lithium, no-one needed to mention it, it is a given.
Nick JLR will need 80000 tonnes of Lithium per annum for batteries.  There will be,  (if it ever get going,) only 10000 tonnes per annum available from Cornwall. 

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 31, 2023, 12:41:59 PM

Don't hold your breath. Pappy is a fool and too cowardly to admit that he is which is why he is a fool. One of the most wonderful things in life is not being right, but learning something new but as said, Pappy has yet to realise that.

Tata has always had a bit of a reputation as undertakers in that they have bought up a lot of the shaky prestige projects such as cars and steel mills and airlines that new (and not so new) nations are fond of pissing away the states' revenues on. The company drives hard bargains, but they are usually better than no bargain at all.
TATA has been into steel for decades and has done very well, they also give millions to the poor in India, the real poor, not bone idle bums. 
I will be stopping in their hotel, Taj Mahal Palace for 3 nights in Mumbai in August so I'll pass on your regards Borky lol  

Smurf loves dealing in single shots, and hasn't got the amo to back it up when challenged, sad really.