The Borage Party

Started by Nick, June 12, 2023, 06:56:46 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 10:22:03 PM
Appologise I missed it .  That was the full manifesto . I dont recall anything about banning tobbaco but in all that rather generous manifesto you complain of whats not in it and find  a comment  about a lifestyle choice which basically says if your swinging the lead you wont be getting any benefits . 

So no mention of investment in food banks , returning dissability assesment to GPs or supporting carers as well as honouring the tripple lock  for pensioners, a military covenant (no more service men down the foodbank) ,more funding on social care affordable housing for local people . No you pick up on a comment that being on the social is not a lifestyle choice and  you find it nasty
''UKIP is fully committed to providing a safety net to those who fall on hard times and those seriously ill and unable to work ''
You need to go and have a lie down Papa Butt Kick
That is the second version of that manisfesto. I suspect UKIP got complaints from it own members about the original. (Even Farage disowned the first one.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 06:38:16 PM
I could not find the full manifesto. That link appears to show an edited version after the protests about aspects of the original.
No mention of banning tobacco from claimants, no mention of removing all equality legislation, the nasty comment about benefits as a lifestyle choice still included.
Appologise I missed it .  That was the full manifesto . I dont recall anything about banning tobbaco but in all that rather generous manifesto you complain of whats not in it and find  a comment  about a lifestyle choice which basically says if your swinging the lead you wont be getting any benefits . 

So no mention of investment in food banks , returning dissability assesment to GPs or supporting carers as well as honouring the tripple lock  for pensioners, a military covenant (no more service men down the foodbank) ,more funding on social care affordable housing for local people . No you pick up on a comment that being on the social is not a lifestyle choice and  you find it nasty 
''UKIP is fully committed to providing a safety net to those who fall on hard times and those seriously ill and unable to work ''
You need to go and have a lie down Papa Butt Kick

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 09:43:22 PM
So no nasty policies then ? (thats a question )
That has been answered.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 09:27:15 PM
With no question mark it is a statement.
So no nasty policies then ? (thats a question ) 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 09:29:22 PM
Ok, you give me a sentence starting with why not that is a statement.
No question mark it isn't a question.

The Boris Johnson Brexit Bus Lie of £350m - Conversion Uplift (conversion-uplift.co.uk)

The Boris Johnson Brexit Bus Lie:

The Boris Johnson Brexit bus lie that the NHS would get an extra £350m a week was one of the most contentious issues of the 2016, EU referendum campaign. Along with "Turkey is joining the EU", the claim that the UK sends £350m a week to the EU. That money could instead be spent on the NHS created much debate during and after the referendum result.
1. On the side of the Brexit bus:
Dominic Cummings, the Campaign Director of Vote Leave, who came up with the 'Take back control' slogan, also wanted to capitalise on concerns about funding for the NHS. Cummings knew the NHS was something many voters cared deeply about and proposed a slogan for this purpose. "We send the EU £350 million a week, let's fund our NHS instead".
The slogan was then put on the side of the official Vote Leave campaign bus. Johnson, Michael Gove and other Leave campaigners claimed the £350m figure represented funds that the UK did not have control over as a result of having to pay for membership of the EU. It was explicitly claimed this money could redirected to the NHS instead.
2. Why is the £350m a week for the NHS a lie?
The Boris Johnson Brexit bus lie of £350 a week for the NHS is misleading and false for two reasons.

• Firstly, the figure does not include the rebate negotiated by Margaret Thatcher. Which was taken off the UK's membership fee before it was paid to the EU.
  • Secondly, it does not allow for any funding that flows back from the EU (e.g. income for farmers as part of the Common Agriculture Policy and regional investments for deprived areas). The Leave campaign promised that farmers would not be worse off as a result of Brexit. There was no way all the money sent to the EU could ever be directed to the NHS instead.
We could also add that because Conservative government had been underfunding the NHS since 2010, the government should have been increasing investment in the NHS to make up for the historically low levels of funding. However, because the Remain campaign was led by David Cameron, who was responsible for the policy of underfunding. No attention was given to this as a reason why the NHS was in need of additional money.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 09:27:15 PM
Ok, you give me a sentence starting with why not that is a statement. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 09:19:14 PM
It says why not, this is a question.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 07:35:30 PM
I think there was some confusion in the press reports  when he said what we send to the EU and what being in the EU costs us . Obviously two different amounts . The £55 million a day  was the estimate of what it costs the UK in actual costs and lost revenue ,the £350 a week we send was the amount before the rebate .We actually sent about £250M

But we all knew that didnt we ?

Well, I am glad that we have stopped sending anything to the EU, but if Unlucky4Sum want to gives his mates in the EU some of his cash, well, he is free to do so. :)

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 08:41:56 PM
Where is the question mark? It looks more like a promise.
It says why not, this is a question. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 15, 2023, 08:24:04 PM

That was the Boris bus nothing whatsoever to do with Farage 

How did you get on with the manifesto I sent . Did you find any nasty policies to report on ?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 08:22:10 PM
Something like a third of the electorate still didn't all know that the year after the referendum. 

And Farage was gobbing off during the campaign about it being £55M a day  (That's £385M a week)
Well he was right in a way , When the EU gave us the rebate it came with instruction on how we should spend it . That was not always to the delight of the UK government . Im no accountant I dont know who spent what on what but even at £250 million a week that would be £250M a week too much

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2023, 08:38:06 PM
The bus slogan was a question, how can it be a lie?
Where is the question mark? It looks more like a promise.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 12:40:28 PM
The inventor of the £350M a week lie has 'always played it with a straight bat'?

Oh SW you do tell them

The bus slogan was a question, how can it be a lie?

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on June 15, 2023, 08:22:10 PM
Something like a third of the electorate still didn't all know that the year after the referendum. 

And Farage was gobbing off during the campaign about it being £55M a day  (That's £385M a week)

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 15, 2023, 07:35:30 PM
I think there was some confusion in the press reports  when he said what we send to the EU and what being in the EU costs us . Obviously two different amounts . The £55 million a day  was the estimate of what it costs the UK in actual costs and lost revenue ,the £350 a week we send was the amount before the rebate .We actually sent about £250M

But we all knew that didn't we ?

And Farage was gobbing off during the campaign about it being £55M a day   (That's £385M a week)