Main Menu

Good News!

Started by BeElBeeBub, May 24, 2023, 05:34:10 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2023, 04:32:29 PM
Same line wherever you look.

'In 1962 Boehm and colleagues had published details of their work on graphite flakes, which were single or multilayer.'
Bullshit selective quoting to deliberately mislead ^

Have the full quote;

'Later on, in 1962, Boehm and colleagues had published details of their work on graphite flakes. They isolated and identified single graphene sheets by transmission electron microscopy (TEM) and X-ray diffraction in 1961.'

And that's from the link you were given before https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-history-controversy-and-nobel-prize

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2023, 04:47:33 PM
The link that's not a link? That one?
You posted the same link as I did.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2023, 04:36:26 PM
Look at and study ALL of the link.
The link that's not a link? That one?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2023, 04:32:29 PM

'In 1962 Boehm and colleagues had published details of their work on graphite flakes, which were single or multilayer.'
Look at and study ALL of the link.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2023, 03:54:04 PM
It was not graphite. Nick basically I think you should give it up, your lack of comprehension is scary.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2023, 03:48:33 PM
You've tried that analogy before and it didn't work then. The stuff in 1962 was GRAPHITE, not a single layer of Carbon atoms. Same as Diamonds where around then, another allotrope of Carbon but still not Graphene.
It was not graphite. Nick basically I think you should give it up, your lack of comprehension is scary.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 06, 2023, 03:30:14 PM
I say again you do know that Haley's comet was known about yonks before it was called Haley's comet or even a 'comet'
You've tried that analogy before and it didn't work then. The stuff in 1962 was GRAPHITE, not a single layer of Carbon atoms. Same as Diamonds where around then, another allotrope of Carbon but still not Graphene. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 06, 2023, 03:30:14 PM
I say again you do know that Haley's comet was known about yonks before it was called Haley's comet or even a 'comet'
Quite. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2023, 03:27:44 PM
You stated clearly above that Graphene was known about in 1962, you used the word Graphene, which wasn't used until the 80's. Graphene wasn't invented until 2004, the stuff in 1962 was thin sheets of GRAPHITE and not a single layer of Carbon atoms.
FFS sake Nick Graphene was known about in 1962, it merely was not named that. (The same applies to many other substances until they could be made in quantity and commercially exploited.)

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2023, 03:27:44 PM
You stated clearly above that Graphene was known about in 1962, you used the word Graphene, which wasn't used until the 80's. Graphene wasn't invented until 2004, the stuff in 1962 was thin sheets of GRAPHITE and not a single layer of Carbon atoms.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2023, 02:48:48 PM
Quite, I am wondering about Nick, especially no one has claimed the name was in use in 1962, the point you seem determined to not let through your skull is the material we now know as graphene was being described from 1962
Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 09:32:12 AM
Nick I posted the link for that. In fact [highlight]graphene was known about as far back as 1962[/highlight], but producing it and finding  a use for it was a long time afterwards. Materials have been an interest of mine since my childhood. 
That you have frankly demonstrated you know next to bugger all about graphene is obvious  

You stated clearly above that Graphene was known about in 1962, you used the word Graphene, which wasn't used until the 80's. Graphene wasn't invented until 2004, the stuff in 1962 was thin sheets of GRAPHITE and not a single layer of Carbon atoms. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 06, 2023, 03:19:54 PM
Not if you read your post again especially where you told me ' the point you seem determined to not let through your skull is the material we now know as graphene was being described from 1962'
I am agreeing with you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2023, 03:03:08 PM
I am agreeing with your comment.
Not if you read your post again especially where you told me ' the point you seem determined to not let through your skull is the material we now know as graphene was being described from 1962'

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2023, 03:10:41 PM
Do not tell people to correct things on this forum, if you see an issue you point it out, you are not a MOD. Thank you.
Eh?  What's got into you now?  

Alright then is this OK?  Papasmurf you have completely fucked up that quote and it would be good if you edited it please

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 06, 2023, 02:59:57 PM
You've fucked up the quoting Papasmurf, please correct it
Do not tell people to correct things on this forum, if you see an issue you point it out, you are not a MOD. Thank you.