Germany’s recession makes a mockery of myopic Remoaners

Started by Borchester, May 29, 2023, 10:23:09 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 29, 2023, 10:31:14 PM
Bollocks

As you full well know Germany has been hit far harder by the energy price issues

What is also relevant is Germany GDP has grown twice as much as the UK's since we went into the referendum.  That's the true measure of the harm Brexit has done.  Not a disaster but not a hit we needed, wanted or should have suffered.
They were also caught up in the EU's 1/4 trillion euro green debt ,something the UK avoided by leaving .And whatever , The UK has kept growing against doomsayers forecasts even if only slightly while the biggest economy in Europe is in recession 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on May 29, 2023, 11:54:31 PM

I just posted the facts. If you want to go into denial that is your problem

Oh the irony

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on May 30, 2023, 08:11:51 AM
I seldom take reports of surveys or opinions of columnists in the news media as the final word on important issues, but prefer to look at actual quantified results by survey companies or sponsoring organisations.

Germany has been seriously hit on the energy and other fronts by Covid and the war in Ukraine, but it is a substantial economy and is reckoned to lead the UK in most measured parameters:...

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/germany/uk?sc=XEAB
This is interesting Germany looks in a better state than Britain:-

Country comparison United Kingdom vs Germany 2023 | countryeconomy.com
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

I seldom take reports of surveys or opinions of columnists in the news media as the final word on important issues, but prefer to look at actual quantified results by survey companies or sponsoring organisations.

Germany has been seriously hit on the energy and other fronts by Covid and the war in Ukraine, but it is a substantial economy and is reckoned to lead the UK in most measured parameters:...

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/germany/uk?sc=XEAB
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on May 29, 2023, 10:31:14 PM
Bollocks

As you full well know Germany has been hit far harder by the energy price issues

What is also relevant is Germany GDP has grown twice as much as the UK's since we went into the referendum.  That's the true measure of the harm Brexit has done.  Not a disaster but not a hit we needed, wanted or should have suffered.

I just posted the facts. If you want to go into denial that is your problem

Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borchester on May 29, 2023, 10:23:09 PM
https://archive.is/VhCMX#selection-2599.4-2599.62 :)
Bollocks

What is also relevant is Germany GDP has grown twice as much as the UK's since we went into the referendum.  That's the true measure of the harm Brexit has done.  Not a disaster but not a hit we needed, wanted or should have suffered.