I am so sick of Covid

Started by Borchester, May 27, 2023, 01:52:50 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 28, 2023, 03:37:16 PM
 . . . Never heard of him
Not heard of Andrew Wakefield.  The man that got kids crippled and at least one adult death by measles to further his own rival to MMR business? 

Here's a good summary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 09:59:56 AM
Nope

That's a fringe article that appears to misrepresent other studies and anyway in no way backs your assertion that repeated vaccination causes long Covid symptoms
Ive never said repeated vaccination causes long covid symtoms . I said ''SOME MAY SAY  repeated vaccination causes hyperactivation of the immune system resulting in long covis symtoms '' . Its an article that shows some  medical people are not happy with the government line ,you call it a fringe article I would call it a useful addition to the debate .
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 09:59:56 AMIt really should be an imprisonable criminal offence for anyone to publish fake information about vaccines.  
I would agree though asking questions about them should come with honest anwers 
 Covid vaccines saved this country (and others) from the abyss, vaccines in general have been one of the top advances in human civilisation 
I would agree again ,my concerns are with the boosters 
and yet we still get disciples of that shit Andrew Wakefield positioning fake stories.
Never heard of him 

Borchester

Nope

That's a fringe article that appears to misrepresent other studies and anyway in no way backs your assertion that repeated vaccination causes long Covid symptoms.

It really should be an imprisonable criminal offence for anyone to publish fake information about vaccines.  Covid vaccines saved this country (and others) from the abyss, vaccines in general have been one of the top advances in human civilisation and yet we still get disciples of that shit Andrew Wakefield positioning fake stories.

Quite.

Any critics of covid vaccines should be sent to jail. Free speech is all very well, but clever chaps such as Unlucky4sum are there to do our thinking for us and they can do without common folk making a difficult task harder by interjecting their muddled thinking.

God bless you Unlucky4sum !
Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 28, 2023, 05:45:26 AM
I wasnt refering to a text but what was disscussed during a talk with the quack about long covid . As I have previously mentioned the medical people are a bit stumped with regard post viral infections and why certain conditions kick in after boosters .
The link I posted was to help understand the immune system works differently in different people . A quick google has though  revealed a text that further explores what my GP was alluding to .

Adverse effects of COVID-19 vaccines and measures to prevent them - PMC (nih.gov)

Hope that goes someway to clearing this point up
Nope

That's a fringe article that appears to misrepresent other studies and anyway in no way backs your assertion that repeated vaccination causes long Covid symptoms.

It really should be an imprisonable criminal offence for anyone to publish fake information about vaccines.   Covid vaccines saved this country (and others) from the abyss, vaccines in general have been one of the top advances in human civilisation and yet we still get disciples of that shit Andrew Wakefield positioning fake stories.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on June 28, 2023, 07:50:09 AM
Rubbish.  Intelligent people know that the meaning of words in the dictionary can be changed at will, even if the change is not reflected by the population that uses the word.  Vaccine comes from the Latin for cow, and was originally a cow virus, and certainly not some genetic junk.  Until recently, it did not include genetic junk.  Just because dictionaries change, it does not make the meaning of the word change.
  ^

What sort of loonie thinks they can reinvent the meaning of words at will to suit their sad agendas?

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 27, 2023, 08:26:59 PM
Rubbish ^

Intelligent people know that the meaning of words is in the dictionary.  Like this recognised one  

'any preventive preparation used to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific disease, using either messenger RNA or killed or weakened bacteria or viruses to prepare the body to recognize a disease and produce antibodies.'

Rubbish.  Intelligent people know that the meaning of words in the dictionary can be changed at will, even if the change is not reflected by the population that uses the word.  Vaccine comes from the Latin for cow, and was originally a cow virus, and certainly not some genetic junk.  Until recently, it did not include genetic junk.  Just because dictionaries change, it does not make the meaning of the word change.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 27, 2023, 12:50:58 AM
You link to 4 documents not one of which backs your 'Some say repeated vaccination encourages Hyperactivation of the immune system resulting in 'Long covid' symptoms for years after the initial infection'

Please quote the specific text you say does back it
I wasnt refering to a text but what was disscussed during a talk with the quack about long covid . As I have previously mentioned the medical people are a bit stumped with regard post viral infections and why certain conditions kick in after boosters .
The link I posted was to help understand the immune system works differently in different people . A quick google has though  revealed a text that further explores what my GP was alluding to .

Adverse effects of COVID-19 vaccines and measures to prevent them - PMC (nih.gov)

Hope that goes someway to clearing this point up 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on June 27, 2023, 03:39:22 PM
Probably.  The word vaccine comes from vacca, latin for cow.  A true vaccine is just a virus, usually weakened.  mRNA injections are just genetically engineered junk pretending to be a vaccine.
Rubbish ^

Intelligent people know that the meaning of words is in the dictionary.  Like this recognised one    

'any preventive preparation used to stimulate the body's immune response against a specific disease, using either messenger RNA or killed or weakened bacteria or viruses to prepare the body to recognize a disease and produce antibodies.'

Scott777

Quote from: patman post on June 27, 2023, 09:52:03 AM
PS: and a further thought, wasn't cow-pox originally used to protect against smallpox...?

Probably.  The word vaccine comes from vacca, latin for cow.  A true vaccine is just a virus, usually weakened.  mRNA injections are just genetically engineered junk pretending to be a vaccine.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 26, 2023, 10:35:24 PM
Dont be so fecking rude  Mr ''Ive come on here for some intelligent debate '' 

But yes the truth is out there .

Emerging evidence suggests the most marked and persistent differences in immune cells after a COVID infection occur in people who have developed long COVID.

So far, no data points to immune deficiency in long COVID patients. But an overactive immune response can actually cause harm, and the immune cell changes seen in long COVID patients seem consistent with a vigorous immune response. This may explain the variety of post-infection consequences and symptoms that people with long COVID face.

Does COVID really damage your immune system and make you more vulnerable to infections? The evidence is lacking (manchester.ac.uk)
From a complete lay person's point of view, this all seems highly feasible — there are plenty of theories on how bacteria and viruses have affected the evolution of animals, insects, plants, etc...

PS: and a further thought, wasn't cow-pox originally used to protect against smallpox...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Emerging evidence suggests the most marked and persistent differences in immune cells after a COVID infection occur in people who have developed long COVID.

So far, no data points to immune deficiency in long COVID patients. But an overactive immune response can actually cause harm, and the immune cell changes seen in long COVID patients seem consistent with a vigorous immune response. This may explain the variety of post-infection consequences and symptoms that people with long COVID face.

Does COVID really damage your immune system and make you more vulnerable to infections? The evidence is lacking (manchester.ac.uk)
You link to 4 documents not one of which backs your 'Some say repeated vaccination encourages Hyperactivation of the immune system resulting in 'Long covid' symptoms for years after the initial infection'

Please quote the specific text you say does back it

Unlucky4Sum

Dont be so fecking rude  Mr ''Ive come on here for some intelligent debate ''  . . 
Look you posted 'Some say repeated vaccination encourages Hyperactivation of the immune system resulting in 'Long covid' symptoms for years after the initial infection'

We have no idea which third parties you were referring to so it was fair to point out that you get all sorts of shit on the internet posted by some people.  If you want to imagine I was referring to you then you'd be wrong.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 26, 2023, 06:33:15 PM
Some say all sorts of shit.  So do you have any sources of any provenance for that?

Emerging evidence suggests the most marked and persistent differences in immune cells after a COVID infection occur in people who have developed long COVID.

So far, no data points to immune deficiency in long COVID patients. But an overactive immune response can actually cause harm, and the immune cell changes seen in long COVID patients seem consistent with a vigorous immune response. This may explain the variety of post-infection consequences and symptoms that people with long COVID face.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 26, 2023, 06:33:15 PM
Some say all sorts of shit.  So do you have any sources of any provenance for that?

For what exactly?  That it can weaken immunity?

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 26, 2023, 06:31:57 PM
So you base all your rejections of the medical experts on your unscientific observations of just two people?  How stupid.

You appear to think only vulnerable people got Covid badly.  Well you're so wrong on that.

Erm, no, I didn't say that's a basis of rejecting 'medical experts'.  That's a strawman.  Covid did not make them very sick.  That's a fact.  So they did not need vaccination.

I challenge you to provide evidence of healthy people having Covid worse than the flu.  I asked before, and no one can provide it.