I am so sick of Covid

Started by Borchester, May 27, 2023, 01:52:50 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 19, 2023, 08:00:50 PM
I have had six covid vaccinations with no problems at all.
lucky you 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 19, 2023, 07:44:07 PM
Well speaking from my own personal experiance I would say the vaccinations definately contributed to extending my long covid . I was definately recovering to some extent before my third jab which was akin to landing on the big snake and returning to the beginning of this what for many has been a misserable game .

I dont think Ill be having another one (vaccination )
I have had six covid vaccinations with no problems at all.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Well speaking from my own personal experiance I would say the vaccinations definately contributed to extending my long covid . I was definately recovering to some extent before my third jab which was akin to landing on the big snake and returning to the beginning of this what for many has been a misserable game .

I dont think Ill be having another one (vaccination )

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 19, 2023, 06:59:55 AM
😂🤣😂 And so it begins, desperate twisting of the.language.

Here's a link, not that you'll bother to read it.

https://www.contemporarypediatrics.com/view/long-covid-prevalence-and-severity-in-vaccinated-versus-unvaccinated-children

To quote "the results of this relatively small study of children found long COVID was more prevalent and severe in unvaccinated children than in children who had received at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine."

Seems pretty clear what the study meant by vaccinated"
Of course they didn't *directly* define "unvaccinated" - the normal conclusion would be kids who had not had a least 1 dose of a CV19 vaccine" - I'm sure you will come up with your own definition

This is the problem.  Lots of assumptions, no facts.  Your quote does not establish that "unvaccinated" = "never had any dose".  You merely assumed it.  A definition which I found published by Scottish authorities (and probably in England too), is that "unvaccinated" includes people whose vaccine immunity had worn off.  So it's not my own definition.  It's just your inability to check facts.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 18, 2023, 10:14:49 PM
Where to begin to pick apart this bullshit?  Let's start with the definition of "vaccinated", according to this study.  Perhaps you can enlighten me.  It's important to understand the facts, before jumping to conclusions as is common with people who religiously believe everything they are told by big corporations.
😂🤣😂 And so it begins, desperate twisting of the.language.

Here's a link, not that you'll bother to read it.

https://www.contemporarypediatrics.com/view/long-covid-prevalence-and-severity-in-vaccinated-versus-unvaccinated-children

To quote "the results of this relatively small study of children found long COVID was more prevalent and severe in unvaccinated children than in children who had received at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine."

Seems pretty clear what the study meant by vaccinated"
Of course they didn't *directly* define "unvaccinated" - the normal conclusion would be kids who had not had a least 1 dose of a CV19 vaccine" - I'm sure you will come up with your own definition

Scott777

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 17, 2023, 06:25:49 PM
It would be very odd of vaccination caused long covid when people who have never been vaccinated present with long covid.

In addition a study of a bit over 250 children who presented with acute COVID, half of whom had been vaccinated and half not yielded the following results.

As you can see there was a lower % of symptoms amongst the vaccinated children in every category.

Now, this was only 250 kids and it's not comprehensive - the authors suggest further studies - and I'm sure Scotty will quibble over the meaning of the above figures, maybe a misplaced comma, or the fact "unvaccinated" is not sufficiently defined, but it's a data point against his argument

As.is the bmj study showing a small but significant reduction in long covid symptoms after a vaccination. Which is an odd effect if vaccination was the cause.

Where to begin to pick apart this bullshit?  Let's start with the definition of "vaccinated", according to this study.  Perhaps you can enlighten me.  It's important to understand the facts, before jumping to conclusions as is common with people who religiously believe everything they are told by big corporations.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2023, 04:47:48 PM
FFS you conspiracy theorists need counselling.

Oh yes please, do continue.  Which conspiracy do you believe is involved?  I'd like you to lie back, and tell me, when you close your eyes, can you still see these conspiracies?

BeElBeeBub

It would be very odd of vaccination caused long covid when people who have never been vaccinated present with long covid.

In addition a study of a bit over 250 children who presented with acute COVID, half of whom had been vaccinated and half not yielded the following results.

Long COVID conditions included:

Breathlessness (44.9% of unvaccinated children, 30.0% of vaccinated)
Fatigue (37.0% of unvaccinated children, 22.5% of vaccinated)
Headache (26.0% of unvaccinated children, 14.2% of vaccinated)
Dizziness (28.3% of unvaccinated children, 15.0% of vaccinated)
Heart palpitations (26.8% of unvaccinated children, 10.8% of vaccinated)
Myalgia (17.3% of unvaccinated children, 7.5% of vaccinated)

As you can see there was a lower % of symptoms amongst the vaccinated children in every category.

Now, this was only 250 kids and it's not comprehensive - the authors suggest further studies - and I'm sure Scotty will quibble over the meaning of the above figures, maybe a misplaced comma, or the fact "unvaccinated" is not sufficiently defined, but it's a data point against his argument

As.is the bmj study showing a small but significant reduction in long covid symptoms after a vaccination. Which is an odd effect if vaccination was the cause.

BeElBeeBub

Did smoking CAUSE lung cancer or just happen prior? Just as much chance it was brisk walks and fresh air which caused lung cancer.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Scott777 on June 17, 2023, 03:22:59 PM
Correlation is not causation.  Did Covid CAUSE long term illness, or just happen prior?  Just as much chance it was vaccination which caused so called Long Covid.
Don't think you should be lecturing anyone on statistics. You clearly know dick all about it 

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on June 17, 2023, 03:22:59 PM
Correlation is not causation.  Did Covid CAUSE long term illness, or just happen prior?  Just as much chance it was vaccination which caused so called Long Covid.
FFS you conspiracy theorists need counselling.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: HDQQ on May 27, 2023, 06:47:34 PM
But people are still getting ill and a few are getting seriously ill. Lots of people are suffering from long covid - I know one such person, who was active and 'never ill' before they got covid and now they struggle to get through the day.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on May 28, 2023, 11:08:30 PM
I had it, coughed half a dozen times and that was it, my wife had to crawl upstairs to bed on her hands and knees. Two of my girls lost their smell and taste, one got them back six months later, one said everything tasted of onions. My son had never contracted it, it's many things to many people.
Oh that I would agree with.  My friend who nearly died and is still damaged, his wife never showed any symptoms.  

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on May 28, 2023, 11:08:30 PM
I had it, coughed half a dozen times and that was it, my wife had to crawl upstairs to bed on her hands and knees. Two of my girls lost their smell and taste, one got them back six months later, one said everything tasted of onions. My son had never contracted it, it's many things to many people.
It is indeed, and while i wont for a change bore you with details, i know at tbe momecular level exactly why that is. And yes, i DO know more about the transport mechanism than Chris fucking Whitty.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 27, 2023, 04:26:46 PM
Have you ever had Covid?
Three times

once in 2019 which was before they knew covid existed. I know it was because blood samones taken were tested later

again a year later. The post long covid problems nearly kiled me

and again about nine months ago ehich was just a minor snuffle that wouldn't F@@@ off but tested pisitive
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>