Main Menu

Good News!

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2023, 02:14:08 PM
Quite, graphene is being used for a wide range of applications including  graphene in Lithium Ion batteries to reduce fire risk and other aspects:-
Worth a read but Nick won't bother:-

https://nanografi.com/blog/60-uses-and-applications-of-graphene-nanografi-/#:~:text=Graphene%20has%20a%20wide%20range,biomedical%20devices%20and%20many%20other.
I don't need to read your link, I do business within the industry and know firsthand what is going on because I have meetings with JLR and others. You've only known about Graphene for about 5 days. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 03, 2023, 02:09:47 PM

Not only that, their stock in trade is graphene enhanced Lithium Ion batteries

Quite, graphene is being used for a wide range of applications including  graphene in Lithium Ion batteries to reduce fire risk and other aspects:-
Worth a read but Nick won't bother:-

https://nanografi.com/blog/60-uses-and-applications-of-graphene-nanografi-/#:~:text=Graphene%20has%20a%20wide%20range,biomedical%20devices%20and%20many%20other.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2023, 07:13:19 AM
Think you're getting me confused with Smurf.

Over 2 years later still not available.  USA companies will make all sorts of silly statements to get venture funding

https://appearhome.com/products/

Not only that, their stock in trade is graphene enhanced Lithium Ion batteries

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/appear-inc-announces-launch-high-130000964.html

'SAN FRANCISCO, July 20, 2022 /CNW/ -- Appear Inc., which is revolutionizing battery technology using advanced material science, is excited to announce the launch of its high-performance, fast-charge, longer-lasting battery packs for electric vehicles. Appear's Graphene battery packs can be fully charged in less than 60 minutes. Appear's latest battery cells offer higher capacity, increased safety and an industry-leading 3C fast charge capability.

Appear Graphene Li-Ion batteries are  . . .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2023, 01:34:39 PM
Seeing as JLR, Hexcel and Rivian are three on my customers, I think my opinion is worth a tad more than yours.
Nick your opinion seems to be somewhat at odd with reality when it comes to Electric vehicles. Plus what companies PR departments state and reality are very often different.

I would also like to know with references what other than Lithium Batteries you think Tata/JLR are going to use. (Given announcements in the last few hours/days about Tata battery production.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2023, 11:59:49 AM
If anything happens in five years. (Assuming JLR still exists in Britain in five years.)
You may state d JLR won't need Lithium necessarily for their new plant near Bristol but that is just your opinion.
Seeing as JLR, Hexcel and Rivian are three on my customers, I think my opinion is worth a tad more than yours. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2023, 11:25:02 AM
I never said it was. I said JLR won't need Lithium necessarily for their new plant near Bristol, it'll be 5 years before any Battery comes out of there, and a lot happens in 5 years.
If anything happens in five years. (Assuming JLR still exists in Britain in five years.)
You may state d JLR won't need Lithium necessarily for their new plant near Bristol but that is just your opinion. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2023, 08:35:15 AM
But not (yet) in common usage for all mobile/smart phones.
I never said it was. I said JLR won't need Lithium necessarily for their new plant near Bristol, it'll be 5 years before any Battery comes out of there, and a lot happens in 5 years.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2023, 07:13:19 AM

But not (yet) in common usage for all mobile/smart phones. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 02, 2023, 11:40:50 PM
You've totally failed to back that with any evidence so we can conclude it was just made up drivel

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 01, 2023, 01:39:11 PM
It's already in commercial use in phones,  . . .
You've totally failed to back that with any evidence so we can conclude it was just made up drivel

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2023, 07:53:32 PM
Nick it is NOT lies.
What Are Graphene Batteries and Why Are They Important? – Chargeasap

Graphene Batteries are not lies, the fact that you say you'd heard of them before is the lie. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 06:55:16 PM
Total lies, you thought grapheme was a type of battery component and then googled when it was developed: coming to the wrong conclusion that graphene batteries had been around since 2004. I can quote you if you want old man.
Nick it is NOT lies.
What Are Graphene Batteries and Why Are They Important? – Chargeasap

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 02, 2023, 09:21:45 AM
Nick I have known about graphene because I follow science and technology and have for a very long time. It has had a lot comment and detailed information for decades.
Total lies, you thought grapheme was a type of battery component and then googled when it was developed: coming to the wrong conclusion that graphene batteries had been around since 2004. I can quote you if you want old man.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 04:55:12 AM
Firstly, you hadn't even heard of Graphene batteries until you googled it yesterday, now your the big expert, secondly, we're talking about EV's not phones, whereby Smurf stated that JLR will need 80,000 tons of lithium to make EV batteries.
That would be you admitting you cannot support your boast of graphene batteries being in current use in mobile phones

because it was made up shite perchance?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 02, 2023, 09:06:46 AM
What has your interest in batteries got to do with anything? The fact is you'd never heard of Graphene until Posty mentioned it, otherwise you wouldn't have made your ridiculous comment about not being able to make batteries without Lithium. Caught out once again, and now your trying your usual deflection tactics.
Nick I have known about graphene because I follow science and technology and have for a very long time. It has had a lot comment and detailed information for decades.