The military personnel turning to food banks as cost of living crisis hits

Started by papasmurf, June 12, 2023, 01:09:14 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 11:14:05 AM
Visa Waiver was put into law in 1985 so in 1986 you didn't need one. And on a flight to Canada you won't have even been given a VW form or an I94W.
And now you've overstepped yourself 

Visa Waiver was passed in 1986 (not 1985) giving then the DofS the power to gradually implement, I believe it wasn't applied to UK passport holders until 1988.  

I suggest it's likely PS was given that advice by some idiot and was unwise to follow it.  USA border staff can issue temporary visas on the spot in extraordinary circumstances which a plane diversion would be

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 11:14:05 AM
Visa Waiver was put into law in 1985 so in 1986 you didn't need one. And on a flight to Canada you won't have even been given a VW form or an I94W.
I am NOT interested Nick. I had to contact Devon and Cornwall Police for them to provide the evidence needed for me to get a visa.
I answer official questions honestly. I suspect that you have not been caught out yet.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 11:12:23 AM
You weren't going to the States, you were going to Canada.
Nick I merely complied with what was requested, I am NOT interested in your what is frankly ignorance.
Is they ANY chance of you getting back to the subject in the thread header.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 10:53:31 AMThe visa requirement for the USA dates from July 1, 1924.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 10:53:31 AMI did, but people as pure as the driven snow did not, unless they lied.
You weren't going to the States, you were going to Canada.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 10:51:58 AM
First off, you didn't need a Visa to enter the US in 1986, they were using the VWP.
I did, but people as pure as the driven snow did not, unless they lied.

The visa requirement for the USA dates from July 1, 1924.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 10:40:23 AM
It was not a Canadian form. It was also back in 1986.
First off, you didn't need a Visa to enter the US in 1986, they were using the VWP.
Secondly, you've changed your story: originally it was because you didn't want to get arrested for entering the US without a Visa if your flight was diverted, now it's because you have some kind of Criminal record. They ask you about your criminal record when you apply for a visa, they don't ask you to get a Visa because you have one. They wouldn't give you a Visa if you had one. lol lol
Thirdly, you would you be filling out US forms to travel to Canada? You do know it's a different country? lol Why not get a Chinese Visa just in case the plane got lost?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 10:33:52 AM
You should be able to tell me which Canadian form it was that asked you to get a US Visa.
It was not a Canadian form. It was also back in 1986. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 07:36:25 AM
I am NOT interested Nick, I was requested on the forms I had to fill  out to apply for visa for the USA because of my past history, that still applies. I had to explain in detail with evidence about an incident in my past. You being as pure as the driven snow will not be effected. (Assuming you have not lied on forms.)
You should be able to tell me which Canadian form it was that asked you to get a US Visa.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 05:48:31 AM
I know the regulations, I have had many US visa's. L1, B1 in lieu of H1B, in fact I have an appointment at the US embassy on the 23rd of this month.
We are not talking about US immigration, we are talking about Canada, which was your intended destination, and there is no requirement for ANYONE to have a US Visa just in case they got diverted, you are lying out of your arse and everyone on here knows it.

Harry will most likely get deported because he has lied on his Visa application, you didn't need a US Visa, and certainly would not have been given one just in case, absolute bollocks.

Show the regulation that requires someone travelling to Canada to have a US Visa just in case they get diverted.
I am NOT interested Nick, I was requested on the forms I had to fill  out to apply for visa for the USA because of my past history, that still applies. I had to explain in detail with evidence about an incident in my past. You being as pure as the driven snow will not be effected. (Assuming you have not lied on forms.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 13, 2023, 11:12:56 AMNick read the regulations in depth for your bloody self.
I know the regulations, I have had many US visa's. L1, B1 in lieu of H1B, in fact I have an appointment at the US embassy on the 23rd of this month.
We are not talking about US immigration, we are talking about Canada, which was your intended destination, and there is no requirement for ANYONE to have a US Visa just in case they got diverted, you are lying out of your arse and everyone on here knows it.

Harry will most likely get deported because he has lied on his Visa application, you didn't need a US Visa, and certainly would not have been given one just in case, absolute bollocks.

Show the regulation that requires someone travelling to Canada to have a US Visa just in case they get diverted.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 12, 2023, 06:53:10 PM
You show me the regulation that means you need a US visa to board a plane for Canada.
Persistent lying is against forum rules so think carefully before you try and wriggle out of it. And hiding away for a few days won't make it go away.
Nick read the regulations in depth for your bloody self. Many countries like Canada and Australia are now just as bad. ( I was not going to lie on the form I was asked to fill out.) It is looking like Harry may get deported back to Britain because of those regulations.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: patman post on June 12, 2023, 07:14:41 PM
Britain/the UK has always been choosy how it treats its military. A few chosen oldies get to spend their twighlight years as tourist attractions in red, while others get chucked out with PTSD to live on the streets. They're no longer helped to get laces and matches to sell as in the '20s and '40s.

So it's not surprising to learn our serving military's families are unable to cope any better than any others on a fixed state income...
Exactly, anyone who doesn't get to ~sergeant level isn't exactly the material that would get more than NMW on civvy street so unsurprising that they are amongst those using food banks.   No one gets conscripted into our armed forces and for many the package as a whole suits them.  But for those lower ranks well paid is isn't.

patman post

Britain/the UK has always been choosy how it treats its military. A few chosen oldies get to spend their twighlight years as tourist attractions in red, while others get chucked out with PTSD to live on the streets. They're no longer helped to get laces and matches to sell as in the '20s and '40s.

So it's not surprising to learn our serving military's families are unable to cope any better than any others on a fixed state income...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 12, 2023, 06:41:51 PM
Nick none of those deployments lasted several years continuously. Nurses have been doing 8-12hours shifts and more because there are not enough of them. They have been doing since before the pandemic and continue to do so. (Something you TOTALLY fail to understand.)
Also I HAD to get the Visa or not travel. (You don't have a bloody clue.) The regulations that applied to me still do apply.
Frankly your lack of knowledge over a wide range of subjects is positively scary. It is YOU who had  a problem not me.
You show me the regulation that means you need a US visa to board a plane for Canada.
Persistent lying is against forum rules so think carefully before you try and wriggle out of it. And hiding away for a few days won't make it go away.