I have been shot changed

Started by Borchester, June 07, 2023, 03:21:46 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on June 07, 2023, 03:42:59 PM
Well, so he has been told. :)
It is a wise father that knows his own child — as Shakespeare noted.

Unlikely to apply to me though, as one old reactionary Baptist buffer remarked a couple of years ago, my brood carry my mark of Cain...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on June 07, 2023, 03:42:59 PM
I used to think 'i'm sure i'd remember' but my memory at 67 isn'tvwhat ir was, god knows what i'll be like if i get to 80 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 07, 2023, 03:36:38 PM
Shot changed, hmm.

Seed depletion as we get older is something some among us have to get used to. Not all though — Robert De Niro is nearly 80 and has just fathered a child...

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Shot changed, hmm.

Seed depletion as we get older is something some among us have to get used to. Not all though — Robert De Niro is nearly 80 and has just fathered a child...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Well, not short changed as such, but I bought a packet of pumpkin seeds and while it said 25 on the label, there were only 22.

It also said an average of 25 seeds so the supplied was within his rights. Plus,no big thing because half of them never come up anyway and the rest are eaten by the slugs and I don't like pumpkin anyway, except that they look cheery in the autumn garden. Still, I am used to finding an extra three or four seeds, not being three short.

I blame Brexit and Greta Glumberg

Algerie Francais !