Meatless Farm: Vegan mince firm on brink of collapse

Started by papasmurf, June 13, 2023, 01:53:55 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on June 13, 2023, 03:03:03 PM
I went to an OU Summer school some years ago and getting food in the canteen was a nightmare until someone suggested there was never a queue in the Vegan canteen. I ate vegan for a few days but I ended up with flatulence so bad I could not stand it myself.
I quickly found the veggie queue at the BT canteen was a fifth the size of the other but after a fortnight of asking 'oh, one more thing, can i have some bacon on that as an extra i got told not to come back

so my boss took me back and did the same. Well he wanted bacon AND sausages.

and got them

but back to my student days and veggie catering. 

the only religion allowed to have any sort of presence in the university chaplaincy were the hindu, and then only because part of their ministry involved feeding anyone who wanted. The nenu was exclusively vegetarian of course, it might even have been vegan, was tgere such a word in 1976??

the fact is though, their veggie curry was rather good and they were more than happy to feed heathens
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 13, 2023, 03:00:10 PM
Go Woke, Go Broke

I honestly don't get why vegans want to have something that looks like what they fucking despise.

When i was a student and went veggie because i could not AFFORD meat well not any you'd want to eat, all sorts of people were keen to provide ideas, recipes, you name it, but it was pretty bloody obvious what was on the plate was veggies and cheese. Nobody tried to make a cheese and veggie stuffed aubergine look like a meat stuffed one....
I went to an OU Summer school some years ago and getting food in the canteen was a nightmare until someone suggested there was never a queue in the Vegan canteen. I ate vegan for a few days but I ended up with flatulence so bad I could not stand it myself.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Go Woke, Go Broke

I honestly don't get why vegans want to have something that looks like what they fucking despise.

When i was a student and went veggie because i could not AFFORD meat well not any you'd want to eat, all sorts of people were keen to provide ideas, recipes, you name it, but it was pretty bloody obvious what was on the plate was veggies and cheese. Nobody tried to make a cheese and veggie stuffed aubergine look like a meat stuffed one....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Oh dear how sad never mind:-

Meatless Farm: Vegan mince firm on brink of collapse - BBC News

17 hours ago
A vegan food company has stopped trading and let its staff go after it was unable to survive in the tough meat-free market.
Meatless Farm made plant-based alternatives to meat and was stocked in major UK supermarkets, but made its 50-strong workforce redundant on Friday.
In 2021 at its peak, it sold over £11m worth of its plant-based mince, burgers and chicken breasts.
The firm's demise comes amid a wider slump in demand for meat alternatives.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe