Boris Johnson: stands down as Tory MP with immediate effect

Started by Streetwalker, June 09, 2023, 09:19:25 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 10, 2023, 02:31:27 PM
PS: Another interesting snippet is that among Johnson's retirement awards is a gong for his hairdresser — would that be compensation for having to admit they're Boris's Barber...?
The things a farce posty . I reckon Johnson has just decided to join in . If you can get chased out elected office for eating cake by the champion of child sex abuse (Harman) then I guess on the grand scale of things a gong for your barber is pretty irrelevent 

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on June 11, 2023, 07:08:52 PM
Never mind doing the Smurf and trying to wriggle out of a question. Give an example.

Pappy has it on very good authority (ie this morning's edition of the Zog Times) that, due to Tory malevolence, we are all about to starve to death. Indeed, due to his refusal to take his coat off for anyone including himself, Pappy has already forestalled the Conservative plot by dying of want
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 11, 2023, 06:22:03 PM
All sorts of disaster, life changing incident. As the saying goes:- "it could be you."
Never mind doing the Smurf and trying to wriggle out of a question. Give an example. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 11, 2023, 04:35:10 PM
What disaster?
All sorts of disaster, life changing incident. As the saying goes:- "it could be you."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 11, 2023, 02:55:45 PM
If you ever took notice of what people say you'd no that ole Borky has a few properties in the London area, so I'm guessing he's doing ok.
That does not make him immune from disaster.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 11, 2023, 02:30:14 PM
I am afraid your I am alright Jack attitude does not make you immune from disaster.
If you ever took notice of what people say you'd no that ole Borky has a few properties in the London area, so I'm guessing he's doing ok.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on June 11, 2023, 02:10:06 PM
Dunno why you say that Pappy.

I am doing ok and you love failure and low calorie spite, so what is there not to like :)
I am afraid your I am alright Jack attitude does not make you immune from disaster.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 11, 2023, 10:36:27 AM
"May you live in interesting times" allegedly an ancient Chinese curse.
Frankly we are cursed. The country going to hell in a hand-cart. The Tory party fighting like cats in a sack, and totally ignoring the electorate and the ever deepening problems.

Dunno why you say that Pappy.

I am doing ok and you love failure and low calorie spite, so what is there not to like :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

"May you live in interesting times" allegedly an ancient Chinese curse.
Frankly we are cursed. The country going to hell in a hand-cart. The Tory party fighting like cats in a sack, and totally ignoring the electorate and the ever deepening problems.

HDQQ

The thing is now that all this Boris Johnson hoo-haa and Tory Party chaos has developed a life of its own and has nothing to do with dealing with the current problems facing British people.
Johnson and his party caused some of the problems in the first place, particularly the damage to our economy and society caused by Brexit, but now they're just bickering about internal party issues.

The Tory Party hasn't got much hope of winning the next election and if Johnson makes a comeback that'll reduce the chances even more. He might be popular with a portion of the party's grass roots but they'd vote Tory anyway. I remember saying on here that a Tory party led by Johnson could never win a general election. I was wrong on that, but the election he won in 2019 was a single issue one, effectively a second referendum on our EU membership. The problems that are likely to become the main issues in the next election have been caused by the Tories so it doesn't look good for them.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 10, 2023, 11:06:28 AM
I didn't post the OP, I can back every word of my first post in this thread
I didn't say THE OP, I said YOUR OP. And, no, you're not living up to it. I don't expect it, but if you're going to post a statement like that then you need to stand by it. 

Streetwalker

patman post

Interesting that Boris got his resignation letter into the public domain some 48 hours before the report about him and any decision is made.

He's still popular with plenty of people, and I heard a resident of Henley on Times Radio this morning say they'd love him back down there.

The Tories appear to be living up to past form by tearing themselves to pieces after a long spell in power — eg, 1951-64, and 1979-97.  Sunak seems to have an impossible job to keep them focused on winning the next election. And one made harder by Johnson lobbing grenades in.

PS: Another interesting snippet is that among Johnson's retirement awards is a gong for his hairdresser — would that be compensation for having to admit they're Boris's Barber...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2023, 01:56:34 PM
Frankly any Tory MP supporting Boris will be tainted, come the General Election

Oh God, you aren't going to report them to the mods are you Pappy?

Algerie Francais !