The Borage Party

Started by Nick, June 12, 2023, 06:56:46 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on June 15, 2023, 03:53:49 PM
Far right, Naaah.  That's just name-calling.  He is elitist.  Hitler is laughing from his grave at the thought of Farage being far-right.
He is far right, and very nasty with it. (When he was a political party leader the manifesto was far right.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 10:46:07 AM
He is still a smarmy git. Far right and very nasty.

Far right, Naaah.  That's just name-calling.  He is elitist.  Hitler is laughing from his grave at the thought of Farage being far-right.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 10:41:50 AM
No he's not . You may not agree with anything he says (who does ?)  but Farage has always played it with a striaght bat .

Nige likes old Jaguars , you probably couldnt find the petrol for one down your end so no worries .
The inventor of the £350M a week lie has 'always played it with a straight bat'?

Oh SW you do tell them 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 10:41:50 AM
No he's not . You may not agree with anything he says (who does ?)  but Farage has always played it with a striaght bat .

Nige likes old Jaguars , you probably couldnt find the petrol for one down your end so no worries .
He is still a smarmy git. Far right and very nasty.

I have never wanted a large car, in any case a Jag would not fit in my garage.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 07:38:24 AM
Farage is a smarmy git, I would not buy a used car from.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 on June 14, 2023, 10:59:27 PM
If ever you needed evidence of Farage being a corporate elitist puppet, look no further than a Boris Farage party.  
Farage is a smarmy git, I would not buy a used car from.

Scott777

If ever you needed evidence of Farage being a corporate elitist puppet, look no further than a Boris Farage party.  Boris showed who he serves, and it certainly isn't Brexit voters.  During the pandemic, he had Bill Gates's hand so far up his arse, a pink sweater was poking out his mouth.  It isn't just a coincidence that Farage also frothed at the mouth at the idea of getting everyone vaccinated, with the help of Tony Blair.  As did Farage's buddies in the Reform Party, Tice and Bull.  A Boris-Farage party only confirms Farage is a conman when it comes to Brexit.  He will keep immigration going as much as he can, while lying through his teeth that he is trying to keep it down.  Just like Boris.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 13, 2023, 06:15:20 AM
I just don't see Johnson being anything but a right of center conservative.

Boris, conservative?  After lockdown, mass testing, tracking and tracing, vaccination, and free money for Zelensky and tons of immigrants?  He seems to be good at conserving his hair.  Certainly not money.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 13, 2023, 12:42:37 PM
I've concluded, over the 25 or so years since leaving school, that the majority of the UK electorate are moderate, and don't go for the extremes of Right or Left. When Labour went a bit Hard Left this prompted the formation of the SDP — but as the party-faithful didn't like what they saw as disloyalty, the SDP failed and was eventually "absorbed" by the Libs.

The more savvy extremes realise they're not liked by the majority and try to hide themselves in either the Conservatives or Labour, where they form their Right or Left fringes. The two main parties know this, but excuse it by claiming to be "broad churches".

Given the lack of success in winning parliamentary seats by new parties under their own names (perhaps, excepting one Green and the renamed LibDems), I'd be surprised to see a new party emerge and win seats at the next general election.

As for a Borage party — it could be aptly named: Borage's flower and leaves can be used for depression and increase urine flow...
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-596/borage
I would agree with tone of that but would suggest the majority of the electorate would move to the right rather than the centre  left where the mainstream parties are going . As Nigel suggests , there is a gapeing hole in British politics for right wingers like myself 
I hope its filled soon by the moderate right  because it wont be too long before a more extreme right fills the gap and if thats the only option to centre left Con /Lab/Lib then so be it .

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 13, 2023, 11:13:57 AM
The problem with filling the gap of centre right politics is convincing enough people to make the jump from the safety of centurist parties .  Kippers had been encouraging various politico's to come over for years without success , even the most eurosceptic of them prefering their cosy jobs and the line of best fighting the issues from within . They were reformists rather than leavers .
It was only when the public vote swung in favour of leave in the 2015 eu/mep  elections that a few of them ,Johnson in particular found they could support leave from the comfort of safe seats in Westminster .

As I say ,I dont see him getting into bed with Reform , he is a Tory and would run as an independent tory if he ran at all
I've concluded, over the 25 or so years since leaving school, that the majority of the UK electorate are moderate, and don't go for the extremes of Right or Left. When Labour went a bit Hard Left this prompted the formation of the SDP — but as the party-faithful didn't like what they saw as disloyalty, the SDP failed and was eventually "absorbed" by the Libs.

The more savvy extremes realise they're not liked by the majority and try to hide themselves in either the Conservatives or Labour, where they form their Right or Left fringes. The two main parties know this, but excuse it by claiming to be "broad churches".

Given the lack of success in winning parliamentary seats by new parties under their own names (perhaps, excepting one Green and the renamed LibDems), I'd be surprised to see a new party emerge and win seats at the next general election.

As for a Borage party — it could be aptly named: Borage's flower and leaves can be used for depression and increase urine flow...
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-596/borage

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 13, 2023, 11:13:57 AM
The problem with filling the gap of centre right politics is convincing enough people to make the jump from the safety of centurist parties .  Kippers had been encouraging various politico's to come over for years without success , even the most eurosceptic of them prefering their cosy jobs and the line of best fighting the issues from within . They were reformists rather than leavers .
It was only when the public vote swung in favour of leave in the 2015 eu/mep  elections that a few of them ,Johnson in particular found they could support leave from the comfort of safe seats in Westminster .

As I say ,I dont see him getting into bed with Reform , he is a Tory and would run as an independent tory if he ran at all

As said, new parties have a sod of a job getting started and I can't see Boris pulling it off. But I think that he will give it his best shot and give us laugh along the way.

Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 13, 2023, 09:23:52 AM
This whole Borage story seems to be a figment of the imaginations of old Kippers (which of course Farage is one)
It was only when the public vote swung in favour of leave in the 2015 eu/mep  elections that a few of them ,Johnson in particular found they could support leave from the comfort of safe seats in Westminster .

Unlucky4Sum

This whole Borage story seems to be a figment of the imaginations of old Kippers (which of course Farage is one) 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on June 13, 2023, 06:22:40 AM
Ole Nige seems fairly confident that there's something in it, might put Richard Rice's nose out of joint though.
Farage used to be confident he had tory 'names' coming over to UKIP years ago . In the event he got a couple of minor backbenchers . Im sure Tice would see the benefit of Johnson in Reform , he knows how to win which sadly the current candidates don't . 

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 13, 2023, 06:15:20 AM
Stranger things have happened I suppose but I just don't see Johnson being anything but a right of center conservative which isnt far enough right to fill the gap in British politics .
Ole Nige seems fairly confident that there's something in it, might put Richard Rice's nose out of joint though. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.