Be Afraid , be very afraid

Started by Streetwalker, June 08, 2023, 11:04:16 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 08, 2023, 01:20:25 PM
Should be illegal to own a dog over 10kg without having third party insurance
It should be illegal to own any dog without third party insurance. (I also think a license for dog ownership should be introduced which require checks and training as to suitability. (Most dog rescue centres check potential owners for suitability.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Should be illegal to own a dog over 10kg without having third party insurance

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 08, 2023, 11:04:16 AM
American Bully XL: The killer breed behind record number of fatal dog attacks | Daily Mail Online

Ive never been a fan of  status symbol dogs but at least in the past they were dogs that could trained to a degree and were really no more dangerous than any other .
The banned breeds list took the worst offenders out of the general market ,the XL Bully needs adding to it

Where I live there seems to be a competition along the lines of I can own a bigger dog than you.
However frankly ANY dog can be dangerous. The difference being size and power. (Some of the very large breeds can bite with a pressure of 400PSI.)
There is a large difference between being bitten by a Pekingese and by a Boerboel.
I have also found the large dogs seem to be more intelligent than the owners.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

American Bully XL: The killer breed behind record number of fatal dog attacks | Daily Mail Online

There was a young girl on a local facelook page the other day asking for help in training her XL bully . Within hours there were numerous replies of so called experts who had these dogs locally ,one even claiming to own 3 that walk with her (she looks about 19 and 7 stone soaking wet ) off the lead as if that was some sort of claim that they were 'trained'
How the hell she is going to be in charge of any situation that developes is easy to answer , she isn't .

Ive never been a fan of  status symbol dogs but at least in the past they were dogs that could trained to a degree and were really no more dangerous than any other . 
The banned breeds list took the worst offenders out of the general market ,the XL Bully needs adding to it