UK debt now higher tha GDP

Started by patman post, June 21, 2023, 07:13:45 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 22, 2023, 12:51:51 PM
I leave blaming Brexit, Covid or Putin to those who are running this country. But I put the direct blame on Tory administrations over the past four/five years — they've been in charge of managing this country and the welfare of its citizens...
That's a cop out and you know it, Covid and Putin have put pressure on the system like never before, and blaming the government is ridiculous. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 21, 2023, 08:49:56 PM
Are you blaming this on Brexit, Covid or Putin?
I leave blaming Brexit, Covid or Putin to those who are running this country. But I put the direct blame on Tory administrations over the past four/five years — they've been in charge of managing this country and the welfare of its citizens...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 21, 2023, 08:10:55 PM
Starmer isn't in power. Sunak and the Tories are.

In government but not in power.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Has anyone suggested otherwise ?
Rising prices, impossible mortgage increases, and increasing food bank use isn't a good look for the Conservatives.
But is any of that reason enough to vote Labour ?
Sunak not turning up to support the sovereignty of Parliament seems to indicate that the Tory administration already believes it's lost the next election...
Does it ?  For me it indicates that Sunak needs all the help he can get and keeping the club Johnson  onside is part of that . If Sunak does believe he has lost already he is the wrong man for the job , but we knew that already .

Nick

Rising prices, impossible mortgage increases, and increasing food bank use isn't a good look for the Conservatives.

Sunak not turning up to support the sovereignty of Parliament seems to indicate that the Tory administration already believes it's lost the next election...
Are you blaming this on Brexit, Covid or Putin?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 21, 2023, 07:28:48 PM
As soon as Starmer starts talking about policy ,net zero and the alphabet people I reckon the tories might just be a bit closer than some seem to think

Rising prices, impossible mortgage increases, and increasing food bank use isn't a good look for the Conservatives.

Sunak not turning up to support the sovereignty of Parliament seems to indicate that the Tory administration already believes it's lost the next election...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 21, 2023, 07:13:45 PM
This is not going to help inflation — what's going to attract voters to the Conservatives now their money management skills are being tested...?
As soon as Starmer starts talking about policy ,net zero and the alphabet people I reckon the tories might just be a bit closer than some seem to think 

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 21, 2023, 07:13:45 PM
This is not going to help inflation — what's going to attract voters to the Conservatives now their money management skills are being tested...?
I have to wonder about the sanity of anyone attracted to the Tories given the ever worsening chaos of the last 13 years.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post