Be Afraid , be very afraid

Started by Streetwalker, June 08, 2023, 11:04:16 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 09, 2023, 11:01:44 AM
Why do you keep throwing in bits about the military, GCHQ etc that are totally irrelevant?
They are irrelevant to you. But relevant to others.  I also move in very different social circles to you, and people I have known for a very long time have some interesting jobs, and are useful sources of information.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2023, 10:37:43 AM
Only the cadets at Grammar school. Why do you ask?
Why do you keep throwing in bits about the military, GCHQ etc that are totally irrelevant? 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 09, 2023, 10:33:04 AM
Have you ever been in the military or had military training?
Only the cadets at Grammar school. Why do you ask?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2023, 08:55:25 AM
It is VERY difficult to defend yourself against a dog attack, even with military training.
Have you ever been in the military or had military training?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 09, 2023, 08:05:41 AM
 ,when these thing go into attack mode its game over .
It is VERY difficult to defend yourself against a dog attack, even with military training.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 08, 2023, 10:36:44 PM
Dog sellers should also be more tightly controlled. All puppy farms should be shut down. Anyone selling a puppy should become liable for investigation should the puppy eventually had a person.

It should also be instilled into dog owners that no child should be left alone with a dog, no matter how docile (the child and the dog). Friends of ours have Staffie. The Kennel Club reckon them to be a good family pet, and our friends' pet gets on well with children. But they do not leave their young kids alone with the dog...
All good advice Posty 

The point is these are not normal dogs , the article refers to a child mauled to death in front of her parents ,adult males not strong enough to defend themselves ,following your rules wont save you or your kids , they wont save you ,when these thing go into attack mode its game over .

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 08, 2023, 10:36:44 PM

It should also be instilled into dog owners that no child should be left alone with a dog, 
I would not let teenagers alone with a dog either. 

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2023, 01:25:08 PM
It should be illegal to own any dog without third party insurance. (I also think a license for dog ownership should be introduced which require checks and training as to suitability. (Most dog rescue centres check potential owners for suitability.)
Dog sellers should also be more tightly controlled. All puppy farms should be shut down. Anyone selling a puppy should become liable for investigation should the puppy eventually had a person.

It should also be instilled into dog owners that no child should be left alone with a dog, no matter how docile (the child and the dog). Friends of ours have Staffie. The Kennel Club reckon them to be a good family pet, and our friends' pet gets on well with children. But they do not leave their young kids alone with the dog...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2023, 07:56:03 PM
I don't use emoticons because a number of people I am in contact with have assistive technology, and emoticons confuse the software.
The point is it seems you're too thick to understand them either so thought it funny to throw that unprovoked insult.  

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 08, 2023, 07:37:50 PM
Unlike you I understand a ;) emoji just fine. 

Here's the book you need

I don't use emoticons because a number of people I am in contact with have assistive technology, and emoticons confuse the software. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2023, 06:11:38 PM
Comprehension not you strong point?
Unlike you I understand a ;) emoji just fine.   

Here's the book you need 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 08, 2023, 05:58:08 PM
When you say the dog had three small children was that in an afternoon snack sort of way or some carnal horror? ;)
Comprehension not you strong point?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2023, 05:40:17 PM
One of my relatives used to have a dog that look quite capable of biting through a rail track, he had at the time three small children.
When you say the dog had three small children was that in an afternoon snack sort of way or some carnal horror? ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 08, 2023, 05:32:26 PM
Indeed its why the article caught my attention . When I see young girls with kids in a pushchair being dragged along the road by these Bully things I just wonder if they will be lucky enough to avoid the worst senario's .
One of my relatives used to have a dog that look quite capable of biting through a rail track, he had at the time three small children.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 08, 2023, 11:28:29 AM
Where I live there seems to be a competition along the lines of I can own a bigger dog than you.
However frankly ANY dog can be dangerous. The difference being size and power. (Some of the very large breeds can bite with a pressure of 400PSI.)
There is a large difference between being bitten by a Pekingese and by a Boerboel.
I have also found the large dogs seem to be more intelligent than the owners.
Indeed its why the article caught my attention . When I see young girls with kids in a pushchair being dragged along the road by these Bully things I just wonder if they will be lucky enough to avoid the worst senario's .