The military personnel turning to food banks as cost of living crisis hits

Started by papasmurf, June 12, 2023, 01:09:14 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2023, 02:04:53 PM
So what? You seem to know nothing about that one. I filled the forms out that came through the post with the tickets, from a Canadian travel agent. You can rabbit on as much as you effing like I had to have a Visa for the USA. (Oddly mine came back faster than my wife's)
I also don't care how many forms you have filled out. When did you start travelling to foreign countries?
For work I started travelling in 1985, I was in the RAF and went to Belize / British Honduras, totally irrelevant but I have been to 69 countries.

Who told you you needed a U.S. Visa when travelling to Canada?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 01:51:18 PM
And let you off the hook? No chance.
I am fully aware of what questions are on Visa forms, I have completed hundreds.
So what? You seem to know nothing about that one. I filled the forms out that came through the post with the tickets, from a Canadian travel agent. You can rabbit on as much as you effing like I had to have a Visa for the USA. (Oddly mine came back faster than my wife's)
I also don't care how many forms you have filled out. When did you start travelling to foreign countries?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2023, 01:40:46 PM
Nick you keep avoiding answering questions on forms truthfully. (It is quite simple there is one question that if you lie about it it will bite you on the arse. "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?"Visa waivers do not apply those answering that question truthfully. Evidence has to be supplied by the police, before and it a visa is granted. (That does not just apply to the USA.)

Is there ANY chance at all or you returning to the subject of the thread.
And let you off the hook? No chance.
I am fully aware of what questions are on Visa forms, I have completed hundreds. 
The fact that you are avoiding is that you were travelling to Canada and you don't need a US visa to enter Canada. And previously you said you got a US visa in case you got diverted and didn't want to be arrested. 
So answer the question, what did you put on your US visa application for reason for entering the US? 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 11:21:29 AM
Inception in 86, it was legislated in 85, but now I can't find the link I originally saw so I'm not going to argue it any more. The fact is that you can't get a US visa just in case you get diverted. They simply won't issue one.
Nick you keep avoiding answering questions on forms truthfully. (It is quite simple there is one question that if you lie about it it will bite you on the arse. "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?"Visa waivers do not apply those answering that question truthfully. Evidence has to be supplied by the police, before and it a visa is granted. (That does not just apply to the USA.)

Is there ANY chance at all or you returning to the subject of the thread.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 17, 2023, 11:18:45 AM
  Now you're outdoing Smurf in idiot iSmurfisms.  Those of us that can read can see that says 2015 and refers to much later legislation which actually revoked some aspects of Visa Waiver.

And of course I check what Wiki says.  The USA Department of Homeland Security a good enough reference for you?

https://www.dhs.gov/visa-waiver-program

'The Visa Waiver Program (VWP), administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in consultation with the State Department, permits citizens of 40 countries[1] to travel to the United States for business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days without a visa.  In return, those 40 countries must permit U.S. citizens and nationals to travel to their countries for a similar length of time without a visa for business or tourism purposes.  Since its inception in 1986, '
Inception in 86, it was legislated in 85, but now I can't find the link I originally saw so I'm not going to argue it any more. The fact is that you can't get a US visa just in case you get diverted. They simply won't issue one. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 17, 2023, 11:18:45 AM
  Now you're outdoing Smurf in idiot iSmurfisms.  Those of us that can read can see that says 2015 and refers to much later legislation which actually revoked some aspects of Visa Waiver.

And of course I check what Wiki says.  The USA Department of Homeland Security a good enough reference for you?

'The Visa Waiver Program (VWP), administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in consultation with the State Department, permits citizens of 40 countries[1] to travel to the United States for business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days without a visa.  In return, those 40 countries must permit U.S. citizens and nationals to travel to their countries for a similar length of time without a visa for business or tourism purposes.  Since its inception in 1986, '
Posted the wrong screenshot sorry lol

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 08:11:02 AM
If you use Wiki then you get wrong information. If you use the US Gov website you get correct information. And the correct information is that VWP was legislated in 1985.

