Nadine Dorries: stands down as Tory MP with immediate effect.

Started by papasmurf, June 09, 2023, 06:04:07 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 11, 2023, 04:49:17 PM

Has she applied for the Chiltern Hundreds ?

No news as far as I am aware about that. (Yet.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

So, coming back to the actual subject this thread was about

Has she applied for the Chiltern Hundreds ?

Have you seen how many utter criminals have been handed that Office Of Profit under the Crown...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 11, 2023, 04:23:48 AM
Dunno, Pappy has already said that he is doing very nicely thank you very much. So if he is dodging paying his taxes, maybe the rest of his rich mates are doing the same thing :)
Borchester stop lying about me, another post of your for the file. I merely stated I am not poor. I have NEVER dodged any taxes and I do not have any rich mates.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2023, 07:38:53 PM
A statement you cannot backup, so another irrelevant post.

Dunno, Pappy has already said that he is doing very nicely thank you very much. So if he is dodging paying his taxes, maybe the rest of his rich mates are doing the same thing :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 10, 2023, 07:21:35 PM
Surely you mean of the people who actually pay their correct taxes in this country?

I'm not arguing though — it's probably true that the highest earners paying the highest taxes that are putting a hefty whack — but there are some murky arrangements around to which moderately-wealthy do not have access...
And as you are most likely aware of, the top 1% earners in the U.K. pay 35% of all tax into the coffers. A stat that Labour fail to recognise every time they get into power and bankrupt the country. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2023, 07:01:09 PM
Far too many of the very rich  pay no taxes.
A statement you cannot backup, so another irrelevant post. 

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2023, 06:49:44 PM
You mean the people that pay the majority of taxes in this country?
Not the limp wristed liberals who's first question when they exit the womb is what can this country do for me.
Surely you mean of the people who actually pay their correct taxes in this country?

I'm not arguing though — it's probably true that the highest earners paying the highest taxes that are putting a hefty whack — but there are some murky arrangements around to which moderately-wealthy do not have access...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2023, 06:49:44 PM
Not the limp wristed liberals who's first question when they exit the womb is what can this country do for me.
Far too many of the very rich  pay no taxes.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2023, 08:25:01 AM
GB News seems to be a rest home for rabid right wingers.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2023, 08:25:01 AM
GB News seems to be a rest home for rabid right wingers.
But the few times I've caught GB News studio discussions with a sort of audience, I've noticed we're able to see many of their off-screen staff.

But that's probably because getting members of the public into the studio would seriously deplete their viewing figures...

Oooops, forgot, must keep on track!     Dorries — good riddance — if only a few more would follow her example!!!
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

papasmurf

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2023, 07:27:47 PM
Quite. But I expect she will get a permanent place on GB News.
And ?

if she does she won't be a drain on any public purse will she ? The only people paying her salary will be those buying products advertised on the channel
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 09, 2023, 07:26:14 PM
Nadine Dorries what a self serving, dimwitted, vain, lying, lazy, expenses fiddling, sad lusting after Boris piece of trash. 

Hopefully she will never darken our screens again

Quite. But I expect she will get a permanent place on GB News.