Still waiting for those benefits.

Started by BeElBeeBub, June 07, 2023, 06:10:14 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 10, 2023, 11:26:52 AM
Absolutely but the whole EU (like the UK) only just avoided that technical recession.

Truth is the real damage to the UK was done in the 24 months after the referendum was announced so any GDP gains the UK is making are from a badly damaged by Brexit position.  We were on an economic roll in 2014, Brexit screwed it.

UK GDP $B

Eurozone GDP $B

We were on an economic roll in 2014?
2021, 2022 and 2023 have all outstripped 2014, and that taking Covid and Putin into consideration! What are you smoking?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 10, 2023, 11:19:52 AM
That's the 2015 position https://ukandeu.ac.uk/explainers/trade-the-numbers/ 

Hasn't gone swimmingly since has it
I'm fully aware that was 2015, it says 2015 at the end of the graph. 
Hence the reason I stated that the U.K. trade was rapidly moving away from the EU before the referendum, that would have been 2015. 🙄 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2023, 03:41:41 PM
Borchester my wife and I do help the poor. Unlike far too many Tories who would not give their urine to a thirst dog.
Givers and takers come from all walks of life and political affiliations 

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 10, 2023, 03:36:26 PM

So everyone else should help the poor except you

Borchester my wife and I do help the poor. Unlike far too many Tories who would not give their urine to a thirst dog.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2023, 03:14:14 PM
Borchester I HATE Tories and all they stand for. What the Lizard is rammed with is far too many tourists with no money to spend due to the high cost of living.

So everyone else should help the poor except you

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 10, 2023, 02:19:42 PM
And the refusal of closet Tories like you to share the wealth.

No wonder the street of the Lizard are chocked with the corpses of folk who have died of want
Borchester I HATE Tories and all they stand for. What the Lizard is rammed with is far too many tourists with no money to spend due to the high cost of living.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2023, 11:15:58 AM
Fortunately I am not poor, but plenty of people are  poor  due to the failures of the Tory Government since May 2010.A
And the refusal of closet Tories like you to share the wealth.

No wonder the street of the Lizard are chocked with the corpses of folk who have died of want
Algerie Francais !

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 09, 2023, 10:38:31 AM
"it turns out that the whole of the EU is in recession" - not quite.

The average growth of the eurozone was -0.1 for 22Q4 and 23Q1 for the two quarters, so a recession.  But the EU27 ("the whole of the EU) wasn't in recession.   . . .

Absolutely but the whole EU (like the UK) only just avoided that technical recession.

Truth is the real damage to the UK was done in the 24 months after the referendum was announced so any GDP gains the UK is making are from a badly damaged by Brexit position.  We were on an economic roll in 2014, Brexit screwed it.

UK GDP $B

Eurozone GDP $B

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2023, 10:53:11 AM
As per the definition below, if Brexit is being concealed, how do you know it is doing anything?
Also, the UK's peaks and troughs exactly mirror all other countries in Europe, how do you explain that? This is some kind of strange faith that you Remainers keep praying will show it's self. It hasn't manifested it's self yet but you keep the faith that it is there and will show it's self one day.

The fact that the UK isn't in recession and the EU is must be sending you into a spin, especially when all the Mystic Megs in the world said the UK would go into recession and the EU wouldn't.

The fact that you put so much truck on being part of a corrupt cartel is beyond me, especially when we are now free to trade with whom we wish. Our GDP is higher than 2019
The graph below shows how the UK was moving away from the EU years before the vote ever took place.

That's the 2015 position https://ukandeu.ac.uk/explainers/trade-the-numbers/  

Hasn't gone swimmingly since has it

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 10, 2023, 11:03:55 AM
Pappy likes being poor and without failure he would have nothing to strive for :)
Fortunately I am not poor, but plenty of people are  poor  due to the failures of the Tory Government since May 2010.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on June 09, 2023, 02:26:22 PM
This thread is not about poverty so take it somewhere else please.

Pappy likes being poor and without failure he would have nothing to strive for :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 09, 2023, 08:15:08 PM
No brexit had quite a large effect *on the UK*. That effect has been concealed and co-mingled with the other 2 events but is still there. Brexiters got lucky that these two things hit just when they needed a convenient scapegoat.

But, whilst the brexit effect is fairly large for the UK, it hasn't been large for the world economy, especially in comparison to the other 2 events.

The UK is now navigating the uncertain and choppy waters of the 2020's with a hole below the waterline. Not enough to sink us, but enough to slow us down.
As per the definition below, if Brexit is being concealed, how do you know it is doing anything?
Also, the UK's peaks and troughs exactly mirror all other countries in Europe, how do you explain that? This is some kind of strange faith that you Remainers keep praying will show it's self. It hasn't manifested it's self yet but you keep the faith that it is there and will show it's self one day.

The fact that the UK isn't in recession and the EU is must be sending you into a spin, especially when all the Mystic Megs in the world said the UK would go into recession and the EU wouldn't.

The fact that you put so much truck on being part of a corrupt cartel is beyond me, especially when we are now free to trade with whom we wish. Our GDP is higher than 2019
The graph below shows how the UK was moving away from the EU years before the vote ever took place.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 09, 2023, 10:52:15 AM
So as I've been saying for  2 years, Brexit, even if it had a slight affect will not be seen, there are 2 huge events eclipsing it.
No brexit had quite a large effect *on the UK*. That effect has been concealed and co-mingled with the other 2 events but is still there. Brexiters got lucky that these two things hit just when they needed a convenient scapegoat.

But, whilst the brexit effect is fairly large for the UK, it hasn't been large for the world economy, especially in comparison to the other 2 events.

The UK is now navigating the uncertain and choppy waters of the 2020's with a hole below the waterline. Not enough to sink us, but enough to slow us down.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 09, 2023, 06:45:07 PM
Well you've clearly been informed, is it from some nobody on the quay, a French official announcement or have you just made it up? You must know where you've got the info from?
The merchant who buys from local fishermen to export to France and Spain. (They don't  know why themselves yet, it has only just happened.) 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2023, 05:24:09 PM
How would I know, the stopping of the export of Spider Crab is VERY recent. The French are not taking any. Reason not known at this time.
Well you've clearly been informed, is it from some nobody on the quay, a French official announcement or have you just made it up? You must know where you've got the info from?