Still waiting for those benefits.

Started by BeElBeeBub, June 07, 2023, 06:10:14 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2023, 06:04:07 AM
No, our non-EU trade is bigger than our EU trade, the EU is only 45% of our combined trade and getting smaller every year.  . . .
Complete fiction ^   see the actual ONS data (and not junk from KipperWiki)

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2023, 06:04:07 AM
No, our non-EU trade is bigger than our EU trade, the EU is only 45% of our combined trade and getting smaller every year. We will be a member of CPTPP this year, a block that is already bigger than the EU and China has applied to join.
But the EU is still the biggest amount of trade that another block or country. As for the CPTPP there are aspects of it that would worsen the standards of food and animal welfare in Britain, will not have the same rigorous pesticide/herbicide controls. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 09:35:59 PM
But us is still by a very long way the biggest amount of trade Britain does.
No, our non-EU trade is bigger than our EU trade, the EU is only 45% of our combined trade and getting smaller every year. We will be a member of CPTPP this year, a block that is already bigger than the EU and China has applied to join.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 09:33:47 PM
No, MY point is that the U.K. combined trade with the EU has been falling since 2012.
But us is still by a very long way the biggest amount of trade Britain does.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 11:21:22 AM
The point being Britain trades far more with the EU than anyone else.
No, MY point is that the U.K. combined trade with the EU has been falling since 2012. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 02:35:37 PM
No one forced you to post that snide 'Maybe I should have said for those that want work its out there' you knew what you were doing and it places you firmly in the same cess pit as the worst DM readers and writers.
Not sure if thats an insult or a compliment ,I'll take it as the latter , thanks . 
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 02:35:37 PM
Labour closed a small number of Remploy factories but it was the Tories that pulled the rug leading to complete closure in 2012.  They also were the ones that closed the Independent Living Fund that helped many disabled get into jobs.
Peter Hain and Blair wanted to close  all remploy factories with only pressure from the TUC saving some of them . I mentioned it as you had used Remploy to state  'Its detruction by this toxic government' which is false given that Labour were complicit in starting the closers with the coalition government finishing them off .  By the time the tories took over on their own they were gone 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 01:22:16 PM
Nowt to do with me , I don't use newspapers as final reference nor for that matter am I mean at heart You do know it was the Labour party that started the closer of  Remploy don't you ?

As I say though  I was refering to those who can not those who can't or even the special cases like the disabled who I would agree need extra help . Its actually something Im very aware of having a family member who spent many years finding jobs for disabled people .

What didn't fly past me was that you were making stuff up  . Anyway here are the figures ,look pretty good to me

Labour market overview, UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)
No one forced you to post that snide 'Maybe I should have said for those that want work its out there' you knew what you were doing and it places you firmly in the same cess pit as the worst DM readers and writers.

Labour closed a small number of Remploy factories but it was the Tories that pulled the rug leading to complete closure in 2012.  They also were the ones that closed the Independent Living Fund that helped many disabled get into jobs.

And it seems to have flown right past you that in that post 70 I gave full links for the figures I used so ironically the 'making stuff up' was by you making the accusation

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2023, 10:53:11 AM.....
The graph below shows how the UK was moving away from the EU years before the vote ever took place.

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 11:19:55 AM
I'm talking about the balance of EU versus World trade, that's what my graph shows, not the balance between import and export.

The graph you posted doesn't show that at all. It shows the balance of trade (a specific term that means exports-imports) with EU and nonEU countries.

That statistic has absolutely nothing to do with the balance of EU Vs World trade.

As late as 2017, the EU represented 50% of the UK's total trade.
Countries which we traded via an EU deal another 15%
For context, the world's two other super economies, US and China represented 20% combined.

Whichever way you slice it the EU was (and still is) by far and away our biggest and most important partner

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 11:58:32 AM
Oh that foul idiocy again.  The Daily Misery finds a handful of workshys and the mean at heart will gleefully pretend that all the unemployed are same.  Appalling SW
Nowt to do with me , I don't use newspapers as final reference nor for that matter am I mean at heart 

So you say and even that's to miss the point.  This toxic government with its destruction of Remploy, killing off of the ILF and idiot mindset over NMW has massively killed employment for those with long term conditions.  And they don't have jobs but would want them IE they are unemployed
You do know it was the Labour party that started the closer of  Remploy don't you ? 

As I say though  I was refering to those who can not those who can't or even the special cases like the disabled who I would agree need extra help . Its actually something Im very aware of having a family member who spent many years finding jobs for disabled people .
So it flew past you that it was an allegory applying your thinking to another topic to show just how wrong that thinking was?

I doubt it, you knew full well how it showed up your position to be false.  We do NOT have full employment, we are nowhere near it and anyone pretending we have just wants to discount nearly 1 in 15 of the UK as if they are non humans.  Disgusting
What didn't fly past me was that you were making stuff up  . Anyway here are the figures ,look pretty good to me 

Labour market overview, UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 11:21:12 AM
The balance between EU trade and World trade has shifted enormously.
Not really, it's moved a little and the continued rise of China and the like was always going to mean that developed countries trade growth was going to be more with the non developed nations (all of which are outside the EU)

As Papasmurf says, the EU is still our biggest trading partner.  It's also our prime source of the affordable foods we need to import and was the best market for our financial services and high end goods.  To somehow pretend the UK should just ignore all that and focus instead on highly unstable and in many cases hostile countries is bonkers.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 10:07:57 AM
Maybe I should have said for those that want work its out there  . . .
Oh that foul idiocy again.  The Daily Misery finds a handful of workshys and the mean at heart will gleefully pretend that all the unemployed are same.  Appalling SW

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 10:07:57 AM
. . .I was refering to those who can . . .
So you say and even that's to miss the point.  This toxic government with its destruction of Remploy, killing off of the ILF and idiot mindset over NMW has massively killed employment for those with long term conditions.  And they don't have jobs but would want them IE they are unemployed

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 10:07:57 AM. . Never heard anyone say that
So it flew past you that it was an allegory applying your thinking to another topic to show just how wrong that thinking was?

I doubt it, you knew full well how it showed up your position to be false.  We do NOT have full employment, we are nowhere near it and anyone pretending we have just wants to discount nearly 1 in 15 of the UK as if they are non humans.  Disgusting

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 11:19:55 AM
I'm talking about the balance of EU versus World trade, that's what my graph shows, not the balance between import and export.
The point being Britain trades far more with the EU than anyone else.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on June 15, 2023, 10:30:39 AM
The continued importance of UK/EU trade is pretty clear.

Both imports and exports have been growing steadily since 1999 (and before)

The fact the BALANCE (EXPORT - IMPORT) has been negative does not mean the EU is becoming a less important partner.

As i said, a partner can be very important even though you have a negative balance with them.
The balance between EU trade and World trade has shifted enormously.