House prices fall at fastest pace in nearly 14 years

Started by Borchester, June 01, 2023, 05:10:21 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 09:11:15 AM
Quite, there are millions on in work benefits because their employer pays crap wages.
Actually when you look at major employer profit margins it's actually because UK customers insist on paying low prices so the main cause of the problem looks back at all of us in our mirrors every day 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 04, 2023, 12:03:55 PM
Well first of all good for your daughter, she's clearly done well off her own bat.

And I reckon you're probably spot on with that 'tens of thousands'  ie at most 0.1% of the UK (obvs a far higher % of Daily Misery articles) are good for nothing workshy wastes of space and oxygen. 

But we have something like 20% of our population living in poverty using the government's own definition.  Persecuting that 20% further just to try and make sure that 0.1% is kept at 0.1% isn't just immoral, it's dumb.

It's easy to get a job if you're healthy, bright and already live within easy travel range of a city.  But we have so many in the UK that don't and an even more metrocentric society is never going to be good.
Nick will never understand that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 09:15:10 AM
My eldest daughter worked three jobs whilst doing her Masters. Curries, AO and she did some cleaning work. She's not special, she was just brought up watching me work hard and because of that has a good work ethic. She's now a Quantity Surveyor.
If you are brought up watching your dad sitting in his pants watching daytime TV, drinking beer every day you're going to end up the same. Smurf can deny that there are tens of thousands of people that don't want to work as much as he likes, doesn't make it untrue. I ran a satellite install branch back when SKY was just kicking off, as others on here will tell you, going into some peoples houses was a traumatic experience, worse than animals. I think SW has similar stories?
Well first of all good for your daughter, she's clearly done well off her own bat.

And I reckon you're probably spot on with that 'tens of thousands'  ie at most 0.1% of the UK (obvs a far higher % of Daily Misery articles) are good for nothing workshy wastes of space and oxygen. 

But we have something like 20% of our population living in poverty using the government's own definition.  Persecuting that 20% further just to try and make sure that 0.1% is kept at 0.1% isn't just immoral, it's dumb.

It's easy to get a job if you're healthy, bright and already live within easy travel range of a city.  But we have so many in the UK that don't and an even more metrocentric society is never going to be good.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 09:27:53 AM
Firstly, I don't care how harsh it is, it isn't harsh enough. I'd personally starve them into work: I'd cross reference them against SKY tv's customer DB and reduce there benefits until they couldn't afford it.
Nick that Tory policy is not working. Your reference to Sky TVs  show how out of touch, bigoted, prejudiced and ill informed you are. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 09:20:09 AM
Nick you have eff all idea of how harsh the attitude of the Government, the DWP and DWP contractors is towards benefit claimants.
The regulations preclude ANYONE who desires to be bone idle "as a lifestyle choice."  It you wish to be bone idle and do no work crime is about the only choice now.
Firstly, I don't care how harsh it is, it isn't harsh enough. I'd personally starve them into work: I'd cross reference them against SKY tv's customer DB and reduce there benefits until they couldn't afford it. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2023, 09:15:10 AM
My eldest daughter worked three jobs whilst doing her Masters. Curries, AO and she did some cleaning work. She's not special, she was just brought up watching me work hard and because of that has a good work ethic. She's now a Quantity Surveyor.
If you are brought up watching your dad sitting in his pants watching daytime TV, drinking beer every day you're going to end up the same. Smurf can deny that there are tens of thousands of people that don't want to work as much as he likes, doesn't make it untrue. I ran a satellite install branch back when SKY was just kicking off, as others on here will tell you, going into some peoples houses was a traumatic experience, worse than animals. I think SW has similar stories?
Nick you have eff all idea of how harsh the attitude of the Government, the DWP and DWP contractors is towards benefit claimants.
The regulations preclude ANYONE who desires to be bone idle "as a lifestyle choice."  It you wish to be bone idle and do no work crime is about the only choice now.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 04, 2023, 09:11:15 AM
Quite, there are millions on in work benefits because their employer pays crap wages.
Get a second job or work harder. It's very simple!!

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 03, 2023, 02:14:20 PM
It's an observation.  You are presenting as an achievable norm something very very few people can and do attain.  I have no issues with you being well off from hard work (I'm not uncomfortable either) but many more are on benefits despite doing their best to try and earn themselves a better life.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 04, 2023, 05:42:16 AM
Probably means all those working for companies whos business model is to pay low and let the taxpayer pick up the slack.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on June 03, 2023, 11:08:43 PM
You mean signing on and keeping all those DHS clerks in jobs ?
Probably means all those working for companies whos business model is to pay low and let the taxpayer pick up the slack.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 03, 2023, 02:17:47 PM
Quite. Nick also forgets many of those on work related benefits are carrying out essential but mundane low paid tasks that keep the country going.

You mean signing on and keeping all those DHS clerks in jobs ?

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 03, 2023, 02:14:20 PM
It's an observation.  You are presenting as an achievable norm something very very few people can and do attain.  I have no issues with you being well off from hard work (I'm not uncomfortable either) but many more are on benefits despite doing their best to try and earn themselves a better life.
Quite. Nick also forgets many of those on work related benefits are carrying out essential but mundane low paid tasks that keep the country going.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 03, 2023, 11:34:15 AM
What's your point? If it's supposed to be an insult think again.
It's an observation.  You are presenting as an achievable norm something very very few people can and do attain.  I have no issues with you being well off from hard work (I'm not uncomfortable either) but many more are on benefits despite doing their best to try and earn themselves a better life.

papasmurf

Nick