And of course I check what Wiki says.   The USA Department of Homeland Security a good enough reference for you?

'The Visa Waiver Program (VWP), administered by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in consultation with the State Department, permits citizens of 40 countries[1] to travel to the United States for business or tourism for stays of up to 90 days without a visa.  In return, those 40 countries must permit U.S. citizens and nationals to travel to their countries for a similar length of time without a visa for business or tourism purposes.  Since its inception in 1986, '

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2023, 09:56:40 AM
Nick, none of that is relevant. As you are as pure as the driven snow or lie on forms, you will not even be aware. I answered a question truthfully and Devon and Cornwall Police had to provide the information required.
Not relevant? Those are the quintessential questions that the US embassy ask. I have an interview at the embassy next Friday for a B1 in lieu of H1B work Visa. I have to take my Marriage Cert, my children's Birth Cert, my Cert of incorporation, bank statements, Degree Cert as well as the D-160 form, all to prove I have a life in the U.K. and have no intention of staying in the US. You think it's irrelevant for the Embassy to ask you your reason for travel, port of entry and where you're staying. Questions you could possibly not answer, therefore you would not get a visa. FACT

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 08:51:18 AM
So what did you put for reason for entry, port of entry, address where you are staying, when you don't know? Plus, when you were interviewed they would have asked you the same questions and as soon as you said you wanted a visa in case you were diverted they would have refused there and then.
Nick, none of that is relevant. As you are as pure as the driven snow or lie on forms, you will not even be aware. I answered a question truthfully and Devon and Cornwall Police had to provide the information required.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 17, 2023, 08:23:02 AM
Nick I had to, I don't give a monkeys about your lack of knowledge. When I get sent a package of official forms to fill out I fill them out truthfully.
So what did you put for reason for entry, port of entry, address where you are staying, when you don't know? Plus, when you were interviewed they would have asked you the same questions and as soon as you said you wanted a visa in case you were diverted they would have refused there and then. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2023, 08:14:33 AM
You can be told to do all the checks in the world, the fact remains you do not apply for a visa for a country you are not going to. And the US does not issue Visa's for someone who might get diverted. And correct, I do not have a criminal record.
Nick I had to, I don't give a monkeys about your lack of knowledge. When I get sent a package of official forms to fill out I fill them out truthfully.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 02:04:10 PM
Not you as well. When I get sent documentation that requires compliance I fill it out truthfully and supply any evidence asked for. Frankly I am hacked off with Nick who knows eff all about my personal circumstances and life history.
There was a question on the documents that meant I had to get evidence from Devon and Cornwall Police or not be able to travel.
Nick is as pure as the driven snow or lies when he fills out documentation.
You can be told to do all the checks in the world, the fact remains you do not apply for a visa for a country you are not going to. And the US does not issue Visa's for someone who might get diverted. And correct, I do not have a criminal record.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 01:15:34 PM
And now you've overstepped yourself

Visa Waiver was passed in 1986 (not 1985) giving then the DofS the power to gradually implement, I believe it wasn't applied to UK passport holders until 1988. 

I suggest it's likely PS was given that advice by some idiot and was unwise to follow it.  USA border staff can issue temporary visas on the spot in extraordinary circumstances which a plane diversion would be
If you use Wiki then you get wrong information. If you use the US Gov website you get correct information. And the correct information is that VWP was legislated in 1985. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 01:15:34 PM

I suggest it's likely PS was given that advice by some idiot and was unwise to follow it.  
Not you as well. When I get sent documentation that requires compliance I fill it out truthfully and supply any evidence asked for. Frankly I am hacked off with Nick who knows eff all about my personal circumstances and life history.
There was a question on the documents that meant I had to get evidence from Devon and Cornwall Police or not be able to travel.
Nick is as pure as the driven snow or lies when he fills out documentation.