I am so sick of Covid

Started by Borchester, May 27, 2023, 01:52:50 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 29, 2023, 11:03:02 AM
What!! Just cause it proves your statement wrong.
But it doesn't 

Maybe you should look back at Scotty's absurd proposition that he can unilaterally change the meaning of words for all 

Oh and use of gay for homosexuals goes back at least a hundred years, some say back to 14th century France

patman post

Quote from: Scott777 on June 28, 2023, 11:20:17 PM
Errm, yes, well I was kind of referring to the writers of the dictionaries.  You don't know the rules for deciding the definitions.  For all you know, they may take advice from the WHO for medical definitions, rather than looking at usage among the population.  But presumably, because Collins Dictionary disagrees with the definition you provided, they are basket cases.  Is that what you think?  Should we imprison the writers of Collins for falsifying definitions?  🤣

"a suspension of dead, attenuated, or otherwise modified microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, or rickettsiae) for inoculation to produce immunity to a disease by stimulating the production of antibodies."

" (originally) a preparation of the virus of cowpox taken from infected cows and inoculated in humans to produce immunity to smallpox."

And before you make a fool of yourself, mRNA vaccines involve much more than modifying a microorganism, for example, lipid nanoparticles are wrapped around the mRNA like a bubble.  These are genetically engineered.  Therefore they cannot be included in the Collins definition of a vaccine.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/vaccine
Not sure that I agree your argument. While many/most (traditional?) vaccines to date have contained a weakened or dead bacteria or virus to activate the body's immunity, a new type of vaccine uses a synthesized "particle" to do that job.

Seems to me this is a logical extension of synthesizing drugs and medications found in nature — eg, is aspirin still made from meadowsweet or willow bark...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

No, just pointing out that Scotty failed (again)

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 29, 2023, 11:00:53 AM
And guess what, Scotty failed to rewrite that dictionary
What is irrelevant is quoting your own post lol
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 29, 2023, 10:59:00 AM
And today's prize for most irrelevant (and actually incorrect) argument goes to  . . .
What!! Just cause it proves your statement wrong.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 08:37:29 PM
Go on then see if you can show you're not the biggest basket case in the country by rewriting the Cambridge Dictionary entry for vaccine then to match your idiot version.  If it's so easy you'll be able to do it within the next hour

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/vaccine

'a substance that is put into the body of a person or animal to protect them from a disease by causing them to produce antibodies (=proteins that fight diseases):'
And guess what, Scotty failed to rewrite that dictionary

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 29, 2023, 08:17:08 AM
The words gay and queer have been hijacked and the meanings dramatically changed to suit agendas!!
And today's prize for most irrelevant (and actually incorrect) argument goes to  . . .

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 09:47:05 AM
  ^

What sort of loonie thinks they can reinvent the meaning of words at will to suit their sad agendas?
The words gay and queer have been hijacked and the meanings dramatically changed to suit agendas!!

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 08:37:29 PM
Go on then see if you can show you're not the biggest basket case in the country by rewriting the Cambridge Dictionary entry for vaccine then to match your idiot version.  If it's so easy you'll be able to do it within the next hour

'a substance that is put into the body of a person or animal to protect them from a disease by causing them to produce antibodies (=proteins that fight diseases):'

Errm, yes, well I was kind of referring to the writers of the dictionaries.  You don't know the rules for deciding the definitions.  For all you know, they may take advice from the WHO for medical definitions, rather than looking at usage among the population.  But presumably, because Collins Dictionary disagrees with the definition you provided, they are basket cases.  Is that what you think?  Should we imprison the writers of Collins for falsifying definitions?  🤣

"a suspension of dead, attenuated, or otherwise modified microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, or rickettsiae) for inoculation to produce immunity to a disease by stimulating the production of antibodies."

" (originally) a preparation of the virus of cowpox taken from infected cows and inoculated in humans to produce immunity to smallpox."

And before you make a fool of yourself, mRNA vaccines involve much more than modifying a microorganism, for example, lipid nanoparticles are wrapped around the mRNA like a bubble.  These are genetically engineered.  Therefore they cannot be included in the Collins definition of a vaccine.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/vaccine
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 08:35:07 PM
Oh the irony

Just because CDC and Fauci don't align with your crackpot looney ideas does not make them liars, exactly the opposite in fact

It's a great cop out.  Ignore the fact that it can weaken immunity, sling some mud, and run away from any debate.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on June 28, 2023, 08:17:39 PM
It's easy to redefine words in a dictionary.  What sort of loonie thinks they can't?  🤡

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on June 28, 2023, 08:27:09 PM
So you want the CDC and Anthony Fauci imprisoned then?  For your information, Covid vaccines can make any disease worse than it is, or indeed give you a disease you need not have.  That must include the symptoms of long Covid.  That's obviously true because if your immune system is weakened (as it may be from this vaccine) then the sky is the limit.  If you had chicken pox, you might get shingles.  If you have cancer in remission, it might come back.  If you get Covid, it might cause complications.  You really do need to educate yourself, cos you're making yourself look very silly.
Oh the irony 

Just because CDC and Fauci don't align with your crackpot looney ideas does not make them liars, exactly the opposite in fact 

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 09:59:56 AM
It really should be an imprisonable criminal offence for anyone to publish fake information about vaccines.  

So you want the CDC and Anthony Fauci imprisoned then?  For your information, Covid vaccines can make any disease worse than it is, or indeed give you a disease you need not have.  That must include the symptoms of long Covid.  That's obviously true because if your immune system is weakened (as it may be from this vaccine) then the sky is the limit.  If you had chicken pox, you might get shingles.  If you have cancer in remission, it might come back.  If you get Covid, it might cause complications.  You really do need to educate yourself, cos you're making yourself look very silly.

Scott777

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 28, 2023, 09:47:05 AM
  ^

What sort of loonie thinks they can reinvent the meaning of words at will to suit their sad agendas?
It's easy to redefine words in a dictionary.  What sort of loonie thinks they can't?  🤡

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on June 28, 2023, 12:11:03 PM
Quite.

Any critics of covid vaccines should be sent to jail. Free speech is all very well, but clever chaps such as Unlucky4sum are there to do our thinking for us and they can do without common folk making a difficult task harder by interjecting their muddled thinking.

God bless you Unlucky4sum !
I mourn your total inability to understand the phrase 'publish fake information'